教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Is your kid the same?
發新帖
查看: 488|回覆: 3
go

Is your kid the same? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-12-6 11:42 |只看該作者

Is your kid the same?

My son is now in K2.  I am just wondering if most of the kids are the same as my son.

When I revise the English book (from school) with him, he can read all the words and sentences out fast and clear.  But when I take some of the words out, he cannot read them.  For example:
In the book:  This is the first day of school.
I write on paper:  this is, the
In the book:  umbrella, jelly (with pictures)
I write on paper:  UMBRELLA, JELLY
Then he cannot read them.

Is this because he can just reconize the pictures and not the words?  Is this normal?  Or he needs more time to reconize the words

Can you give me some comments?

Thanks,
Mattmatt.mami
Mattmatt.mai
[img align=left]9990.jpg[/img] :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

2#
發表於 06-12-6 11:50 |只看該作者

Re: Is your kid the same?

Do you read other English books with him often?  I mean those he can read most of the words by himself.

3#
發表於 06-12-6 11:50 |只看該作者

Just my two cents.
They may memorize the sentences by ears, not by eyes.  Like my son who is now a bit more than 2 yrs old, he can recite a long story sentence by sentence when we hint the first one or two words of each sentence (sometimes he can do several sentences in a row).  But there is no magic and he is not a genius.  It's just that my wife keeps reading to him everyday, several times per day.  
But when we ask him to pronounce specific words, he would find it difficult to do so, except for the words which we have shown on the flash cards to him.

4#
發表於 06-12-6 12:01 |只看該作者

Exactly.

猴子爸 寫道:
Just my two cents.
They may memorize the sentences by ears, not by eyes.  Like my son who is now a bit more than 2 yrs old, he can recite a long story sentence by sentence when we hint the first one or two words of each sentence (sometimes he can do several sentences in a row).  But there is no magic and he is not a genius.  It's just that my wife keeps reading to him everyday, several times per day.  
But when we ask him to pronounce specific words, he would find it difficult to do so, except for the words which we have shown on the flash cards to him.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題