回覆 #1 alady 的文章

http://www.dgs.edu.hk/display.ph ... es&lang=English

3#
發表於 08-2-22 15:55 |只看該作者
thank you!

4#
發表於 08-2-22 19:19 |只看該作者
原文章由 el1008 於 08-2-21 14:40 發表
http://www.dgs.edu.hk/display.php?section=Achievements&page=Graduates&lang=English

Wa! Judging from the admission list by overseas universities (esp the US). I personally will rank DGS number one school in HK.

DGS is unrivalled, comparing other regional Band one school like Cheung Cheuk Sang, etc. in terms of training students to have international exposure.

In this regard, SPCC is another good school.

The results of DGS students having admitted to overseas U are comparable to good international schools in HK.

It is a blessing if kids of yours can go into it and are able to enhance their abilities there.

Having said that, other local band one schools have their own merits which are worthly of respect.

5#
發表於 08-2-22 21:27 |只看該作者

回覆 #4 kkbbkk 的文章

Thank you!

6#
發表於 08-2-25 10:35 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

7#
發表於 08-2-25 15:21 |只看該作者
原文章由 ha8mo 於 08-2-25 10:35 發表
I think the trend is rich people are sending their kids overseas in a much earlier stage than high schools / universities.

No doubt, rich family sending children overseas is the trend.

However, getting into good high schools/ universities in the US is even more difficult than in HK. This is why I rank DGS so high.

8#
發表於 08-2-29 11:00 |只看該作者

9#
發表於 08-2-29 13:20 |只看該作者

回覆 #8 christf 的文章

DGS 由F1 - F2 嘅5 班,  去到F.3 有 4班係因為係2006/2007(今年F.2)學校轉做直資中學,  當時校長由全級4班加到全級5班, 所以並唔係因為學生成績唔好而減少學生人數. 至於F.5 升F.6只得3班, 這亦是正常現象, 存在於每一間本地學校, 始終香港嘅教育制度都係精英教育嘛

10#
發表於 08-3-2 23:08 |只看該作者
原文章由 christf 於 08-2-29 11:00 發表
The percentage as compared with the top IS is still not so good even though excessive internal screening has been conducting (i.e 5 classes/level  at Form 1 to 3 down to only 4 clasess/level at Form 4 ...

Which IS schools are you refering to?

As far as I know, most IS schools in Hong Kong has lower proportion of students admitted to the top Us or local Us than the local famous secondary schools.

11#
發表於 08-3-3 11:16 |只看該作者
原文章由 el1008 於 08-2-29 13:20 發表
DGS 由F1 - F2 嘅5 班,  去到F.3 有 4班係因為係2006/2007(今年F.2)學校轉做直資中學,  當時校長由全級4班加到全級5班, 所以並唔係因為學生成績唔好而減少學生人數. 至於F.5 升F.6只得3班, 這亦是正常現象, 存在於每 ...

el1008:

You really stated out what I want to reply Christf. In supplement, the other reason for reduction in classes is because there are students (usually richer ones) than other EMI schools who went studying abroad in even lower forms.

I know friends whose kid studies / are studying in International schools, HKIS, Canadian and ESF. Those delicated mom told me that they are striving hard to help their kids enter good prep school in the State, for paving their ways to enter good US Universities (which DGS 拔尖list contains a lot).

I also conducted a bit of research on overseas studies, especially the US cos I will send my son there (East Coast) for prep school/ high school.

I write here just want to give local parents some information on different local secondary schools. My information/observation may not be 100% correct and DGS may not be a perfect school. After all, if we as parents can have a better view on global trend on education/curriculum, it will also be beneficial to our kids.

12#
發表於 08-3-3 12:36 |只看該作者

13#
發表於 08-3-3 13:58 |只看該作者
但現在行新制334,那DGS是否一樣F1可讀至F6仍保持F1的班數?

原文章由 elsa2005 於 08-3-3 12:36 發表

正確!

補充少少:未轉直資前,DGS由F5-->F6,班級數目由4班-->3班,但大部分中學F5-->F6的班級數目變化係由5班-->2班,多數學生都冇得留低。

14#
發表於 08-3-3 15:12 |只看該作者

回覆 #13 summum 的文章

why not ? 其實唔應該用一d另類眼光看dgs, 正如校長講DGS係一個本地中學, 如果其他學校係F.1 到 F.6 都係班數保持一樣, 我相信DGS都係一樣.
當日DGS學校簡介時, 校長亦解釋由津貼中學轉做直資中學嘅意思,係想保持小學全數升上中學, 不想因為教育政策嘅原因,導致有部份學生升不到原校.

15#
發表於 08-3-3 18:12 |只看該作者

16#
發表於 08-3-3 21:19 |只看該作者
I am talking about percentage too.

My previous boss's (she is a famous professional in town)
daughter was studying in a very top IS. But my boos found her girl too poor in Eng, Chinese, Math and Science. Then my boss sent her to a local secondary school at F4. Even worse, she was expelled because she could not catch up in almost all subjects. Surprisingly my boss quitted her job and took her girl to Canada after F5.

Before my boss left, she recommended not to send kids to IS as she found many similar cases in IS. She said most of IS students entered universities utlimately but not the top ones. Only a small proportion can go to famous universities. How small is it? I have no idea. Can you show some supporting data?

原文章由 christf 於 08-3-3 18:12 發表
I am talking about the percentage but not the absolute number.  For the large number of students in DGS, the absolute number is of course quite large.

You want to know which IS, go to study which IS  ...

17#
發表於 08-3-3 23:20 |只看該作者

回覆 #2 christf 的文章

I think you are bit too bias in commenting the students in DGS.  In fact, I believe there are outstanding students in both DGS and the top IS.  Why do you have to insist saying that the quality of IS students are far better than that of the DGS.  Having good academic results or entering top universities are not the only indicator of a brilliant student.  It also include the commitment to social service, which is mostly encouraged by DGS.  How about the IS in this area?  Please provide concrete data before putting forward your subjective comment.

[ 本文章最後由 idaleungwm 於 08-3-3 23:29 編輯 ]

18#
發表於 08-3-4 09:05 |只看該作者
原文章由 youma 於 08-3-3 21:19 發表
I am talking about percentage too.

My previous boss's (she is a famous professional in town)
daughter was studying in a very top IS. But my boos found her girl too poor in Eng, Chinese, Math and Sci ...

youma,

IS are very different from local elite schools, they do not screen out or expel students with poor academic results, so they have band 1 to 3 students even in top IS.  There is a wide range of students with different standards in IS and they learn different subjects at schools according to different academic levels.  For the % going to top Us, you can check from websites of different IS if you are really interested.  It is not a "low" figure as you said.  Your boss' kid is just a common case of those who simply "dumb" their kids in IS and think that they don't need to do anything.  

In DGS, I believe all students are top to mid-band 1 students.  It is well-known to be the top elite school in HK with the best academic results for many years.  With generally wealthier background, those top students usually choose to study aboard after F.5 or even earlier.  This is also the same in IS.  So I think those 拔尖 nos. are not very meaningful to be an indicator for the school.

IS are generally offering all-rounded training, and I know that DGS does the same.  Afterall, I think it is not an apple-to-apple comparison due to the very different education system, cirriculum and intake of students.

19#
發表於 08-3-4 09:55 |只看該作者
香港有唔同類型嘅學校,亦有唔同嘅教育制度,正所謂百花齊放,各色其色. 其實每間學校都有利弊,每個家長嘅選擇都代表佢地嘅取向, 沒有什麼好比較, 即使有國際視野但無開闊嘅心胸也是徒然. 板主最先出此問題,我相信只係想知道多有一些學校嘅資料, 但竟招來對學校嘅批評,相信係此料不及, 我希望各位家長無論係對自己學校嘅尊重, 對下一代嘅身教,都應到此為止

20#
發表於 08-3-4 10:40 |只看該作者
‹ 上一主題|下一主題