用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 worthwhile to buy isf debenture?
發新帖
樓主: musicien
go

worthwhile to buy isf debenture? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-3-6 20:50 |顯示全部帖子
I can add/clarify some of the above info:
You can buy ISF debenture in 2nd hand market by contacting club membership agencies. There are several active in HK, e.g(http://www.evergolf.com.hk/) .The current quoted price is still around $5m. I wonder if there is any transaction given the IB results and u placement for 2012 are a bit disappointing. They will handle the paper work. You still need the school to approve and re-register.

You can also fax ISF a form to be put on the waiting list. I guess they may not issue new ones until the market "catches" up.

2#
發表於 13-3-6 20:52 |顯示全部帖子
Does anyone know what happens to those who purchased CIS debentures for 6 or 7 million a few years ago? If they can only redeemed it to the school, what a big loss? Would the same happen to ISF one day? i.e. if it becomes equally successful.

3#
發表於 13-3-6 21:57 |顯示全部帖子
回復 HKTHK 的帖子

Oh, what a shock to those holders, facing losses in millions. The worry is, if you purchase ISF notes now for 5 million and the par value of that batch was say the earlier ones at 3m, 1.6m or even those below 1 m, if ISF does so well in future like CIS, it may do the same thing and the millions are gone. No appeal as the terms do allow the school to do so. If ISF disappoints, its market value will drop or even disappear.

So, i guess this is not really an investment per se, it is game for the really rich, those who consider 5m a spare change. If 5m is something to you, just don't buy it.

4#
發表於 13-3-6 22:02 |顯示全部帖子
回復 Shrimpiggy 的帖子

It is not easy to say whether something is worth it or not. Sometimes, precious commodities (ISF notes being the only one tradable, and with most still held by those with kids at school, supply is limited) command whatever price the buyer is willing to pay. That's why taxi licence can be sold for 7m!!!

I heard even in the heydays, not more than 2 or 3 CIS debentures were traded a year. I guess this is just not a game for people like us. With such thin trading, and i doubt if any isf notes had ever being traded at 5m, the so called market price is not very meaningful.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題