教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Give up KV or SC?
發新帖
查看: 4281|回覆: 3
go

Give up KV or SC? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-12-16 19:23 |顯示全部帖子 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Give up KV (am) or SC (am)
any parents have just made that tough decision?

can you share with me how you made the decision? what are the most critical factors?

my own problem is that I share different views with my husband - I like SC and he prefers KV.

My reasons - good Eng; better choice if your dream school is DBS; kids are relatively smart and creative.

His reasons (and agree as well) - good academic foundation; kids are disciplined; do their homeworks by their own; like reading books.

I have paid the registration fees for both school and want to release one asap for those in the waiting list.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-12-16 22:13 |顯示全部帖子
Yes, the major problem is that my husband and I couldn't reach a consensus! really headache! I should re-phrase my question - how (what is the best way) to negotiate with my husban and come to an agreement (but I know it's difficult, if not impossible! haha ....)

I understand that parents of the two schools would definitely say good things about the schools their kids are attending. In fact, all my friends did! Each of them persuaded me to opt for the school his/her kids're attending.

But surely, all should know that both are v. good schools - just with different emphasis.

原帖由 小曳人 於 09-12-16 21:08 發表
真係好睇小朋友性格, 同埋你buy邊套.. 最煩係你兩公婆傾唔掂數啫~
我個人覺得: KV係一間extreme d嘅學校,  但係上傳統小學好需要自己做功課呢種訓練, 我唔揀係因為怕小朋友失去某d特質 e.g. creativity; SC嘅小朋友 ...

3#
發表於 09-12-16 22:19 |顯示全部帖子
by the way - my son's now attending an international school. He's active and out-going, but a bit spoilt (by 'che che ' and grandparents).

Nearly all of my friends said that he's more suitable to study at St. Cat; probably because their activity-based teaching method is similar to what he used to.

And I brought him to the school at the registration date and he likes the school very much! But he hasn't got a chance to visit KV's campus, so I can't really make the decision based on that.

headache... headache and headache...

原帖由 kittynmelody 於 09-12-16 22:13 發表
Yes, the major problem is that my husband and I couldn't reach a consensus! really headache! I should re-phrase my question - how (what is the best way) to negotiate with my husban and come to an agre ...

4#
發表於 09-12-16 23:44 |顯示全部帖子
thanks for all your sharings. I applied both coz both are very competitive and hoped that one of them could accept my son.

I will try my best to persuade my husband - I personally think that SC is more suitable for my son. Definitely want to release the place asap.

babe725, my friend also needs to make a decision between SC or GH (and pending for SP's interview in Feb). She also thinks that it's v difficult to make a decision.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題