查看: 4071|回覆: 51
go

小班教學 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-1-12 16:44 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
兩位特首候選人陸陸續續公布政綱,小弟求其關心兩位會如何處理教
育的問題。不約而同,兩位就小班教學說出了一些意見,容許小弟也
搭搭咀,說幾句...

社會討論了「小班教學」多年,遺憾是聽到的討論多數將小班教學和因適齡學童人口下降而導致學校資源過剩、縮班殺校兩個課題綑綁一起,於是乎有人就覺得小班教學就是教師和學校想出來的擋箭牌,意圖避過一劫,坊間也有討論環繞所需資源、硬件不足、小班定義、實施級別、制度彈性等等邊皮細節,卻從來沒有討論為什麼要小班教學,小班教學有什麼好處。...

續@

http://evianh2o.blogspot.com/2012/01/blog-post_12.html  
   0    0    0    0
80前潮爸一名,半隻怪獸,唔識揸直升機。以普通爸爸角度談親子、論教育、評時事。Promise自己2012要Live Simple, Look Forward, Do Something!

2#
發表於 12-1-13 14:08 |只看該作者
Personally, I don't prefer to swing from one extreme to another extreme, middle of the road is more workable:

1. Small class learning is expensive, are we willing to pay for that? As a tax payer, I doubt it.

2. Our infrastructure and qualification of teachers are not ready and good enough to handle that. E.g. number of class room.....

3. Split class is another option, elite class may be still 1:36, then in other classes can split into 1:24 or 1:12 on subject basis (Chinese, English and Maths). Use the best teacher in 1:12 and not in 1:36....... We can refer to SPCC and DBS.

4. Also in NSS, divide the subjects into elementary and advance. similar to standard level and higher level in IB, so students really want to study university, they should go for more advance level subjects. Just for pass or other alternative routes, most subjects or all subjects are elementary. Small class won't help much for inferior students, lower the requirement of the collicullum can help them to learn the fundmental subjects and not discouraged by poor exam results.
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

3#
發表於 12-1-13 17:01 |只看該作者
Thanks AnChan59.
Allow me to discuss further on the topic.

我對小班教學這課題的分析不在於單單香港這個教育環境,只是想告訴大家及政府多元開放互動的教育模式將是世界大勢所趨,而小班教學是實踐這教學模式的一種必然工具,香港遲早一定要跟隨。

香港現在嘗試鼓勵學生學會學習,多角度思考,that's why現在這麼著重通識,新高中方向正確,但政府眼高手低、吝嗇投資。大班教學, i.e.30人以上, 是以前工業革命後,教育被視為mass production的學說,當時大部份國家資源也不豐足,所以大班教學是合理。

現在已是21世紀,世界很多地方(包括台灣、日本、南韓、新加坡、甚至內地一線城市)在教育質素上已超越香港,超越了讀書為考試這個境界,強調思考探索。你看我們的大學生還是一舊飯便略知差異。

無奈香港家長和政府思維還停留在19世紀,敢打賭若果我們再不轉向,永遠也出不到Mark Zuckerberg、Steve Jobs、甚至九把刀也不能。

小班教學不是用來提高成績,而是訓練孩子思考、探索、創新,提高學習興趣。

又其實大家不必擔心香港政府對小班教學負擔不來,要知道我們是世界十大大富有城市之一,而教育絕對是一項長遠戰略性投資,是必須花的。而小班不代表要cut班,三班打散做四班、四班打散做五班已經好好多。
80前潮爸一名,半隻怪獸,唔識揸直升機。以普通爸爸角度談親子、論教育、評時事。Promise自己2012要Live Simple, Look Forward, Do Something!

4#
發表於 12-1-13 22:19 |只看該作者
May be the last two decades had drastic changes, from my experience and observation, definitely Taiwan, Japan and Singapore not the type of students you described. Korean may be a bit better...... just look at the tuition centres in those countries.

I can't see our teachers are ready.....

5#
發表於 12-1-18 23:36 |只看該作者
矛盾的是:研究報告顯示推行小班教學未能明顯提升學業成績,那麼為什麼投放大量資源($……)?
但推行小班教學,確實增加課堂互動!如果大班教學,課堂管理必成問題!(而家D學生講0吾停口,過度活躍症0既又多)

6#
發表於 12-1-19 00:59 |只看該作者
My son study in a DSS secondary school, Grade 7-9 around 36-40 student per class. From Grade 10 onward, he picks IB stream, the class size becomes 15 students.

Better ratio and better teaching method (Similar to tutor system in university.), the depth of knowledge is much better. For example, even an essay he has many chance to work on drafts according to the comments from the teacher, the ideas, organization, presentation........are enhanced. More group discussion, more individual presentation....... the teacher can spare more time on individual needs of all students.

In IS and ESF proved to be successful in small class learning, why we can't in our schools...... What's the problem? The education system, the quality of teachers, spaces, teacher training, parents mind set...... I can't see just small class can work, we need to reramp our education system, our teachers and parents mind set.

7#
發表於 12-1-19 17:27 |只看該作者
回復 ANChan59 的帖子

The education system, the quality of teachers, spaces, teacher training, parents mind set...... I can't see just small class can work, we need to reramp our education system, our teachers and parents mind set.
我认为父母的mind set 最重要!

點評

ANChan59  多謝妳畫龍點睛  發表於 12-1-19 17:48

8#
發表於 12-1-20 16:34 |只看該作者
最難說服家長的一點是:讀書不是為成績,讀書不是為考試!
>.<

9#
發表於 12-1-20 21:51 |只看該作者
回復 evianh2o 的帖子

Parents to be blamed definitely not the solution, any positive and workable solution.

10#
發表於 12-1-20 22:30 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

11#
發表於 12-1-21 14:21 |只看該作者
awah112 發表於 12-1-20 22:30
如果仔女一定有位讀大學(外國讀),咁家長比較放心,仔女可以讀書不是為成績,讀書不是為考試......但係香港由 ...
有同感。
無可行的解決方案會變成風涼話。

12#
發表於 12-1-26 10:19 |只看該作者
要解決香港當下揠苗助長、教育制度兩極化,其實不是沒有方法,不過肯定香港政府沒有guts會做。方向就是將所有中小學校「平均化」,同時大幅增加大學學位,大家要知道香港的入U率是亞洲已發展城市中數一數二的低唷!

有與趣繼續探討下去的可參考一下外國的平等均衡的教育策略,當中首推芬蘭教育,備受國際推崇,各地(包括我們的教育局)都爭相慕名考察,原因除了是他們能夠培養出多元高質的學生,還有世界各地都響往他們社會與政府對教育的一份尊重和堅持維護公平均等的教育環境。

有一台灣好blog介紹,blogger Yolanda曾在芬蘭生活,寫了一系列有關芬蘭教育的文章,其中她的小朋友的上學體驗和作者陪讀的經驗與感想,也有一些和芬蘭教育工作者,從老師到校長以及家長們的懇談,很值得我們參考和反思。
http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/yolanda-chen/

13#
發表於 12-1-26 11:18 |只看該作者
回復 evianh2o 的帖子

I know so many educators use Finland as an example, but seldom talk about relevant resources, like tax bracket, parents involvement and their calibres, teachers qualification, school set up ........
Can we do it by ourself? If yes, why we don't do it at home and parallel with the "Formal education" to co
Ply with our local but silly ruling. Why need to wait...... We can come up something like hybrid system in HK.

14#
發表於 12-1-26 12:41 |只看該作者

15#
發表於 12-1-26 12:48 |只看該作者

16#
發表於 12-1-26 13:43 |只看該作者
回復 ANChan59 的帖子

Yes. I'm not advocating that we should all follow Finland's model 'cos each education system is unique and should be tailored to fit one's cultural and social development needs.
A hybrid system is what I (and I think many of us) is looking for, but somehow our government doesn't have a clue about this so far.

In fact, I've been stuyding many systems around the world and from friends in different places, statistics and models in other Asian countries and western societies are interesting.  A new book is coming out to market soon, which should give us all (and the government) some hints to make our education system "workable".

17#
發表於 12-1-26 13:47 |只看該作者
回復 bookreader 的帖子

Thanks for the info.
I knew about this as well.
But I tell you what, many schools are in fact charging premium prices, ie. more than what they need.
Therefore, I'm sure there is room to adjust down if our HK Government really shows some guts in putting forward some changes, pressing all schools to re-look at their resources allocation and spending.

18#
發表於 12-1-26 15:05 |只看該作者

19#
發表於 12-1-26 23:49 |只看該作者
evianh2o 發表於 12-1-26 13:43
回復 ANChan59 的帖子

Yes. I'm not advocating that we should all follow Finland's model 'cos each ed ...
For me hybrid system, more like education = Home + School + External enrichment program + .....
We need to mix and match with our kids and with excellent communication with their teachers and schools, not rely on the government as all kids are unique and different.

It doesn't mean I know the answer and the method, I just encourage us as parents to use try and error method with clear attributes for our kids......

20#
發表於 12-1-27 00:29 |只看該作者
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖