用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RC : Is it too late to apply Year 1 (07-08) ?
查看: 4551|回覆: 42
go

RC : Is it too late to apply Year 1 (07-08) ? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-6-5 10:56 |只看該作者

RC : Is it too late to apply Year 1 (07-08) ?

i missed the application period and i just called up the admission office, the lady told me the waiting list for getting an interview is sooooo long that the chance for me is very very few.     

Anyone can advise what to do le?

2#
發表於 07-6-5 11:46 |只看該作者

Re: RC : Is it too late to apply Year 1 (07-08) ?

If I were you, I'd submit the application form.
In opposite, if you wouldn't try, you'll never get it.

PS: you have to pay $800 for administration fee.
各有前因莫羨人

3#
發表於 07-6-5 16:19 |只看該作者

From the time of being, I suggest you looking for other IS for temporily because I was apply on early March is no reply!
Good Luck! Maybe have long planning to RC or not!
matthewhim 寫道:
i missed the application period and i just called up the admission office, the lady told me the waiting list for getting an interview is sooooo long that the chance for me is very very few.     

Anyone can advise what to do le?
When the rain is over, the sky clears up take one's course 順其發展;聽其自然

4#
發表於 07-6-5 16:29 |只看該作者

Hi Matthewhim!

If you don't mind to pay $800 to RC, it''s good for you to have a try.  Don't listen to the lady (maybe Ms. Lau or Ms. Tsang), they often changed what they said.  Actually the school hasn't had a steady plan for the school.  That's why when you ask them, they cannot tell you the exact classes the school will have in the coming year(even now is June).   And somebody has told me that the school is quite flexible!!!!   So, just try.  At least you have a chance.  Remember that, first, the school maybe decide to open more new classes for the coming year, second, maybe some people would abandon their chances to enter RC (the chances are less).   But, if you apply, at least have a chance. Try!!

5#
發表於 07-6-5 16:44 |只看該作者

6#
發表於 07-6-5 16:45 |只看該作者

Hi KaKaYa!

No reply for RC is normal.  You know, last year, some people applied RC, the school hasn't sent back the receipt to them.  But this year, the school makes progress.  At least the school would send you back the receipt after they received your application.  And also, when you apply the other IS, they would send you back the receipt and also inform you the exam date by mail or e-mail.  But for RC,  the staffs would prefer using the phone to contact the parents, not the letter or e-mail.  And also, sometimes, if you don't make a call to RC to follow up your application, it's quite a long time for you to wait.  

7#
發表於 07-6-5 17:10 |只看該作者

From my last talking to Peter Kenny, I felt that they have indeed already decided what to do in the coming year. Just that whether they want to disclose what exactly they are going to do to parents is another thing.

Remember that they have to temporarily provide seats for children in DBIS. I do not know how many DBIS children there will be and which year group they are going to be, but it would definitely affect the in-take.

Also, I do not believe that a school can be that flexible. We are talking about extra teachers and staff if there are extra classes.

But, at the same time, I do not think that parents should think that it is that difficult. I think that parents should just go ahead and file the application form. The earlier you submit it, the higher you are on the list. I know that there are still a lot of people who have not been interviewed yet. But I know that they are still interviewing children. A child of a friend of my friend's has just gone to the placement test/interview. And I know that there are still applications going in. They are being quite selective this year. This might in fact be good news too since even if you are the last one on the list, if those in front of you are not competent, they will be rejected and you would still have a chance.

Futher, there are always people who in the end decided not to go. Well, parents are like that. May be they have got another offer from another school which they think is better, or they might simply decided not to leave the present school. Even for some elite local schools like DGS or GHS, there are always a few places released even after school starts.

8#
發表於 07-6-5 17:13 |只看該作者

unodostres 寫道:
But for RC,  the staffs would prefer using the phone to contact the parents, not the letter or e-mail.  And also, sometimes, if you don't make a call to RC to follow up your application, it's quite a long time for you to wait.  

I think this year is different.
My own experience is that everything is either on letter or email.
I was informed of the dates of placement test,  interview and Year 7 induction by letter.

BTW, will is your child in RC?

9#
發表於 07-6-5 17:16 |只看該作者

About no replied, I was phoned to RC's staff for 3 times in this months. But nothing can do ! they said.
unodostres 寫道:
Hi KaKaYa!

No reply for RC is normal.  You know, last year, some people applied RC, the school hasn't sent back the receipt to them.  But this year, the school makes progress.  At least the school would send you back the receipt after they received your application.  And also, when you apply the other IS, they would send you back the receipt and also inform you the exam date by mail or e-mail.  But for RC,  the staffs would prefer using the phone to contact the parents, not the letter or e-mail.  And also, sometimes, if you don't make a call to RC to follow up your application, it's quite a long time for you to wait.  

10#
發表於 07-6-5 17:19 |只看該作者

11#
發表於 07-6-5 17:19 |只看該作者

12#
發表於 07-6-5 17:23 |只看該作者

KaKaYa,
Which year group are you applying?
If you are talking about Year One, the placed are probably mostly filled up since most people apply at the beginning of the year. But like I said, parents usually apply more than one schools.
For other Years, they are still interviewing people.
Also, who did you call? Suzie Lau? She was extremely helpful when she handled my applications.

13#
發表於 07-6-5 17:29 |只看該作者

JennyL,
I phoned to Miss Tsang many times for year 1. How can I do ?
Thanks!
JennyL 寫道:
KaKaYa,
Which year group are you applying?
If you are talking about Year One, the placed are probably mostly filled up since most people apply at the beginning of the year. But like I said, parents usually apply more than one schools.
For other Years, they are still interviewing people.
Also, who did you call? Suzie Lau? She was extremely helpful when she handled my applications.

14#
發表於 07-6-5 17:32 |只看該作者

KaKaYa,
Sorry, I really do not know either.
Like I said, I am almost sure that there are people who would give up the seat eventually.
Have you applied to other schools?
Have you got any backup plans?

15#
發表於 07-6-5 22:29 |只看該作者

unodostres,

I found a different story in my case.  Everything was so clear and efficient to us.  Once I sent the application, I got the reply and receipt in a few weeks.  Afterwards, I received the letter for interview (admission screening).  I was so impressed on reading that letter.  It made us so comfortable and relax.  I never had such pleasant feeling for an interview.  Fortunately my daughter got accepted.  All the processes were informed by formal letters/emails.  Besides, I also sent some emails to schools.  They always gave me a reply on the same day or the next day.

unodostres 寫道:
Hi KaKaYa!

16#
發表於 07-6-5 22:37 |只看該作者

Hi JennyL:

I'm sorry to ask you that, do you know the people in RC or you have something special we don't know??   When did you apply?  Why are you so special to have something we don't have?? Susie Lau??? Nobody say she is good(more than thirty person, except you)  Ms. Tsang, she is just ok.   At least she is better than Susie Lau,  how can you say Susie is good.   Only 2 possibilities,  she was something wrong when she talked to you.   Or you know somebody in RC.   Am I right?  Don't tease us!!
I don't think RC treat KaKaYa  and the other people like you.  Am I right??     Do you find that the lady (Susie Lau) is good? Please tell???  Ms. Tsang,  before she is not the person to take care of the admissions.   But now, maybe too many cases to take care and Susie cannot take good care of.  That's why the school needs to appoint 2 persons to take care of the admissions.  

17#
發表於 07-6-5 22:51 |只看該作者

chingyu ,
Are you talking about Yr 1 or other classes? I sent the application on Early March, 2007. How different yr Cases? And the e-mail, I was sent many e-mail  and then they had any news . A few days later, I tried to  phoned to her and she could give me some reasons ????
Let share, please.

18#
發表於 07-6-5 22:53 |只看該作者

Hi Chingyu!

You are so luckly too!  When did you apply?  Many people are not like you.   I want to know that, KaKaYa, or the other people, RC treat you like that???   I don't think so?????

19#
發表於 07-6-5 23:02 |只看該作者

JennyL,
Any suggestion or give up this schools because two staff to handle the admissions . It makes many applications feel not vey comfortable.
I can select many choices of  Internatinal school in Kowloon Tong, but all the parents of RC said this school is good, but I Liked to try !
Meanwhile the staff always make me disappointed and tell me many reasons.........waiting for apply or gives up now????any ideals???ugently, to got any backup plans or methods....
Thanks for all parents   

20#
發表於 07-6-5 23:19 |只看該作者

KaKaYa:

I am really sorry that why you are so trust somebody.  He/She is differnt with us.   Many people (you can ask) are not like JennyL or other people.  The ladys in RC made many people feel uncomfotable.   Susie Lau and Ms. Tsang have special powers to make you have an early interview even you apply late.      Don't trust them!   Why you choose RC, it's because RC has ESF background.   But do you know that, a year ago, not so many people to choose Phoenix(we call RC now).  Different IS have different merits.  You still can choose.   
‹ 上一主題|下一主題