教育王國 討論區 海外留學 考美國大學一問
發新帖
樓主: twosonspa
go

考美國大學一問 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 16-4-15 09:31 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:twosonspa 的帖子

Harvey Mudd is an excellent LAC for science and engineering too!

2#
發表於 16-4-16 22:27 |顯示全部帖子

From the statistics, Pomona is just as selective as UC Berkeley and UCLA and Harvey Mudd can be same as MIT!! But they are famous in California and west coast.  But not many oursiders know these names.
These are good colleges to build connections, do undergraduate research, and have good in class discussions with classmates and professors and very good for graduate school preparation, and medical school preparation as well.
Williams is terrific as well and more well known than these Claremont colleges.  But being in California helps a lot as Silicon Valley and the new Playa Vista is in LA for CS major.
UC Berkeley as terrific reaearch university as well and recognised worldwide.

3#
發表於 16-5-2 13:45 |顯示全部帖子

I went to UCLA and Stanford back then and my two brothers went to UC Berkeley.  The classes are so big that you dont need to even show up if you are confident you can handle tests and exams.  One professor did notice me and asked if I want to do some research, but upon knowing I am an international student, he did not bother anymore. So my point is, the amount of interaction between professors and a student in undergrad is not much.  
At the end of the day, we do get a degree from a highly respected university that would help very much with getting a good career.
But if your son wants to pursue post graduate studies, he may want more personal relationship with professors, advisers and probably more research work opps.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題