教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 SKH's interview (Central)
發新帖
樓主: zigzag
go

SKH's interview (Central) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-11-7 00:37 |顯示全部帖子

Re: SKH's interview (Central)

I am totally dispointed by this Central SKH school.  Actually, I was brought up by SKH and I attend church in SKH.

I attend the interview on Sat morning at around 9:00 am but the teacher is NOT OK.  A little bit 串,  We were in the top floor with two senior teachers.  When I played with my daughter, the teacher came and asked her what's her name.  My daughter of course with no response when she was concentrating with her toys.  I asked my daughter in English "What's your name?" again.

The teacher seems not very happy and asked who take care of my daughter at home.  I replied my indo maid.   I explained to her why I'm speaking English with my daughter and the teacher asked me "Do you know that this school is using Chinese as its media of teaching?"  Stupid question!  Of course I know.  

This teacher is a little bit rude and not helpful at all.  From my experience:
- poor management (obtain application form in person from school on one fixed day)
- waste of my time on queing and form filing at school
- old decor and not enough toys
- stubborn
- not informative and transparent

I have discussed with my husband and will fade out this school from my preference list.

2#
發表於 06-11-7 20:02 |顯示全部帖子

But my kid was in 4th floor the 2nd classroom and the teachers are very different and cool.   

3#
發表於 06-11-7 20:17 |顯示全部帖子

To me, if they accept my girl to AM, I still say "NO".  They is not the type of KG that I want my girl to spend her 3 years with.  

The teacher I came across when I handed in my application form is nice and young.  But the one who interviewed my girl is old (near 45 yr old).

My college teacher told me that her girl was accepted by SKH and SPC but she picked SPC coz SHK changed headmaster and fired those senior teachers to save cost.  

They got so many application and students, why don't they improve the enviroment and toys of the school?

They are not transparent and I don't think lots of their students went to St. Paul Co-edu.  At least, my brother and my brother-in-law from St. Paul Co-edu did not came from SKH.

Even me from St. Stephen Girls' not from SKH.  Therefore, if you have time, spend more time to teach your kids at home rather than to rely on KG teachers for only 3 hours a day to teach your kids.

Am I right?

4#
發表於 06-11-8 00:51 |顯示全部帖子

Totally agree with the comments from the parents who loves their kids and don't want to put them in risk.

This school may be reputable 1x years ago but now, I doubt!  It even do not give much indication to the parents that its P1 allocation.  Most KG do, you can take a look at SPC.  Do they want to hide away something?

A happy and fun loving childhood is very important.  I observed my daughter when doing the interview and I trust the 3rd sense from my daughter.

I did not say this school is totally a crap but surely this school do not match my and my daughter expecation.  Waste of my time to do the form filling and interview.  Time is precious to us.  Sorry to say this school FAIL.

5#
發表於 06-11-20 17:20 |顯示全部帖子

Eastchee, no need to be so angry.  Whether your son will get a good primary and secondary school is important.  

I don't like SKH after I attended the interview (but the teacher was nice when I hand in the application form)  but when all the other mums told you that this school is reputable and have large chance to go into a band 1 school (no evidence to certify this is true), then what is your choice when you accepted by this KG?

This is a kind of 15 & 16 choice.  All those mum who are in the waiting list may not be so worry because I think some may drop their offer, I will be the one of them (pm class).

6#
發表於 06-11-27 10:33 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Keilocl

Are u Charles' mum?
keilocl 寫道:
Hi Cecilia,

Yes, my boy is on the waiting list of SKH (am). Actually he has been accepted by St Paul's Church (am) and I and my husband do love that school too.

I like both SKH and SPC but if SKH only offers me with the PM class next year, I will take up SPC for sure. Then I will be able to arrange some interest classes (for real enjoyment of my boy but not for adding value which helps to enter a good primary school) in the afternoon for my boy.

I live in Kennedy Town and my boy is now attending playgroup in the Woodland. I will let him continue till Aug/Sep next year.

7#
發表於 06-11-27 15:38 |顯示全部帖子

Hi keilocl

We are on the same class teach by Ms Preeti, I'm CY's mum.  

Sorry to make you frighten.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖