本人正為囡囡考慮是否選英普班幼稚園,非常煩惱!開始體會各位家長的心情!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-11-4 21:46 |只看該作者
有冇家長可以分享下?

醒目開學勳章

3#
發表於 11-11-4 21:57 |只看該作者
what are you worrying about?  Cannot catch up with cantonese class in primary school?

4#
發表於 11-11-4 22:29 |只看該作者

回復 3# Laputa 的帖子

Well, what I believe is that, the golden period for childern to develop their languages (other than their mother tongue) really is in their kindergarten period.  As my gal is already speaking cantonese, I think she can pick up this language pretty easily in her daily life. So I am thinking if I should get her to Eng/PTH class in her K1 so at least she will have to use these two languages in her class.  If I get her to Tri-lingual class, I guess she will just stick to cantonese and can never learn Eng & PTH properly.

Haven't said that, I wish her to have a good language foundation to pave the way for her primary and secondary schooling, yet I am a bit concerned about:

1) If Eng/PTH class is more favorable in terms of getting into good local primary schools (Eng Primary School maybe?)
2) or Tri-lingual class is more favorable instead?
3) If I am targeting DSS school, like CKY, which class should I choose?  

Of course I am assuming childern will have better Eng & PTH if they attend Eng/PTH Kindergarten in general.

Please advise!  Anyone?

5#
發表於 11-11-4 23:14 |只看該作者
英普班非常好o丫!  我大女kindie時只係Eng/Can班, P1學校普教中, 佢應付得唔錯.  細女kindie時Eng/PTH班, P1亦是普教中, 如魚得水, 而且發音比家姐更標準.  兩人同是傳統小學.  

原帖由 j-mum 於 11-11-4 20:00 發表
好想請教已有子女上小學嘅BK朋友,
如果當年子女係讀兩文三語班嘅幼稚園, 今日上了甚麼小學呢?

如果當年子女係讀 英普班嘅幼稚園, 今日又上了甚麼小學呢?

本人正為囡囡考慮是否選英普班幼稚園,非常煩惱!開始體會各位家長 ...

6#
發表於 11-11-4 23:38 |只看該作者

回復 5# Yanamami 的帖子

Thank you for your sharing Yanamami!!!  

Any more parents would like to share?  

7#
發表於 11-11-4 23:41 |只看該作者
Any parents with childern studing in DSS would like to share? Were your kids in Eng/PTH or Trillingual KG class before?

8#
發表於 11-11-5 08:21 |只看該作者
再推一推先! 唔該各位!

原帖由 j-mum 於 11-11-4 23:41 發表
Any parents with childern studing in DSS would like to share? Were your kids in Eng/PTH or Trillingual KG class before?

9#
發表於 11-11-5 08:57 |只看該作者
We could share our experience. When my son was 2-4 years old, we move to Beijing due to my work reason. So he was studied in PTH/ENg kindergarten. Then we moved back to Hk and he studied in normal Cantonese/ Eng kind.
I'm glad that he has 2 yrs experience in bj and so his PTH is very good. I'm regret that he didn't study in PTH kind. In Hk.
Anyhow, he now studies in TSL, one of the DSS school and his PTH is still relative good.
原帖由 j-mum 於 11-11-5 08:21 發表
再推一推先! 唔該各位!

10#
發表於 11-11-5 15:10 |只看該作者
原帖由 heidikl 於 11-11-5 08:57 發表
We could share our experience. When my son was 2-4 years old, we move to Beijing due to my work reason. So he was studied in PTH/ENg kindergarten. Then we moved back to Hk and he studied in normal Can ...

Thank you heidikl for sharing ar!

I like DSS school...if most DSS school requires students to be strong at both Eng and PTH, then maybe choosing a Eng/PTH stream in Kinder would be good for long term.

11#
發表於 11-11-5 22:26 |只看該作者
I sent my child to Eng & PTH class.  Now he was willing to speak simple PTH with locals when we were travelling in Taiwan.  Also, he enjoy watching PTH & Eng cartoon very much.  P.S. my husband and myself is not good at PTH.

12#
發表於 11-11-6 02:13 |只看該作者
原帖由 elizatyy 於 11-11-5 22:26 發表
I sent my child to Eng & PTH class.  Now he was willing to speak simple PTH with locals when we were travelling in Taiwan.  Also, he enjoy watching PTH & Eng cartoon very much.  P.S. my husband and my ...

Thank you Elizatyy!  May I know more, like how old is your son now? What type of primary school will be suitablefor him do u think? DSS? Traditional? International?

13#
發表於 11-11-6 02:14 |只看該作者
I sent my child to Eng & PTH class.  Now he was willing to speak simple PTH with locals when we were travelling in Taiwan.  Also, he enjoy watching PTH & Eng cartoon very much.  P.S. my husband and my ...

Thank you Elizatyy!  May I know more, like how old is your son now? What type of primary school will be suitablefor him do u think? DSS? Traditional? International?

14#
發表於 11-11-6 02:15 |只看該作者

15#
發表於 11-11-6 12:56 |只看該作者
又好想請問小朋友讀兩文三語班嘅家長們,你哋係咪主要想小朋友入本地傳統小學呢?小朋友講英文或普通話順利嗎?

16#
發表於 11-11-6 12:57 |只看該作者
唔係順利,係流利. Sorry...Typo!

17#
發表於 11-11-6 13:31 |只看該作者
Eng & PTH class is better, as most of DSS is now adopting PTH for Chinese and English for other subjects.

But.. things may have exceptions. Some kids do have difficulties in catching up PTH, then, don't push them, in some situations, cantonese class for learning Chinese will be better for their comprehension of Chinese learning...

I don't think there will have "fatal problems" if kids don't go to PTH class, so keep an open mind to look at your kid's needs and special situations.

18#
發表於 11-11-6 13:45 |只看該作者
First kid at Cantonese English class, PTH not that good

Second kid at PTH and English class, PTH is very fluent

But for Chinese learning, first kid is doing well as the second kid, in terms of comprehension and composition, but orally is fluent, yet not that "original" as the second kid.

原帖由 j-mum 於 11-11-6 12:57 發表
唔係順利,係流利. Sorry...Typo!

19#
發表於 11-11-7 11:16 |只看該作者
Thanks for sharing!  may I know if your kids now are
studying in what type of school? Traditional or DSS or international? Is your second kid speak less Cantonese? Or he is still very good at using Cantonese to express himself?  Sorry for questions again!

原帖由 motherotk 於 11-11-6 13:45 發表
First kid at Cantonese English class, PTH not that good

Second kid at PTH and English class, PTH is very fluent

But for Chinese learning, first kid is doing well as the second kid, in terms of compr ...

20#
發表於 11-11-7 11:36 |只看該作者
Both are at DSS types of school.

The second kid still speaks cantonese as we speak cantonese at home. But the school use Mandarin curriculum in chinese language and phonic learning, with their own design of materials, such as poems, so she is able to keep up the Mandarin in fluent way.

原帖由 j-mum 於 11-11-7 11:16 發表
Thanks for sharing!  may I know if your kids now are
studying in what type of school? Traditional or DSS or international? Is your second kid speak less Cantonese? Or he is still very good at using C ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題