搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Painting it RED in LS
發新帖
樓主: jolalee
go

Painting it RED in LS [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 15-3-12 03:15 |顯示全部帖子
"中國中國是我的家" <-- those who sing this with a genuine heart can't be too happy in Hongkong, because Hongkong is (still) so different from China and therefore so unlike home.

"中國中國是我的媽媽" <-- those who sing this probably should get rid of his/her biological mother

2#
發表於 15-3-12 20:20 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 FattyDaddy 於 15-3-12 20:22 編輯
shadeslayer 發表於 15-3-12 12:20
Different provinces in China are very different in terms of life style and culture. ...

This is valid, but then there are major and minor differences, and it is quite obvious that the differences between provinces within China are minor and that between Hongkong and China are major, perhaps similar to the differences between Singapore and China, that is why China students could feel very homesick in HK, and vice versa is also true.

Anyway, the extent of the differences and whether (to a native speaker) "motherland/fatherland" means the same as "mother/father" is all academic, the important point is what our friend jolalee had said earlier, if most HK parents aren't spooked by it, people like jolalee and I are glad indeed :)

3#
發表於 15-3-12 20:34 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 FattyDaddy 於 15-3-12 20:35 編輯
FattyDaddy 發表於 15-3-12 20:20
people like jolalee and I are glad indeed ...

On second thought, may be we should not be glad so soon, many Hongkongers are becoming wiser and picking up the behaviour of their cousins up North, 咀里說不, 身體卻很誠實, one only needs to look at where China-HK government officials and DAB party members are sending their children to study.

4#
發表於 15-3-12 21:23 |顯示全部帖子
shadeslayer 發表於 15-3-12 21:03
about China being the motherland ...
It is China being the mother, not motherland, the difference may be subtle, especially to non-native speakers.

Brits may sing "God save the queen", or "rule Britannia", but never "the queen is my mother" or "Britannia my mother" :)

5#
發表於 15-3-12 23:18 |顯示全部帖子
shadeslayer 發表於 15-3-12 21:35
But I don't hate "China" because we have differences and I don't deny my roots ...
You're reading too much into other people's posts, saying loving a person (mother) should not be mixed up with loving a place (motherland) is not suggesting anyone should hate anywhere or deny anything :)

6#
發表於 15-3-13 16:37 |顯示全部帖子
shadeslayer 發表於 15-3-13 15:17
and China is my mother IS a problem ...
Well, I do think it is a problem to suggest a place is your mother, metaphorically or otherwise. To adults like us it may be purely a metaphor, but to primary school children? If we think it is OK to say "XXX is your mother", we're on the slippery slope to 爹親娘親不如XXX親

However, like I said before, if most HK parents are not spooked by this, that is in fact good news for people like me and some others :)

7#
發表於 15-3-13 21:20 |顯示全部帖子
shadeslayer 發表於 15-3-13 19:43
This is purely your imagination
Oh it was dead real in China not that long ago, and Hongkong was narrowly spared.

點評

Mighty  Well said !!  發表於 15-3-13 21:27

8#
發表於 15-3-13 23:43 |顯示全部帖子
shadeslayer 發表於 15-3-13 22:43
If you knew they actually ask the kids to sing 「爹親娘親不及XXX親」,tell me and I will go to the streets with you tomorrow. ...
I don't think you understood what I wrote, which was ... "If we think it is OK to say "XXX is your mother", we're on the slippery slope to 爹親娘親不如XXX親".

That means we're not at the stage of "爹親娘親不如XXX親" today, but if we think nothing of "XXX is your mother", it will be easy to slip towards that end. You don't have to agree, but that is hardly my imagination, because we saw it happened for real in China not that long ago, they didn't start with "爹親娘親不如XXX親" from day 1 either.

It seems you are back to your bickering old self again, so I'm going to stop here since I've said more or less all I wanted to say on this topic.

9#
發表於 15-3-14 00:00 |顯示全部帖子
shadeslayer 發表於 15-3-13 23:55
I mean "that" happening in a HK school is your imagination ...
Nope, because it happened for real in China not that long ago, and judging from the direction in which HK is going, it is entirely possible for it to happen in HK.

Of course, you can brand any kind of inferencing as imagination because there is no certainty that it will or will not happen, that is what I call bickering.

10#
發表於 15-3-15 03:48 |顯示全部帖子
shadeslayer 發表於 15-3-15 02:09
There is one kind of loving a country that is beyond the current ruling parties, beyond the corrupti ...
Yawn, you're repeating yourself, what other people are saying is, no matter how much you love that place, it is NOT the same kind of love as loving a person, especially your mother. You are missing the point totally.

11#
發表於 15-3-15 13:20 |顯示全部帖子
shadeslayer 發表於 15-3-15 12:48
you repeatedly pointed out something "you" regard as repeats
Hmm, I regard? So you don't think you're repeating?

Fine, dwell on it then :)

‹ 上一主題|下一主題