樓主: KL
go

張祝珊英文中學 [複製鏈接]

121#
發表於 06-12-15 19:25 |只看該作者

Re: 張祝珊英文中學

KL 寫道:
ccspy

小朋友讀得有壓力嗎?家長需要協助多少?要在外面補習英文嗎?老師會怎樣幫助較差的同學?

如果鍾意用英文來學,壓力唔見得好大。我小朋友話一理通百理明,過左中一這年後就會駕輕就熟。通常上到中學後,好多課文佢識你,你唔識佢,幫不到什麼忙,但要知小朋友有定期溫習,跟得上,家長從徬鼓勵下,咁就得。最緊要唔好俾小朋友迷上打機,咁就好麻煩。入得張祝珊英文一定要好,唔係好快落後成條街,遲早玩完。

學校中一中英文行小班教學,學生容易適應。唔識時好多同學會捉住老師來問,有D高班同學學唔識唔俾老師走,有時小朋友見到老師陪同學溫到成下午六點鐘。學校會搞保底班俾較差ge同學選擇參加。

122#
發表於 06-12-16 20:48 |只看該作者

今日ge講座有冇收穫呀?

123#
發表於 06-12-16 23:54 |只看該作者

ccspy 寫道:
今日ge講座有冇收獲呀?

Some points:

1.  Why they skip the interview?
     Students can have two choices this year and each school may have more than one interview, teh pressure on student will be much higher.  Also, they observed the correlation between rank order list and the actual academic performance is significance.  Reduce the variables like, stress, illness of students.  Also, during the interview period in the past is the peak season of teachers, so they decided to drop the interview.

2.  Last year, they had 300 applicants.  Through Discreption Place and Central Allocation, the students applied CSSC and got in the school is 153 out of 190 seats.  Only 37 by lucky draw without applying CSSC at DP stage.

3.  They will rank your EVA, Services, and Awards as say 5 points for Champion, 3 for 1st runner-up and 2 for 2nd runner-up and 1 for merit.  They will add up you scores and rank accordingly.  If you just get a few point, your ranking will be very low.

4.  Hand in application form need personal ID of the applicants.

5.  Also talk about different scenarios, but difficult to ellaborate here.
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

124#
發表於 06-12-17 00:11 |只看該作者

Hello ANChan59,

謝謝你的詳細資料。
關於第3點, 冠,亞,季軍,優異獎及課外活動包括校內的嗎?還是要校外的才算呢?
Thanks.

Midagemum,

3. They will rank your EVA, Services, and Awards as say 5 points for Champion, 3 for 1st runner-up and 2 for 2nd runner-up and 1 for merit. They will add up you scores and rank accordingly. If you just get a few point, your ranking will be very low.

125#
發表於 06-12-17 01:00 |只看該作者

Midagemum 寫道:
Hello ANChan59,

謝謝你的詳細資料。
關於第3點, 冠,亞,季軍,優異獎及課外活動包括校內的嗎?還是要校外的才算呢?
Thanks.

Midagemum,

Refer to the Principal, they count both and equal weighting.

126#
發表於 06-12-17 01:19 |只看該作者

ANChan59:

So many differences from past years. Thanks for the sharing!

What is your decision now and what is your impression about CCSC?

127#
發表於 06-12-17 09:52 |只看該作者

ccspy 寫道:
ANChan59:

What is your decision now and what is your impression about CCSC?

The Principal made an excellent soft selling pitch, through general information and questions to more specific information related to CCSC and also some informative past data info.

He talked more about the traditional development of CCSC, like the 1st Principal emphaisd Moral Education, the 2nd Principal emphasised or Moral plus Academic Excellence.  His mission is he will keep both key elements, but the breakthrough in Academic is extremely difficult.  If CCSC turns into the first choice school for all students and parents, it needs to be excelled in EVA, like sports, musics and all others, so they will be same as LS, SPCC, DBS etc.  He also shared his experience in the last 5 years how to drive changes in the school, transparency of school management, face to face with senior classes.

My impression is the Principal and his team work very hard to change the position of the school, they are in the right direction esp under 3-3-4, one third of the criteria to get into University is EVA and Services.  They have the commitment to hold on 100% student get into the University.

I feel we can only actually see the result of his changes can be justified is two years later.  The reason is the first batch students enjoy the new method also get good grade in HKCE.  If not he will face pressure from both parents and teachers.

In general, it's a good school and the leader has good leadership.

Anyway, my son's choice still QC 1st choice and CCSC 2nd choice.  My son's academic results and EVA, service and awards can score very good grade under new ranking system without interview.  CCSC will be our safety net.

128#
發表於 06-12-17 10:14 |只看該作者

ANChan59 寫道:
The Principal made an excellent soft selling pitch, through general information and questions to more specific information related to CCSC and also some informative past data info.

He talked more about the traditional development of CCSC, like the 1st Principal emphaisd Moral Education, the 2nd Principal emphasised or Moral plus Academic Excellence.  His mission is he will keep both key elements, but the breakthrough in Academic is extremely difficult.  If CCSC turns into the first choice school for all students and parents, it needs to be excelled in EVA, like sports, musics and all others, so they will be same as LS, SPCC, DBS etc.  He also shared his experience in the last 5 years how to drive changes in the school, transparency of school management, face to face with senior classes.

My impression is the Principal and his team work very hard to change the position of the school, they are in the right direction esp under 3-3-4, one third of the criteria to get into University is EVA and Services.  They have the commitment to hold on 100% student get into the University.

I feel we can only actually see the result of his changes can be justified is two years later.  The reason is the first batch students enjoy the new method also get good grade in HKCE.  If not he will face pressure from both parents and teachers.

In general, it's a good school and the leader has good leadership.

Anyway, my son's choice still QC 1st choice and CCSC 2nd choice.  My son's academic results and EVA, service and awards can score very good grade under new ranking system without interview.  CCSC will be our safety net.

I feel the same as you that the school is moving in the right direction and I am confident that it will be successful in the future as the mindset of the newcomers is changing towards a more balance between academic achievements and extracurricular activities/community services.
Wishing the best of luck in your applications!

129#
發表於 06-12-18 16:14 |只看該作者

ccspy

後保位唔知幾時會知呢?如果去

130#
發表於 06-12-18 17:51 |只看該作者

上年自行收生唔係只收20%, 點解佢地第一輪可以收咁多個架??

ANChan59 寫道:
2.  Last year, they had 300 applicants.  Through Discreption Place and Central Allocation, the students applied CSSC and got in the school is 153 out of 190 seats.  Only 37 by lucky draw without applying CSSC at DP stage.

131#
發表於 06-12-18 17:58 |只看該作者

10%獎項 --- 是否無論校外,校內的冠軍都是給5分嗎?
10%課外活動 --- 只係參與, 無獎, 點計分?

ANChan59 寫道:
3.  They will rank your EVA, Services, and Awards as say 5 points for Champion, 3 for 1st runner-up and 2 for 2nd runner-up and 1 for merit.  They will add up you scores and rank accordingly.  If you just get a few point, your ranking will be very low.

132#
發表於 06-12-18 20:24 |只看該作者

[quote]
KL 寫道:
ccspy

後保位唔知幾時會知呢?如果去

133#
發表於 06-12-18 20:26 |只看該作者

加菲貓 寫道:

今年全港新遊戲規則,每間中學自行分配由20%增至30%。

134#
發表於 06-12-18 20:31 |只看該作者

加菲貓 寫道:

睇章程係20%課外活動,只係參加左就得,獎唔獎會係20%獎項個度計。校內校外D獎項是否一樣就請去聽過講座D家長來講下。

135#
發表於 06-12-19 11:14 |只看該作者

加菲貓 寫道:

[quote]
ANChan59 寫道:
[/quote]

加菲貓

Elaborate a bit more to clarify the point.

From DP was 20% last year, it means 40 seats from DP stage and the rest 113 was through CA and they also applied for the DP but  failed in DP stage.  The balance got in 37 only through CA (Lucky Draw).

136#
發表於 06-12-19 11:24 |只看該作者

明白啦! 咁講座有冇提及課外活動點計分?

ANChan59 寫道:

加菲貓

Elaborate a bit more to clarify the point.

From DP was 20% last year, it means 40 seats from DP stage and the rest 113 was through CA and they also applied for the DP but  failed in DP stage.  The balance got in 37 only through CA (Lucky Draw).

137#
發表於 06-12-19 11:25 |只看該作者

加菲貓 寫道:

[quote]
ANChan59 寫道:
[/quote]

Refer to the Principal, internal and external awards carry the same weighting.  EVA and Services just for participation and not for Awards.  

Rank Order list    50%
Conduct             10%
EVA & Services   20%
Awards              20%

The mechanism of score may not the same as what I think.

E.g. Awards, say my son added up all awards both internal and external is 34 points.  The highest point student of this year is 42 points, the highest point student can get 20/20 and not 42.  My son may be 18/20 and not 34.  If the student only have 3 point, he may score 1/20.  The same for all criteria.

138#
發表於 06-12-19 12:37 |只看該作者

Refer to the Principal, internal and external awards carry the same weighting.  EVA and Services just for participation and not for Awards.  

Rank Order list    50%
Conduct             10%
EVA & Services   20%
Awards              20%

The mechanism of score may not the same as what I think.

E.g. Awards, say my son added up all awards both internal and external is 34 points.  The highest point student of this year is 42 points, the highest point student can get 20/20 and not 42.  My son may be 18/20 and not 34.  If the student only have 3 point, he may score 1/20.  The same for all criteria.

Vow! Your son got very high score in these areas. Sure win!

139#
發表於 06-12-19 12:55 |只看該作者

ccspy 寫道:
Vow! Your son got very high score in these areas. Sure win!

Just for example sake.  All depends on the competition.

140#
發表於 06-12-19 13:16 |只看該作者

ANChan59 寫道:
Just for example sake.  All depends on the competition.

One point I am not too certain is that with 20% as the limit, in other words, 20 points, for those like your son got 34 points in prizes and your son's friend got 42 points, both of them could score full marks 20 points in their applications. That means, no difference between them in this area. Then the battlefield for discrimination will be the other scoring areas. Am I right?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題