用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 CIS - thoughts & feelings?
樓主: JJsMama
go

CIS - thoughts & feelings? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 06-4-20 20:41 |只看該作者

Re: CIS - thoughts & feelings?

CherylMum 寫道:
I have a friend who studied in a local school.  Her HKCEE results are good but not very outstanding.  In her Form 6, she took the exams of two subjects in GCE herself (she applied for the exams and studied by herself), and got A in both subjects.  She was then admitted to a top university in UK.  Oxford told her that it would accept her if she got A in three subjects in the GCE (which I don't think is difficult to her).

Yes.....it is exactly what I mean by the trick. However, if someone wants to get into Oxford and Cambridge, bear in mind that there is separate entrance examination conducted by Oxford and Cambridge individually and questions there are odd, vague and somehow very difficult. However, the trick still applies for the rest of other universities in the UK.

22#
發表於 06-4-20 23:33 |只看該作者

If we want to get our children into top universities such as Cambridge, Oxford, Harvard, Yale, MIT, which international school in HK can best prepare their students for these schools ?  In other words, which school has the highest % of students going to these universities ?

23#
發表於 06-4-20 23:47 |只看該作者

adachan318 寫道:
If we want to get our children into top universities such as Cambridge, Oxford, Harvard, Yale, MIT, which international school in HK can best prepare their students for these schools ?  In other words, which school has the highest % of students going to these universities ?

If going into top U is the utimate goal, I think international school will not be ideal. I would think studying in local to F3 and sending your kid to either US or UK will be better option. By then you kid will excel academically during senior high school and can spare time to do loads of volunteer work and/or extracurricular activities for US schools.

In terms of international school, I am afraid that CIS or GSIS seems to have higher % but unfortunately "higher" here only means 3 to 5%.

24#
發表於 06-4-21 00:02 |只看該作者

Seems that a lot of people are quite interested in world class universities. Although I can say that I know the more easy ways to get in, it still take a lot of energy, discipline and efforts to achieve the goal.

I would think that it might be too early to consider all these at the kindergarten stage. Your kids may not really like academic and force-feed them may cause more harm both to the kids themselves and your relationship.

My attitude is: if my son can study, well, go ahead and do his best. If not, it does not matter as long as he loves his Daddy and Mummy and be happy for the best part of his life. MIT or Harvard or Oxford does not mean anything. I am coming from one them but my career and social skill are much inferior to my wife who studied in a school of tier "n" in the US where "n" tends to infinitive. So it is much better to let the kid develop himself naturally and be contented with a happy and healthy kid. Trust me, a not-so-smart but kind and pleasant kid is a much better gift than a baby Einstein!

25#
發表於 06-4-21 09:20 |只看該作者

Newton,

Thanks for your advice. It is great.

26#
發表於 06-4-21 10:05 |只看該作者

Thanks Newton!

27#
發表於 06-4-21 13:56 |只看該作者

Newton,

Thanks for your good sharing.

Could you please advise some int'l schools that are suitable for a not-so-smart, not-so-articulate but active, willing to try and participate kid?

If so, academic standard is not my concern.

Thank you.

mtot

28#
發表於 06-4-22 04:35 |只看該作者

mtot 寫道:
Newton,

Thanks for your good sharing.

Could you please advise some int'l schools that are suitable for a not-so-smart, not-so-articulate but active, willing to try and participate kid?

If so, academic standard is not my concern.

Thank you.

mtot

I think Canadian International School may be good. It is not difficult to get in due to the sheer size. The time I visited there, I saw many activities other than just classroom learning. Facilities are new and good. The only thing concerns me is that the skirts of the girls are pretty short in secondary school   which indicates that the school is rather loose in discipline.  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題