搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 2013 IB Results Reporting Thread
樓主: HKTHK
go

2013 IB Results Reporting Thread   [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 13-7-27 21:52 |顯示全部帖子
回復 bobbycheung 的帖子

You are exactly right.  While I started this thread and think the scores are "interesting", at the end of the day, just look at the one in front of you and time their speed.  Nothing else really matters.  If they are bright and hard-working, they will do well in most schools.  If they are dumb and lazy, it doesn't really matter which school they go to.
今日佳句: 我以往也以為國際板的家長也有質素,但現在才知deal with 一些麻煩家長也不易!  

42#
發表於 13-8-18 21:48 |顯示全部帖子
回復 foolish.mom 的帖子

Thank you.  I just updated the table on page 1 with the CIS results

43#
發表於 13-8-18 23:23 |顯示全部帖子
Table updated again to show results for Carmel School and KGV.

Schools still missing info (based on IBO website list of DP qualified schools in HK) are:

Australian International School
Discovery College (unclear if there is a graduating class)
HK Academy
ICHK  (unclear if there is a graduating class)
Island School
KCC IS
CKY

44#
發表於 13-8-20 22:15 |顯示全部帖子
An IGCSE results comparison table here for those interested

http://www.edu-kingdom.com/home. ... ;do=blog&id=767

You will have to make your own interpretations about how CKY did.  On the surface, looks similar to ESF.

點評

Hihiha  It seems to be a comparison of last year's (2012) IGCSE results, not this year's.  CKY says its results in IGCSE this year are better than last year's.  Is it true?  發表於 13-8-21 22:12

45#
發表於 13-8-20 22:25 |顯示全部帖子
回復 ckwliu 的帖子

I have no view on CKY since I have never looked into the school.  I do think more students going to LPC is a good thing.  An indication of the quality of the students.  LPC may not be for all students but it certainly stands head and shoulder above the other schools.

46#
發表於 13-9-18 18:15 |顯示全部帖子
回復 daisychan 的帖子

Thanks, will upload later when free.  Good catch!  I actually checked one or two days ago and it wasn't there yet!

47#
發表於 13-10-5 01:05 |顯示全部帖子
回復 daisychan 的帖子

Table on page 1 updated to show LPCUWC results

48#
發表於 13-12-10 13:26 |顯示全部帖子
Table on page 1 updated to show CKY results

49#
發表於 13-12-11 10:21 |顯示全部帖子
Is 31.2 a good result?  Clearly not.  Although several schools don't disclose their results, CKY probably has the lowest score in HK.  But this is their first year.  I would give the school the benefit of the doubt and am sure they will improve from there.  As for the reason for the low score in its first year, does it matter?

50#
發表於 13-12-11 14:37 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 112200 的帖子

I thought 31.2 was the first year result. Why is it it's second?
IGCSE followed by IBDP is very common at other schools like ESF, GSIS, SIS, ..... Why is this an experiment?  I always thought the choice is between MYP and IGCSE and that MYP is the more 活動教學。

點評

annie40  Experiment??? Can I scream loud on behalf of all those 14 IB students????? Nightmare!!!!  發表於 13-12-11 15:34

51#
發表於 13-12-11 20:15 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 poonseelai 的帖子

This is a bad idea IMHO.  Too demanding for some students especially if they have other interest.  From their website, it does look like they offer language B though?

52#
發表於 13-12-11 22:59 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 bobbycheung 的帖子

Of course one can still get a bilingual diploma with Chinese A and English B.  They qualify under the second criteria since the Group 3 or 4 subject will be in English.  

53#
發表於 13-12-11 23:28 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 bobbycheung 的帖子

That IS how they are qualifying!    

Group 1: Chinese A
Group 2: English B
Group 3 or 4: take the test in English since that is not Chinese!

54#
發表於 13-12-11 23:41 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 bobbycheung 的帖子

Sigh, maybe you should look into the subject more before making a recommendation?

點評

bobbycheung  Please elaborate.  發表於 13-12-11 23:51

55#
發表於 13-12-12 09:21 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 112200 的帖子

I still don't understand in what sense is this an experiment.  Looking at its curriculum, it doesn't seem all that different from some of the other schools that take IGCSE and then IB DP.  And if leisurely school life is the issue, I would imagine MYP is more leisurely.  MYP is inquiry based learning whereas IGCSE is studying for a particular exam?

56#
發表於 13-12-12 11:04 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 ckwliu 的帖子

I sense that 112200 is a parent at CKY and a frustrated one as well.  I have never met the headmistress so can't comment on her doings.  As a neutral observer, I am just trying to point out that while the "hype" is great around the school being "different" and how it is the "new" way of education, that is just marketing.  Fact is in HK, there are a number of schools that are similar whether from a bilingual language, IGCSE + IBDP, inquiry/leisurely learning, …. point of view.  There are plenty of teaching/administrative talents around to guide a school such as this and also to fix any teaching issues.  Maybe this is why I am more sanguine about its future results since many of these "issues" are fixable?

57#
發表於 13-12-12 11:06 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 bobbycheung 的帖子

bobby, please go back and reread this thread.  I think it was here that we discussed the bilingual diploma extensively and I think most, if not all, of us have a good understanding of how it can be achieved, what has changed and what it really means to have a BD.  Unless you get caught up, it is very difficult to have a discussion since you are missing some of the background information.

58#
發表於 13-12-12 12:45 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 ckwliu 的帖子

Just by the way they disclose the IB results, it seems to have hit the senior management pretty hard and I can't imagine they don't think there is a problem!  If they still don't think there is a problem with the lowest score in HK, then I am sure a couple more years of this will be a loud wakeup call.  Of course, in this case, there will be lots of departure before IB DP and that would be the smart thing for parents to do.
Salary is indeed a big concern.  There are so many IB DP programs in HK competing for qualified teachers now!  Clearly the best teachers will go for more prestigious schools, they will have to find a good value proposition quickly.

59#
發表於 13-12-12 12:49 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 112200 的帖子

I see, the picture book teaching in Primary School is experimental indeed.  But that seems to be more a primary school issue?  Seems like the problem is they haven't quite figured out is how to transition from primary into IGCSE?  I have only tried to compare their IGCSE score on a preliminary basis and my recollection was that it was OK but not as good as their marketing made it out to be.

60#
發表於 13-12-12 12:51 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 112200 的帖子

Indeed, switching is quite common especially to the few prestigious school.  On the flip side, also makes one wonder how much of the prestigious schools' good results are their work as opposed to just taking in good students who will do well anywhere.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題