密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 St. Cat pre-nursery?
樓主: an~gel
go

St. Cat pre-nursery? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 11-8-18 00:21 |顯示全部帖子
I think PE uniform is required for outing, sports day, etc.  But maybe one set will be enough and they need not to wear PE uniform on consecutive days.  You know, kids just grow so fast, and there will be only 2-3 mths summer day left before winter comes.
原帖由 lingling06 於 11-8-18 00:04 發表
Not sure whether the PE uniform is required for PN as they don't have outdoor playground in HH campus.   As for the sweater, we need to put it in the school bag everyday.   Teachers will help students ...

22#
發表於 11-8-18 01:42 |顯示全部帖子
Yes, I confirmed with Mr Wong already.  He is the organizer of a bus line from Taipo, Shatin, Kowloon Tong to SC(HH).  Have you got your nanny bus arrangement?  If not, you may try to contact Mr Wong.  Let me know if you need and I can pm you.  However, I'm not sure if it's full already.

原帖由 lingling06 於 11-8-18 00:25 發表
Outing...yes then I think one set should be enough.  

Btw, Winfred, have u confirmed taking the nanny bus?

23#
發表於 11-8-18 22:46 |顯示全部帖子
Sorry, bigboss, saw your message below this even but don't know what's wrong with my phone as I couldn't open the pm properly.
Thanks for lingling06 forwarding the info to bigboss.
did you both manage to contact with Mr wong?  Any space left?
原帖由 lingling06 於 11-8-18 22:14 發表
Big boss,
Pls check pm.

24#
發表於 11-8-20 18:48 |顯示全部帖子
The teacher didn't mention. Just wear the pair you have. If there is a problem, the teacher will let you know.
Btw, did anyone ask again if PN students will be gauranteed a seat at K1? Just want to make sure. I did ask for K2 at Kowloon Tong, and the teacher said yes.

25#
發表於 11-8-21 11:45 |顯示全部帖子
It will be a very good news if all PN students can have priority to be promoted to K1 Kln tong campus, as there will be lot more outdoor playground and choice of nanny buses. I support very much this idea and we as parents of their PN students should reflect this to the school as early as possible.

原帖由 simsimwong 於 11-8-21 10:00 發表
yes, same as u! the reception asked me if i would like to join kln tong k1, and i answer yes..and later on, i talk with one staff inside, that staff tell me that maybe all of us (pre-N) will change to ...

26#
發表於 11-8-21 13:50 |顯示全部帖子
Black shoes for white uniform.

27#
發表於 11-8-22 18:08 |顯示全部帖子
Hi all mommies,
I called up the school and asked about this issue. The staff said that the school had not yet determined if PN students could have priority to promote to K1 in Kln Tong campuses.
I think if we all PN parents can get together and express our interest to school, we hope that this will really happen eventually.  Just wonder how we (PN parents) should proceed with this.  Should we get together and co-sign a letter to St Cat to express our wish?  I can prepare a draft letter for you all.  Any thoughts?

原帖由 dada1113 於 11-8-21 12:44 發表
We were not asked this question during registration....
But if the school is really considering this, it would be GREAT!!!
Will the school do an official survey to get more feedback?? Or shoul ...

28#
發表於 11-8-22 23:22 |顯示全部帖子
Hi coty_leung,
I sent the info to your yahoo email address.  Pls check.

原帖由 cotyleung 於 11-8-22 22:28 發表
Hi, I've just received the call from SC.  I will register for my son tomorrow.  I am now worried about the school bus.  Can you also send me the contact of Mr. Wong or other school bus company?  You c ...

29#
發表於 11-8-25 00:21 |顯示全部帖子
It's alright.  If he doesn't want to wear, just let him wear his clothes back to school.  But you'll bring his uniform with you tomorrow.  When he sees other kids wearing uniform, he'll like to follow.  Don't worry.
Try not to make his first day of school too stressful.  He may need sometime to observe the new people and new environment.  As soon as he feels comfortable with his surrounding, he'll be fine and would like to follow teacher's instruction and play with others.
原帖由 Karie 於 11-8-24 23:57 發表
各位聽日見啦!

我而家擔心緊個仔唔肯著校服呢個問題?我第一日買返黎叫佢試穿,一穿已經叫救命喊晒要除,聽日唔知要搏鬥幾耐先出到門囉@@

30#
發表於 11-8-25 00:29 |顯示全部帖子
Hi yokiping,
We hope that we really made a right choice for our kids.
The reason that I chose SC is that two of my nephews used to study in SC.  Both of them said that they enjoyed a lot their school life in SC.  Although the recent arrangement for their newly established nusery school is a bit out of everyone's expectation, I trust the school would still provide its quality education to its students given its long history and good reputation for these many years.
If it really turns out to be a disappointment (I really hope not), we still have time to find a better one, don't we?  At the end, education is not only the responsibility for teachers and schools, we as parents should take up a major part of it.  
See you all tomorrow.

原帖由 yokiping 於 11-8-23 17:46 發表
Nice to meet u all....
I am glad that my son will attend PN am class. My son is 08/2009
Winifred, I will also support u if u do so.
We withdraw another school and chose SC. Surely believe it's the be ...

31#
發表於 11-8-25 12:54 |顯示全部帖子
Ok, but helper has to stay outside the classroom.

原帖由 marcoli8 於 11-8-25 11:51 發表

請問可否2位家長陪同?
因我返下午section!
Thx~

32#
發表於 11-8-25 18:15 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Karie and lingling06,
My son is Owen and also in P-Seahorse, Group A, am session.
Our class teacher is Ms Nancy Lee and NET is Ms Katie.

原帖由 Karie 於 11-8-25 18:01 發表
我都係first session喎!

我個仔叫Karson,不過聽日我陪唔到佢,要由婆婆帶。

33#
發表於 11-8-25 18:37 |顯示全部帖子
Sorry that I can't remember all the kids' names.  Let's meet again tmw.

原帖由 lingling06 於 11-8-25 18:28 發表
Yes, our class teacher is Ms. Lee and the net is Ms. Katie.
My boy is Chun Kwan.  Hope that we can have a chance to chat tomorrow.

[ 本帖最後由 winifred102 於 11-8-25 18:39 編輯 ]

34#
發表於 11-8-26 00:07 |顯示全部帖子
1. Fill in the first page og student handbook.  Need to bring the student handbook at the beginning of a week.
2. For the 12 nos passport size photos, need not to bring tomorrow, but better next week.  Can wear casual wear or uniform when taking the passport-size photo (but should not wear other schools' uniform).
3. Put a photo of kid in the transparent bag at the front of school bag.  This is for the kid to identify his/her own school bag.

原帖由 lingling06 於 11-8-25 23:52 發表
Thanks.  How about the handbook?

35#
發表於 11-9-1 18:54 |顯示全部帖子

回復 4# lingling06 的帖子

Agreed.
By the way, is your son in Seahorse also?

36#
發表於 11-9-1 19:13 |顯示全部帖子
Hi LaamPapa,
Could you pls PM me the contact of your nanny bus.

Dear all mommies,
Not sure if your kids are riding nanny bus to school.  This morning, my son went to school by nanny bus.  Not talking about the condition of the bus, I did notice a situation.

According to the caretaker of the nanny bus, there was no waiting/parking area outside the entrance of the lift lobby at ground floor downstairs of the school.  Therefore, one caretaker has to take all the kids upstairs to school, whilst the driver need to drive the bus to somewhere and wait.  Since today was the first day of school, there was already one more care-taker to help out taking care of the kids.  There were altogether 6 kids this morning with the two of them.  But they found already quite hardly to control, especially at the beginning, most of the kids were crying all the way from home to school.  When they arrived school, the teachers there told the care-taker of the nanny bus to take the 6 kids to each of their individual classroom.  They questioned why there were no helpers from school to take kids from nanny bus to the classrooms instead.  

This is my first experience having my son to ride school bus.  Any mommies had any experience on this?  I'm not sure what the care-taker told me is valid or not.  If yes, should we as parents talk to the school and seek for their help??  This is quite important as this relates to the safety of our children.  I can imagine the difficulties that the caretaker had this morning.  The lift lobby at G/F of the school is quite small and cannot accommodate that many people.  If there are a few of nanny buses arriving school at the same time, there will be a long queue waiting for the lift.  Also, the lift is very slow that will make the queuing time even longer.  Situation will be even worse during rainy days.

I was told that other schools usually have nannies at the main entrance to receive kids from nanny buses and bring them to the classrooms.Do you think we should reflect this to school?

原帖由 LaamPaPa 於 11-8-31 20:37 發表
Hi all,
We are organizing a nanny bus route (for morning class) from Hammer Hill road > Diamond Hill -> San Po Kong > Kowloon City > HH St. Catherine. (there are already 6 people joined)
If you are in ...

37#
發表於 11-9-1 23:11 |顯示全部帖子
Hi babe725,
My son is in Seahorse class too.  What's your daughter's name or does she use another English name in class?  Sorry that I may not be able to recognize all the kids' names.
I guess the two adults (a man and a woman in 50's) were the caretakers of my nanny bus.  They were late this morning and arrived school around 9:15am.

Not sure whether it's because they were late, all the EE from school went back to school already, if
there were EE's provided by school as other schools do.

原帖由 babe725 於 11-9-1 22:11 發表
My daughter is in PSeahorse class.  Today, after 9 o'clock, when I was waiting outside the school, I noticed that there were 2 adults taking 5 or 6 (I can't remember the exact nos) students to school.

38#
發表於 11-9-1 23:15 |顯示全部帖子
Hi lingling06,
Does your boy have other English name used in class?  Is it Micky?  Sorry that I may not be able to remember all the kids' names.
I will try few more days for the nanny bus.  If it doesn't work, i may have to find another one.

原帖由 lingling06 於 11-9-1 20:53 發表
Yes, my boy is in Seahorse too.  Besides, we join the same nanny bus.  Luckily, we didn't wait for the bus this morning as the traveling time quoted by them is not realistic.  I brought my boy to scho ...

39#
發表於 11-9-2 00:35 |顯示全部帖子
Did you mean the contact being Mr Wong and the driver being Mr Kwong?
If yes, I'm having the same here too.
Agree that we may discuss with the school and see if they can help.
In fact, the principal also mentioned that they would help on the school bus service although they have had no solid plan yet.
Maybe, let's talk to them on 3 Sept.

原帖由 JLM1 於 11-9-2 00:17 發表
Dear winfred & lingling,

May I ask if you're joining Mr Wong's route? I'm one of the parent.

I truely understand the worries that you mentioned.

But, I think the nanny bus company has tried their b ...

40#
發表於 11-9-2 19:21 |顯示全部帖子
Hi JLM1,
Did you see a yellow 12-seat small scale nanny bus?  That's the nanny bus of me and lingling06.
It's good to hear that the bus was running smoothly this morning.

It's good that we mommies and daddies here can help each other.  Sometimes, it's difficult for us as working mom's who may not be able to follow up with daily issues at school.  Thanks very much for your help and really appreciate it.  

For the security issue, I'm not sure how other schools handle this.  Maybe different schools have different procedures.  We may raise this to the school.  My son used to attend PN in other school before.  They also had similar arrangement as in St Cat.  So, I'm not too sure if this is the norm.

BTW, some mommies asked about whether we (SC PN) should set up a group on facebook and a group chat on whatapp.  If you parents are interested, pls pm me your phone number and email address.

原帖由 JLM1 於 11-9-2 18:03 發表
Dear Yokiping,Winifred & lingling,

I've observed the nanny bus arrival this morning. Seems ok.

I agree the security issue you raised. Let's meet in parents' meeting tommorrow &  discuss.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題