密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 聖心vs大坑真光,你地會點揀?
查看: 4131|回覆: 21
go

聖心vs大坑真光,你地會點揀? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-2-15 11:03 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
我個女有大坑真光AM Offer and 聖心PM Offer, 請問各位家長你地會點揀? I live in HK,請俾意見, thanks!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-2-15 11:14 |只看該作者
Deleted Deleted

3#
發表於 11-2-15 11:40 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

4#
發表於 11-2-15 22:48 |只看該作者
真光is better

5#
發表於 11-2-15 22:54 |只看該作者
原帖由 我家小B 於 11-2-15 22:48 發表
真光is better

點解??? SH 好好ar!!!!

6#
發表於 11-2-15 23:27 |只看該作者
真光保証直升上小學,又無咁大壓力!

醒目開學勳章

7#
發表於 11-2-16 02:29 |只看該作者
Please don't mind that I post here too, as obviously most parents would know my preference due to our choice for our elder one.

In fact, True Light (Tai Hang) and Sacred Heart are our only two offers this year so I guess I should share my view.

Every children should be assessed separately so their most suitable kindergarten should not be biased by their parents' preference nor their elder siblings' whereabouts.  I guess for parents like myself and my wife that just to try implementing this is already a tough task (trust me, more difficult than I can imagine).

Anyway, on the late night before we received letter from SHCK, we were still debating for hours on what we should do for our young daughter.  She has a very different personality that we believe she would enjoy the learning in True Light through their primary school.  This is very different from her elder sister.  So, as parents we need to think thoroughly whether she can receive the same benefits from other kindergartens.

I have learned to be open minded these years as some of you may know I am (same for my wife) skeptical with activity-based learning like TL where children have many opportunities to explore the world.  So, for both the parents to appreciate the teaching methods at TL, we are trying to look at things from our children' angle.  I am no doubts she will have a happy learning experience at her young age so we are very very close to make the call and let her go ahead with TL.

As we got the good news from SHCK, then here come the dilemma.  I would have no concerns for her to attend SHCK since it has everything we agree and appreciate as a family.  But as we aim for private primary section for our elder daughter, we are unsure if our young one would be suitable to follow her sister in the same primary school.  Based on my young one's character for the time being, I would say she may be more suitable or TL primary's style.  However, we wouldn't want to give up SHCK for her kindergarten, only because of the secured private primary seat at TL.  So, after thorough discussions which involve all the family members, we have decided to take SHCK offer and will withdraw from TL.

8#
發表於 11-2-16 08:28 |只看該作者
Dear Ian,

Can you share with me more about the learning / teaching style in True Light (Tai Hang) kindergarten and primary school.

My daughter gets an offer in TL too. And I am struggling between TL, PC and MS.

Thanks!

Happypiglet.

原帖由 iantsang 於 11-2-16 02:29 發表
Please don't mind that I post here too, as obviously most parents would know my preference due to our choice for our elder one.

In fact, True Light (Tai Hang) and Sacred Heart are our only two offers ...

9#
發表於 11-2-16 12:10 |只看該作者
多謝各位意見,請問聖心AM and PM有冇分別?會唔會AM係好D呢!

醒目開學勳章

10#
發表於 11-2-16 13:03 |只看該作者
I recommend you to visit True Light's forum to understand more from the existing parents:

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=450

My understand may not be totally accurate since we didn't really consider TL for our elder daughter.

On the gender perspective, I would feel it is better for girls to attend TL and PC for boys.

原帖由 happypiglet 於 11-2-16 08:28 發表
Dear Ian,

Can you share with me more about the learning / teaching style in True Light (Tai Hang) kindergarten and primary school.

My daughter gets an offer in TL too. And I am struggling between TL ...

醒目開學勳章

11#
發表於 11-2-16 13:05 |只看該作者
curriculum is exactly the same, I had the same wonder since my elder daughter wake up late so I didn't apply am section back then and chose pm as first choice.  For a moment I was worried if there will be different.

At the end, I mentioned this in another thread that seems pm students have better learning in overall since they are less sleepy......   I guess this depends on the children.

原帖由 vilalala 於 11-2-16 12:10 發表
多謝各位意見,請問聖心AM and PM有冇分別?會唔會AM係好D呢!

12#
發表於 11-2-16 13:19 |只看該作者
如果俾我選, 一定選聖心, 聖心喺Band one 頭, 而真光算Band one 尾/ Band two 頭. 而且聖心出來啲女仔喺好乖好純.

13#
發表於 11-2-16 15:43 |只看該作者
Answer with bias: I choose SHCK (becasue that was my decision last year).

Answer without bias: I choose both, let your daughter to attend both for the first year and ask and observe which one your daughter like most, then drop on when she is promoted to K2.

Good luck!

14#
發表於 11-2-16 16:13 |只看該作者

回復 7# iantsang 的帖子

Ian, may I ask why you are skeptical about the activity-based learning?  Is SH truely theme-based learning?  Thanks.

醒目開學勳章

15#
發表於 11-2-17 08:19 |只看該作者
just wonder, are you referring to their primary schools?  

原帖由 GAT 於 11-2-16 13:19 發表

醒目開學勳章

16#
發表於 11-2-17 08:26 |只看該作者
I like the way you answer the question!  

On the benefits of the family, I guess this is an effective way to decide but I guess no need to hang on for whole year.  A month or two will probably be enough to assess.

However, personally as both are popular choices, would be slightly selfish to hold on to both seats (probably why you suggested to stay for whole year).  

原帖由 GCCC1231 於 11-2-16 15:43 發表
Answer with bias: I choose SHCK (becasue that was my decision last year).

Answer without bias: I choose both, let your daughter to attend both for the first year and ask and observe which one your da ...

醒目開學勳章

17#
發表於 11-2-17 08:30 |只看該作者
haha, if you didn't mention, I almost forget SHCK is theme-based!  Well, they mix them so well that I can't even notice it!  I would say they use theme-based as a backbone so not purely theme-based.

The reason why I am skeptical of activity-based learning is totally personal as our plan is the children will stay with conventional teaching thru secondary school study.  So, we just feel it is better to stay with the more traditional way from the beginning only.

原帖由 twinsmummy 於 11-2-16 16:13 發表
Ian, may I ask why you are skeptical about the activity-based learning?  Is SH truely theme-based learning?  Thanks.

18#
發表於 11-2-17 10:48 |只看該作者

但係真光保証直上, 聖心唔係, 如果到時阿囡唔可以直上咪仲煩. 因為今年k1競爭都咁大, p1 咪仲激烈?

19#
發表於 11-2-17 11:32 |只看該作者
Dear Ian,

Personally, I also prefer TL for my girl. But we need to consider the little brother who will have to apply for K1 next year.

Do you think we have to choose TL (my 1st choice for girl) or PC(consider also for the little bother)?

Thanks!

Happypiglet.

原帖由 iantsang 於 11-2-16 13:03 發表
I recommend you to visit True Light's forum to understand more from the existing parents:

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=450

My understand may not be totally accurate since we did ...

20#
發表於 11-2-17 12:54 |只看該作者
‹ 上一主題|下一主題