用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RC學生除來自ESF kinder 外,有無來自 local kinder? ...
發新帖
查看: 6394|回覆: 2
go

RC學生除來自ESF kinder 外,有無來自 local kinder? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-3-26 08:30 |顯示全部帖子
Hi rororolee,

My kid studied in St. Catherine before entering RC so it is a matter of whether you can "drill" your kid to speak English comfortably in front of strangers and use English quite often in his/her daily life.

Before and after entering into St. Catherine we used mostly English to communicate with my kid. So she had no problem in talking to foreigners in English.

I want my kid to have a basic foundation of Chinese before taking up this international stream and I found it my choice is right. Some of her classmates that come from ESF or other int'l kinders are with a lower proficiency in Chinese. I like RC because they use traditional Chinese and I realy hate simplified Chinese.

Having said that, I am not sure if the situation has changed as my kid was the first intake two years ago as more and more parents are targetting at RC don't know if the competition now is more fierce or not.

Good luck!

2#
發表於 09-3-26 16:53 |顯示全部帖子
Hi oooray,

St. Cat is a very good kinder but the curriculum in English, in my opinion, does not prepare the kids to run for a place in IS. The English curriculum in St. Cat can be better if more time is devoted to
English lesson. That's why we created an English speaking environment for my kid since her infant stage. It helped in getting a place in St. Cat and RC. Another reason may be my kid is out-going and easy to get along with new buddies and I believe IS ususally prefers this kind of kids.

If I have another child I will also follow this pattern as St. Cat helps to lay a firm foundation of Chinese proficiency (in tems of kinder level) for my kid although I am now struggling to continue such standard in the primary level.

Hope it helps in your planning.

原帖由 oooray 於 09-3-26 09:14 發表

Hi Wingba,
Just curious to seek for your comment that do you think St. Catherine itself could provide sufficient English proficiency for your daughter to meet today's RC requirement, or that is mainl ...

3#
發表於 09-3-30 10:05 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Barque,

Pls check PM

Wingba

原帖由 barque 於 09-3-29 20:57 發表
Wingba,

Please check PM
‹ 上一主題|下一主題