用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RC學生除來自ESF kinder 外,有無來自 local kinder? ...
發新帖
查看: 6400|回覆: 5
go

RC學生除來自ESF kinder 外,有無來自 local kinder? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-3-26 13:12 |顯示全部帖子
There is (I think) no written policy (known to outsiders) of which kindergarten or what background they prefer. However, I guess the school would unofficially prefer to take ESF kindergarten children first. Bear in mind that it is a marketing issue as well. If ESF kindergarten kids cannot get into good schools, who would want to go to ESF kindergartens anymore. The present edge of ESF kindergartens is that, their students have priority in going for interviews with ESF schools. So I guess RC and DC would follow suit. Make sense? But of course, such "privilege" is not unconditional. A kid has to meet other criteria the school is looking for as well.

What happened during the past few years would not contribute to a "pattern" of what the school would do in the future because (1) RC is still relatively new and (2) there is now a new ESF kindergarten.

The school has probably now settled with what they want from students. I see that this year (2009 admission), they are no longer keen on taking as many students from local kindergartens. There are in fact a great number of applicants from international kindergartens already. They would probably want to choose from amongst these kids rather.

What I think they want (for studetns from any year level, in fact) is (1) kids with very good English (native or near native level) (2) kids that are out going and not shy (they prefer those that are talkative than to those quiet book worm type).

There qualities are very important for IB curriculum. And unfortunately, local kindergartens do not provide the environment for development of both of these qualities.

[ 本帖最後由 almom 於 09-3-26 13:19 編輯 ]

2#
發表於 09-3-26 14:12 |顯示全部帖子
I want to clarify what I said.

I think we are talking about only one of the conditions here. And to scientifically compare, we should presume that all other conditions are similar or same.

With 2 children of similar background, similar English level, similar in everything else etc, the ones being in an ESF kindergarten would definitely mean a better position.

Needless to say, having advantage does not mean a sure win case. We are just discussing about one way to tipping the odds.

Afterall, who knows? May be it was a bad day for the child and everything did not work well as expected. Federer has his bad days too and has lost many times.

[ 本帖最後由 almom 於 09-3-26 14:29 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 09-3-30 13:43 |顯示全部帖子
I still maintain that being with an ESF kindergarten would be advantageous.
RC is already the least competitive schools amongst all ESF schools, but still we are talking about 300+ applicants for 150 seats.
Of course there is no guarantee because admission also depend on the actual performance of a child at the interview.
However, I am sure what parents want to know is any way that can tip the odds.
Like I said, there is no written policy for RC to take ESF kindy kids first. But I do think ESF kindy kids unofficially would stand a better chance.
Having said that, it has been commented by some ESF kindy parents that ESF kindies are not exactly better than other English speaking kindies.

4#
發表於 09-4-2 17:38 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 trustee 於 09-4-2 16:47 發表
Thanks for your information and Firstly , I enter the form  to BHS since YEAR 1 on June (Late time). Then the admission staff advice me, I can try to enter the application to RC at same time.
So, I en ...

I think the outcomes of application to any school would be either successful or not successful.

For RC, there are 300+ applicants for 150 seats for year one. For other year levels I do not know. Competition in other ESF primary schools could possibly be even more keen.

No one have the privilege to know exactly what they are looking for. Even school teachers would not know unless they are in the team responsible for interviewing applicants. And I am sure the "team" are not allowed to reveal the details to us.

If your application was not successful, then it was not successful. No school would admit students not up to their requirements just to fill up the places. Even now, there are still vacancies in almost all year levels at RC but it does not mean that the school has to take anyone. A student has to meet certain criteria to get admission. I guess we should not speculate the reason why your child failed the interview. Like I said, I do not have the privilege to know more, but I am sure they would not mind late applications and they would not mind students from other curriculum.  I know people that come to RC in the middle of the year, and they can be from any curriculum (US, Australian, etc)

I know that the school would most willing to tell parents why their application failed. Most of the time, it should be stated in the rejection letter, but if they did not, call them up and ask.

5#
發表於 09-4-4 12:34 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 trustee 於 09-4-3 12:11 發表
On that day, the interviewer was not one by one to interview with her. (the baby girl and two parents (Teacher)in interview room to visit.....)
My kid said she was play with other teacher's baby girl  ...

Interviews are stressful tasks.
And in view of the fact that there are so many applications to RC this year, there sure would be a lot of unhappy parents.

Did they specify why your child was rejected?
If not have you, like I suggested, called and asked for details?

I think it is not fair to speculate further.

[ 本帖最後由 almom 於 09-4-4 12:37 編輯 ]

6#
發表於 09-4-7 14:41 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 KaKaYa 於 09-4-7 00:53 發表
Most of people to said this school is more vacancy than other ESF schools in Past Year.
After the principle to shrink the applicant. Maybe this moment is not quite easy to entry.

RC has more vacancy because it was a new school and it is a big school. In fact, RC still has lots of vacancies for various year levels. For those who are interested, call the school up for information. Unfortunately, although there are vacancies, it does not mean that the school need to take anyone who submit the form. There are still admissiont criteria that an applicant has to meet.

The school never "shrink the applicant" to make it sound like they have few vacancies. In fact, throughout the school year, students come and go. The school has been advertising on the website regarding vacancies so obviously the school did not "shrink the applicant" like you said.

Further, I do not think RC need people to "queue" up to make it sound like a good school. Whether there are 10 applicants or 2000 applicants, it is the same school and the same teachers. It is the school itself and the people itself that matters.

[ 本帖最後由 almom 於 09-4-7 15:44 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題