搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Any comment on YEW CHUNG?
發新帖
查看: 6108|回覆: 7
go

Any comment on YEW CHUNG? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-12-23 10:53 |顯示全部帖子
My son is now studying Yew Chung 2-years old class now.  

He joined the school from ITLP (playgroup, 3 days per week).  Since we always use English to communicate with my son, when my son was in ITLP class, he communicated well with NET.  He did improve a lot in Chinese but just the we did not notice it around that time.  At first, I though the ITLP class is mainly for them to play but not much teaching.  Yet, when I saw the pictures taken by the teachers and notice the performance of my son, they did teach him a lot of things and my son can learn a lot.

This year, after he turned to 2 years old, he joined the 2 years old class.  He starts speaking a lot more cantonese.  Both his English and Chinese are good.  When I brought him to local Kinders for interview, he could handle both Englhish and Chinese.  Though I determined to let him join KV next year, I still think Yew Chung is a very good Kinder. A very good start for children.

[ 本帖最後由 chunyatmama 於 09-12-23 10:55 編輯 ]

2#
發表於 09-12-23 11:49 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 onchai 於 09-12-23 10:51 發表
thx for your sharing.  as i learnt from their briefing session, they teach both eng & chin instead of solely emphasize on eng learning, and they provide an option for k3 for those who prepare to furth ...

Your concern sounds interesting.  YC's hygiene is definitely not bad.  They are transparent as well.  I recalled that last academic year, one of their NET got "hand, mouth and foot disease" through her daughters, all parents were informed of the situation.  Also, my son was asked to go home two weeks ago as he had flu symptons.

For playground, don't worry, no matter how big or small the playground is, the children will consider its a big playground anyway....they are too small

3#
發表於 09-12-23 16:12 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ac917 於 09-12-23 15:02 發表
請問大家講的是Somerset Road 定係 Kent Road的呢?兩間有乜唔同?
謝謝。

The campus at Kent Road is just for ITLP (playgroup) and year 2 class only.  For K1 or children at 3 years old or above, they will be moved to somerset road campus.

The tuition fee is at $5550 per month for 2 years old and k1 class, exclude school uniform and school bus.  They charge nothing extra basically.  I paid nothing more since my son join this school when he was 16 months old.

4#
發表於 09-12-23 16:15 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ac917 於 09-12-23 15:35 發表
咁有冇人而家的傳統小學是否喜歡收YC的學生呢?

I believe most of the children attending YC for k1 would choose internation school as their first priority.  However, the school stress that their student can connect to those main stream school.  In fact, I believe the student from YC have no main difference with those from Victoria, HKBU Kinder, etc.  However, they are not comparable to those from SC & KV, while the teaching methods are so different.

5#
發表於 09-12-24 23:15 |顯示全部帖子
I did not pay attention to their tuition fee for k2-k3.  I believe most of the children attended YC for k2-k3 will stay with their primary school.  In fact, YC's kinder and primary school are very good.  Yet, the secondary school is just so so.  It may be because most of the students will move to aboard to continue their study.

6#
發表於 09-12-24 23:16 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ac917 於 09-12-23 16:24 發表
Dear Chunyatmama,
Thanks for your reply.
How about the school fees of K2 & K3 (local stream)? Are you also targeting local school in Primary? 如果上傳統小學,會否需要額外報courses?例如之前有mami提過可能 ...

I will let my son to try the main stream school as I think his character is good fit to the existing system.  Thus, I will switch to KV next year for my son for k1.

7#
發表於 09-12-31 10:10 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 路人甲2012 於 09-12-24 23:53 發表
YC 基本是一間超 Cap 水既幼稚園, 得個"貴"字, 又要比廿萬做 Deposit, 學術水平唔係十分標青, 同其他國際幼稚園差不多, 我都有朋友個仔讀緊, 佢都算係有錢人, 住九龍站物業, 但都覺得 YC 乜都講錢, 仲有 YC 太多香港 ...

Where you got this info? My son is studying in YC and he is not required to buy any debenture or put any deposit to the school.  Are you referring to other school or you just "hearsay"?

8#
發表於 10-1-5 15:37 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 linglingng 於 10-1-5 14:06 發表
本人覺得如果冇諗住讀國際小學及中學的話,可慳番 D $$ 去上興趣班. 因為就算讀任何名校各父母都會同小朋友出去上英文及國語的興趣班. 到時英普又拼命, 英劍. 另游水,畫畫,跳舞,唱歌, 琴棋書畫,樣樣都要比錢. 條數有 ...

Over $10,000 per month is for full day class.  Yet, the price include violin tutorial class wor.  My son is attending the half day class at $5,550 per month only.  For comparable standard school like Victoria, Enfil, etc.  YC is not "so expensive".  Apart from the monthly charges, I seldom pay for any other things, except for those for charity that you can have your choice to pay or not.  

Frankly, I like this school very much though I will let my son to attend KV next year.  The reason for my son to change is that I want my son to have more exposure to Chinese and I would like to let him join the main stream  primary school.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題