用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
樓主: silvia_ng
go

09年小一 [複製鏈接]

261#
發表於 09-9-11 08:18 |只看該作者
Will you let your kids to learn an instrument in school? What instrument do they like? My girl said she likes trumpet and double bass after watching the performance!!!

Do you know if they learn it within school hours or after school? Will they only teach the instrument on the day (Mon, Tue...) specified on the form only? will they have another arrangement if the instrument chosen fall on the day when we are not available?

262#
發表於 09-9-11 12:05 |只看該作者
henryesther,

My son learnt percussion last year. The given time was crashed with another activity.  Then the teacher arranged him to learn it during reading lesson(within school hours). Some kids learnt it after school hours. It depends on which group are you in.  You may contact with the in charge teacher if the available time on the form doesn't fit you. I am sure the in charge teacher can help.  

263#
發表於 09-9-11 12:13 |只看該作者
henryesther,

My son learnt percussion last year. The given time was crashed with another activity.  Then the teacher arranged him to learn it during reading lesson(within school hours). Some kids learnt it after school hours. It depends on which group are you in.  You may contact with the in charge teacher if the available time on the form doesn't fit you. I am sure the in charge teacher can help.  

264#
發表於 09-9-11 13:04 |只看該作者
My daughter chooses trumpet as well.   She actually has so little musical sense.  She choose Trumpet, solely because her best friend in class also chooses trumpet.  Ops... I am thinking, a trumpet is so expensive.  If she just choose this because of friends, I really doubt I should let her take the course.

Any advice?

原帖由 henryesther 於 09-9-11 08:18 發表
Will you let your kids to learn an instrument in school? What instrument do they like? My girl said she likes trumpet and double bass after watching the performance!!!

Do you know if they ...

265#
發表於 09-9-11 13:16 |只看該作者

回覆 2# TINGMUM 的文章

By the way, do you know what is the best way to communicate with the teacher in-charge?   Do we need to inform the class teacher of the arrangement ?

I tried to send iMail through the School web-site.  It seems that there is no response.  I doubt there is other better way of communications....

266#
發表於 09-9-11 14:44 |只看該作者
Little_Princess ,

If there is no response by i mail, you may consider to ring her up directly.  This is the way what I do if I want to communicate with teachers in school.

267#
發表於 09-9-11 15:05 |只看該作者
hello little_princess,
have you tried the old fashion way?!
fly them a pigeon!

sorry sorry.... i can't help myself.

原帖由 Little_Princess 於 11/9/2009 13:16 發表
By the way, do you know what is the best way to communicate with the teacher in-charge?   Do we need to inform the class teacher of the arrangement ?

I tried to send iMail through the School web-site ...
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

268#
發表於 09-9-11 15:13 |只看該作者
flostangraphy,

I highly recommend you to use this traditional approach to hand in your supporting documents to the school during Sep 11-21.   

Sorry!   Sorry!   I can't control my fingers as well whenever I read your posts!!   

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 09-9-11 15:05 發表

hello little_princess,
fly them a pigeon!

269#
發表於 09-9-11 15:45 |只看該作者
good thinking!
should i need to dress up the pigeon, as in person is required...

原帖由 principal 於 11/9/2009 15:13 發表
flostangraphy,

I highly recommend you to use this traditional approach to hand in your supporting documents to the school during Sep 11-21.   

Sorry!   Sorry!   I can't control my fing ...
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

270#
發表於 09-9-11 16:07 |只看該作者
flostangraphy,

Yes please.

You can tell the staff that you misread the school calendar and think it’s the “Multi-Cultural Day” so you dress up like a pigeon!!  

Also, remember to inform the staff that you come from
中山石歧”and is very yummy.  

May be you will also get 5 additional points because you dare to demonstrate your courage!!

But I hope you will not be captured by the hunters once you step out from the school!!

Good luck!!

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 09-9-11 15:45 發表
good thinking!
should i need to dress up the pigeon, as in person is required...

[ 本帖最後由 principal 於 09-9-11 20:37 編輯 ]

271#
發表於 09-9-11 17:47 |只看該作者
Pigeons may be shot by hunters or by Campus TV crew or TVB News crew etc, too !

272#
發表於 09-9-11 18:10 |只看該作者
so come to camoes this saturday! want to have a drink with the pigeon?
    -Steve Jobs-

273#
發表於 09-9-11 18:12 |只看該作者
Bluestar,

I am sure you can’t control your fingers as well after reading our posts!!
But the timing of your post is somewhat slower than I expected.
Next time, please type faster so we don't have to wait for your post that long!!   

After reading our posts, I guess it’s very likely that flostangraphy will give up his application by not showing up as he may not want to risk his previous life!!  

flostangraphy,

Do you still want to go or not??
It’s really not easy to be P1 parents these days!!  

原帖由 Bluestar 於 09-9-11 17:47 發表
Pigeons may be shot by hunters or by Campus TV crew or TVB News crew etc, too !

[ 本帖最後由 principal 於 09-9-11 18:13 編輯 ]

274#
發表於 09-9-11 18:26 |只看該作者
flostangraphy,

Tomorrow??
Deal is done.
Don’t be a coward!!  

I will inform the Campus TV crew members to prepare the warmest welcome to a desperate TSL parent-to-be like you.
Please note that they do that for VIPs ONLY so you are now being treated with a very privileged status even before going to the first interview.
You should be very proud of yourself.  

In order to keep my precious life, I would rather postpone our appointment and let you owe me a drink.  

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 09-9-11 18:10 發表
so come to camoes this saturday! want to have a drink with the pigeon?

275#
發表於 09-9-11 20:07 |只看該作者
TINGMUM, Little Princess

I asked the teacher in charge of musical intrument today and she said they would mostly arrange P1&2 students to learn the instrument during school hours.   She is very helpful despite I asked her many questions.  

Besides trumpet, my daughter also said she likes the big drum and the string instruments too.     I feel a bit strange for a girl to learn trumpet and the teacher said mostly boys will choose it.  I think I will try to seek for my girl's piano teacher's advise for her choice of instrument.

I have to ring the class teacher up twice before she replied me last week.  Seems that she is not so quick in replying parents calls.  So I will try to write down my message on the assignment and ask the child to pass it to the teacher.  But after reading from here, maybe I need to look for the "traditional way" next time.

276#
發表於 09-9-12 00:06 |只看該作者
Hi TINGMUM & HENRYESTHER,

Thank you for the advice!  BTW, how can I get the teacher's contact number?  Should I call the school office and leave message?

原帖由 TINGMUM 於 09-9-11 14:44 發表
Little_Princess ,

If there is no response by i mail, you may consider to ring her up directly.  This is the way what I do if I want to communicate with teachers in school.

277#
發表於 09-9-14 13:41 |只看該作者
yes, that's just what I do.

原帖由 Little_Princess 於 09-9-12 00:06 發表
Hi TINGMUM & HENRYESTHER,

Thank you for the advice!  BTW, how can I get the teacher's contact number?  Should I call the school office and leave message?

278#
發表於 09-9-14 23:41 |只看該作者
Hi flostangraphy,

What a brilliant idea!  

too bad... I just read your message.  Did you go to school last Sat?  I missed the chance to ask you to do me a favour.  I need a brilliant pigeon to deliver my message to the class teacher.

Ohhh.... when's your next trip to school?  Probably, you need to work overtime to help out our P1 students.  We all have too many messages for the teacher.

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 09-9-11 15:05 發表
hello little_princess,
fly them a pigeon!

279#
發表於 09-9-14 23:45 |只看該作者
Hi Tingmum,

Is it expensive to purchase the percussion instruments?  And, do you think percussion is easy to learn?  

Ar... I am considering an easy instrument for my daughter.  I don't think she could handle difficult one.  Her musical talent is just as 'GOOD' as mine.

原帖由 TINGMUM 於 09-9-11 12:13 發表
henryesther,

My son learnt percussion last year. The given time was crashed with another activity.  Then the teacher arranged him to learn it during reading lesson(within school hours). Some kids lea ...

280#
發表於 09-9-15 10:38 |只看該作者
flostangraphy,

See, there are so many good reasons for you to come back to TSL and there is also a tremendous demand for your “Pigeon Courier Service”.
Please consider it as a good side business for you as there are at least 175 orders from the current P1 parents, not counting additional orders from parents of senior grades.

I bet your “Pigeon Courier Service Co., Ltd.” can beat DxL/Fedxx/UxS in 5 years’ time!!    

Please consider it very seriously. 

原帖由 Little_Princess 於 09-9-14 23:41 發表

Hi flostangraphy,

What a brilliant idea!  

too bad... I just read your message.  Did you go to school last Sat?  I missed the chance to ask you to do me a favour.  I need a brilliant pigeon to deliv ...

[ 本帖最後由 principal 於 09-9-15 13:09 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題