用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 特殊教育 25 mths old boy, speech delay 6 mths! is it really n ...
發新帖
樓主: LITTLESPICY
go

[聽/語障] 25 mths old boy, speech delay 6 mths! is it really need the special training? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-2-4 23:12 |顯示全部帖子 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
the special training at least $600-$700/lesson, 4 lesson per months means 3K per month!!!  Is it really need this?
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-2-7 00:13 |顯示全部帖子
thanks for your advise! but why??? i saw some blog and articles said, better to have the therapy.... and don't miss the golden time!  would you please explain to me? i am stuggling now, thanks!

原帖由 jellomama 於 10-2-5 22:18 發表
If you mean speech therapy, I don't think it is necessary at this young age.

3#
發表於 10-2-8 14:32 |顯示全部帖子
Million thanks for your advise.
Beside blow bubbles, what else I can practice wit him? Appreciated that if you could give me more advise on skills & technique how to train him, thanks!

原帖由 jellomama 於 10-2-8 01:07 發表
Your child is only 25 months old. My "personal opinion" is that it is somewhat too young to understand the things being thought. I think I would wait for another few months. A ST session is not cheap. ...

4#
發表於 10-2-20 22:34 |顯示全部帖子
hi, 你上左幾耐堂見有效呀?
我現在在家迫佢, 佢都開始講多左字, 都係一個個字講. 唔係詞. 佢有要求會拖我隻手, 唔會叫我....
真係想知道要幾時佢先可以好似普通小朋友咁認對!!!

原帖由 josephinehi 於 10-2-19 15:01 發表

我個仔和你個仔一樣情況,我就給他做special training, 一個星期一堂, 約$500一堂, 都有用, 我陪個仔上堂,所學的training skills, 我係屋和他一起玩, 所以現在可以回答我一少部份的應對,而我和他說中文,和鼓勵他說 ...

5#
發表於 10-2-25 00:09 |顯示全部帖子
今日再一次做評估, 話佢delay 6mths. 下星期開始上堂, 希望佢快的講野啦!
不過我要加埋行為冶療, 因為佢都有呢個問題, 相管齊下會怏的...希望係啦!

原帖由 josephinehi 於 10-2-24 10:47 發表

已有二個月了,日你給他鼓勵,最緊要你給他的愛

6#
發表於 10-3-1 22:12 |顯示全部帖子
million thanks for your advise.  Yes, we are also doing some training at home for him, not yet attend the 1st training coz he was sick (miss the class).

We lead him to speak since we know he has this issue (for a month) and we already see the his improvment, it is very encouraging us. we will keep doing this and hopefully he can speech as a normal kid very soon!!!!

原帖由 lottieclee 於 10-3-1 10:16 發表

If your child is over 2 years old and the ST said he is 6-months delay... you'd better start ST early.  The earlier it is, the quicker the child catch up.  Your goal is to have him catch up so he do ...

7#
發表於 10-3-1 22:15 |顯示全部帖子
thanks for the advise.
we will also monitor see whether he has other development delay but seems he is okay, only needs to have some 行為冶療 which can speed up the speech ability, said by the speech therapist.  

原帖由 SpeechTherapist 於 10-3-1 14:28 發表
要努力! 如小朋友大約 2 歲 而 delay 6 mths 即有1歲半語言能力,應該有單字表達能力,請多運用簡單手勢 如 指東西,有助增強小朋友的詞彙命名能力,儲夠字好快會講到好多o野!
我見到好多小朋友的家長努力進行言語治療師的練 ...

8#
發表於 10-3-4 21:43 |顯示全部帖子
thanks for your advise.  But my son only 26 mths old, what kind of table tasks that you can advise for me????

i want to ask one question, i saw many mum said ... 佢初初唔肯講野, 有一日佢會"pang pang" 聲講唔停, 是真的嗎? 會唔會出現在speech dealy的小朋友身上.

真係好想知我個仔需要幾耐ST先可以好似普通小朋友咁. 因為ST都幾貴, 好驚長時間afford唔起, 有什麼advise? thanks!

原帖由 SpeechTherapist 於 10-3-4 15:06 發表
I can tell all of my speech delayed cases have 行為問題, I suggest mothers to keep your children at least 5-15 minutes table tasks everyday. Once they started to maintain their staying over the seats, ...

9#
發表於 10-3-8 14:06 |顯示全部帖子
million thanks for your reply and advise!!!
it's great help to me!

原帖由 SpeechTherapist 於 10-3-8 10:24 發表
Refering to the question, 幾耐ST先可以好似普通小朋友咁

I cannot tell with specific time period because I have not seen your child. But we really have to confirm whether your child has other confoundi ...

10#
發表於 10-3-8 22:37 |顯示全部帖子
Sorry one more question!
我地現在全部用廣東話同呀仔講野, 只係姐姐有時英有時中, 因為佢唔能夠全英/全中. 不過姐姐會在月中走喇, 新的姐姐只會講中文.

我地一向都有比英文DVD佢睇(not more than 30 mins everyday), 因為要kill time. 我想問可唔可以比佢睇定唔再比佢睇?

thanks!  

原帖由 SpeechTherapist 於 10-3-8 10:24 發表
Refering to the question, 幾耐ST先可以好似普通小朋友咁

I cannot tell with specific time period because I have not seen your child. But we really have to confirm whether your child has other confoundi ...

11#
發表於 10-3-11 22:24 |顯示全部帖子
million thanks!
i want to read the article, please send the link to me.

we have attended the first training on Monday, our speech therapist surprised that my son has a great improvement since he saw him 2 weeks ago.  Because my husband and I force him to talk and play some table task as you taught us.  We will continue to do so and do the assignment (table task) everyday around 30 mins and hope that he can speak ASAP.

Re watching TV/DVD, we do not have Cantonese DVD and we still play the Eng. DVD to him (less then 30 mins) everyday.  In the afternoon, my mum will watch news (Cantonese) and my son will sit next to her to watch.  I think it is okay as he can listen more Cantonese, am i right.  And sometimes, my mum will give him to watch Catonese Cartoon... i don't know it is good or not????

my son loves to read books, he likes to point out the object and the words and request me to read it out.  In fact, he can sit for 15 mins to ask me to read the book to him, repeat repeat and repeat, but all in Eng. when i read in Chinese, he will go away.  What do you think?  

Thanks for your sharing and great help!
原帖由 SpeechTherapist 於 10-3-11 12:07 發表
Do feel free to asking question. I love sharing with parents.

Actually I have writted an article about this DVD/TV watching. (let me know if you want the link of the articles).

I understand you h ...

12#
發表於 10-3-16 00:37 |顯示全部帖子
we just attended the behaviour therapy tonight, the therapist said my son is quite 心急, 自我, 有的固執. need to observe him more before diagnosis he has 固執行為.

i search the website tonigth and found that speech dealy + 固執行為 can be autism, is that right?

but i recalled the 兒科醫生from the health centre said that he just has speech delay but not autism otherwise she will refer me to do the assessment in Gov. evaluation centre.

my speech therapist are also said that he didn't think he is autism but need to observe longer.

how can I help my son to improve his behaviour? in fact, his performance tonight at the centre is totally different from home such as i asked him to clean up, he will do it but tonight, he didn't do it and cry a lot.  the therapy asked him to give me a ball, he didn't do it. but he will do it at home .... what do you think? pls give me your professional advise, i am too hurry, thanks!

原帖由 SpeechTherapist 於 10-3-4 15:06 發表
I can tell all of my speech delayed cases have 行為問題, I suggest mothers to keep your children at least 5-15 minutes table tasks everyday. Once they started to maintain their staying over the seats, ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題