go

Letter Land [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 06-5-22 13:56 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Letter Land

22#
發表於 06-5-27 09:25 |顯示全部帖子

any mum please kindly inform if letterland explain ui as in fruit and biscuit. thanks

23#
發表於 06-5-29 16:30 |顯示全部帖子

24#
發表於 06-5-29 18:46 |顯示全部帖子

hi Jokey,
Nice to meet you again.
I am teaching my son Programme Two, but I am not good at Phonic at all. So still have few questions:

1. there is 'eer' in poster but why no 'eer' inside the book?
2. I don't have program one. Soft c only appear in ce,ci,cy and hard c appear in other cases. Is this true? thanks.

My English pronounciation improve a lot but my son know the stories but seems cannot apply well (in term of reading an Eng word by himself and hear a word and dictate)? You have any idea on that?

p.s. alphabet song CD is more useful than CD Rom

25#
發表於 06-6-2 12:56 |顯示全部帖子

Jokey,
thanks for your sharing.

You are not using the Letterland code card to play phonic games with your kid? Then what tools are you using?

Then does you teach your kid 'ir', 'er',' 'ow','ou',' 'tion'.. those pronounciation that are not following their individual alphabet sounds in Programme two?

26#
發表於 06-6-5 01:22 |顯示全部帖子

thank you Jokey,

My son's short term memory is very weak, and hence difficult for him to spell words. But this kind of children usually can remember stories well. This is why I stick only to Letterland because he can remember better than me the stories.

But years ago My hub bought a phonic box from Taiwan, seems good. It organise the sound according to 'a' , 'e', 'i',..  - 'a' cards include all short vowel and two sound vowel like 'ai' .. , and then 'sw', 'fl' cards..., and with sound lego.  I try teach my son blending with this box this summer.  Hope he likes this box.

It is a very tough to teach my son English. It is great to have your sharing and support.

27#
發表於 06-6-6 19:25 |顯示全部帖子

Jokey,
by the way, do you know how to explain 'what'?
seems in Letterland 'a' just have sounds as in annie apple, Mr A, parachuted apples in p168 and yawning apple in p169 of program 2 teacher guide?

It is frustrating that there are so many exceptions. And I don't know IP symbol, that increase the difficulty.

28#
發表於 06-6-11 00:55 |顯示全部帖子

Jokey,
Would you share more on the following when you teach your kid phonics?

After you do the blending games with her, do she automatic know how to read out the words in English books?

And can she use phonic for dictation i.e. when she hear an English word, she can dictate it out by phonics ( I assume your kid is in local school so dictation will cover some phonetically difficult word like 'ow' 'ou' sound)?

I learn from BK mums that the Phonic Kingdom set is quite good. It put the blending games on VCD. That's exactly what I want because my son don't like to play the blending puzzle game. That is a very good supplement to Letterland. I hope this set can help.

29#
發表於 06-6-16 09:24 |顯示全部帖子

thank you Jokey,

I will try hard this summer.

30#
發表於 06-9-4 13:14 |顯示全部帖子

jokey and other mums,

Won't any mum who know what is the rule in dividing syllables? How to teach child to identify syllables? Seems this is not covered in Letterland ?

31#
發表於 06-10-22 01:51 |顯示全部帖子

tft,

I always mix up a & e too. There is no other way but practice more. Whenever reading a word, pronounce the individual sound first, then combine then into the sound of a word.

Jokey,
Thank Jokey. My son can identify syllable if I read the word to him. But if he see a long word in a book, he can not identify correctly how to divide the word into the syllables and read?

32#
發表於 06-12-5 14:39 |顯示全部帖子

So happy to see the topic again. Letterland helps my son a lot in phonics.

33#
發表於 07-2-21 16:47 |顯示全部帖子

tft,

you are right.

i am always looking forward to birng my son to letterland (letterland showrroom). Probably have to go on summer holiday. Do any one know where i can buy the programme two code card in kowloon side/
‹ 上一主題|下一主題