搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 CTY summer 2013
發新帖
查看: 3270|回覆: 6
go

CTY summer 2013 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-8-4 17:57 |顯示全部帖子 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
今年阿女參加physics course後對我說,原來很多學生無Facebook,iphone同tumbler,他們很聰明,不用溫書(因為每天都在讀書)。我覺得她的observation and insight 好好,知道不同的人有不同的生活。無一般人有的工具可以使他們很專心學習。生活方式是不同人有不同的選擇,不要羡慕他們,過自己想過的生活。上CTY不是學了很多physic,但得益不少。
   4    0    0    0

2#
發表於 13-8-4 20:10 |顯示全部帖子
回復 Radiomama 的帖子

In HK, grade 8, non-residential.

3#
發表於 13-8-4 21:18 |顯示全部帖子
回復 Radiomama 的帖子

The summer programme is very challenging for physics. But other programmes are all right. My son enjoyed Robotic very much. The advantage of CTY is that it is not limited by age. The experience of advanced level and extremely talented students are 'eye opening'.

4#
發表於 13-8-5 09:46 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 Choisumwong 於 13-8-5 11:46 編輯

回復 nintendo 的帖子

My daughter does not like the facility in HKUST  especially the toilets which are quiet dirty.

5#
發表於 13-8-5 17:31 |顯示全部帖子
回復 friendlyguy 的帖子

Students are mixture of international students, local elite students and Asian students. Most are Chinese. A few mainland Chinese who speak English.

6#
發表於 13-8-5 17:50 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 Choisumwong 於 13-8-5 19:03 編輯

回復 nintendo 的帖子

My daughter actually judges the standard of toilets in HKUST. She is adapted to the standard used in Japan and UK. In Oxford/Cambridge or her boarding school , toilets are very old, but very clean. She had experience of joining programmes in HKUST for past few years. On first one or two years, the toilets were clean. However the toilets were not satisfactory in recent years. If you have a chance to talk to international students (from UK/America), you will find similar impression--HKUST is becoming more Chinese. Most of students/staffs speak Cantonese/Mandarin in campus     English is only class medium.

7#
發表於 13-8-5 22:28 |顯示全部帖子
回復 Radiomama 的帖子

I like the advaned challenge to my kids and friends made during the programme. Like physics it is taught in AP level while my daughter is grade 8 level. My daughter told me some younger students were very bright (never imagine before) although she admitted physics was her weakest subject. Most of her friends made have no facebook, iphone, computer games etc !!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題