密      碼:
搜索
樓主: hksarah
go

[複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 05-12-31 00:14 |只看該作者

Re: The views of a 保良局蔡繼有學校 foreign teacher to 保良局蔡繼有學校

Please don't say thank you to me and I'm not supposed to be those who only make intentional negative comments without supporting observation.

I'm sure CKY is a very good school to a specific segment of students and in fact, my friend's  kids do love the school life very much.  

However, CKY might be operating/developing beyond its resources limit.  If the staff are always working underpaid and overtime, the system itself will tend to retain staff of inferior quality in the market.  I agreed with kunggi201 that the Ms. A probably is not a good teacher.  However, why she stays while the others leave?

I attended the briefing of Pui Kui and the principal said if Pui Kui goes for IB, the school fee has to be increased by HK$2,000/month.  Pui Kui's existing school fee is at HK$1,700/month plus direct subsidy from the government plus considerable donations.  If what the principal said is true, it may probably take at least HK$6,000/month to break even IB for a private school without subsidy.  A very big recurrent gap for CKY even after school fee adjustment if without solid and continuous support from PLK.  The adminstrative/negative issues might be the consequences of resources constraints which are crucial but difficult to resolve.  Emotional supports do relieve but can't solve either the fundamentals.

Anyway: 情人眼裏出西施,小朋友鍾意咪得囉!

[quote]
fannycheungmc 寫道:
THANK YOU BBCmom

o it is so bad at cky. EdT, you think should he change school for his kid? I afraid, i will not apply this school.
[quote]

22#
發表於 05-12-31 00:35 |只看該作者

In addition, CKY is now only operating primary section at an old campus.  The resources impact of IB in secondary section and new campus has not yet been fully reflected.  

Hence, fundamentally and be realistic, its difficult for CKY to achieve real excellence at present level of school fee.

23#
發表於 05-12-31 00:58 |只看該作者

so do you mean secondary school fee in the near future maybe $10,000+/month like other IS ????

24#
發表於 05-12-31 01:23 |只看該作者

Sorry that I can't agree with you staff are always working underpaid and overtime "just" in CKY. Indeed, I don't think teachers nowadays can enjoy the older relax days anymore. For if compare to ESF's teacher, it's just a historical tradition and I don't think the teachers enjoying high pay will imply they have good performance in teaching.

Pui Kui's principal seems telling the truth of running IB, IT IS ACTUALLY EXPENSIVE but not to a degree as the IS so some of the similar schools will just go for IBD instead of the whole IB. Also, CKY's principal already said tuition fee for secondary school will be higher than pri. school approx. by $1000 pm.

Regarding the resource limitation, I personally feel it is limited as reflected from the school hardware but still bearable and understandable (if you compare other DSS or private school in their rate of expansion). I am not trying to defense any negative comments on the school but just an discussion and let the potential CKY parent realise the picture.

Lastly, my daughter also follows her bother to join the school. Whether you like this school or not, depends.

25#
發表於 05-12-31 08:39 |只看該作者

kunggi201,

You don't really need to bother about motheroffour's comments, she has been famous to be a "show-off" person in all her messages, particularly in her thread" NO MORE" scolding people who compare among schools.  She used to tease about other's qualification, school's branding etc., and she did not have any evidence to support her comments and her own qualification is just....

Every parent has his/ her reason to choose a suitable school for the kids, it is natural to see positive and negative comments for every school, just depends which aspect is most important to you.  I believe you have chosen a very good school for your kid.

kunggi201 寫道:
[quote]
motheroffour 寫道:
kunggi201,

You said you hold a master degree from a USA university. Which one was that and where did you learn English?

I think, this thread is for discussing CKY, not for challenging people’s qualification.  And, it is not wise to post all personal details on net.
Believe it or not, it is your choice, which I cannot control.

I was not majoring in English, so my English is not perfect. I admit.
One of my assistants is a HKU graduate, but she can’t write good English as well.
She was majoring in computer science, and I hired her for her computer expertise, not English.

BTW, I believe, personal cultivation, achievement and ability cannot be judged by his/her academic qualification, proficiency in English, as well as which school he/she belongs.  C C Tung speaks better English and Putonghua than Donald Tsang, but which one you prefer to be our Chief Executive?

Well, you may decline both of them, and wish to have Christopher Patten, who could bring us good old days again.  But, his ex-boss, John Major was even not a U graduate.

Li Ka Sing can’t speak good Cantonese, but he is the richest man in HK. Under Cheung Kong there are plenty of good English speaking people who are working for him.
[/quote]

26#
發表於 05-12-31 10:25 |只看該作者

I am not trying to pour cold water. A school depends very much on the principal and his supervsior. Do you know their backgrounds?

WYmom 寫道:
kunggi201,

You don't really need to bother about motheroffour's comments, she has been famous to be a "show-off" person in all her messages, particularly in her thread" NO MORE" scolding people who compare among schools.  She used to tease about other's qualification, school's branding etc., and she did not have any evidence to support her comments and her own qualification is just....

Every parent has his/ her reason to choose a suitable school for the kids, it is natural to see positive and negative comments for every school, just depends which aspect is most important to you.  I believe you have chosen a very good school for your kid.

[quote]
kunggi201 寫道:
[quote]
motheroffour 寫道:
kunggi201,

You said you hold a master degree from a USA university. Which one was that and where did you learn English?

I think, this thread is for discussing CKY, not for challenging people’s qualification.  And, it is not wise to post all personal details on net.
Believe it or not, it is your choice, which I cannot control.

I was not majoring in English, so my English is not perfect. I admit.
One of my assistants is a HKU graduate, but she can’t write good English as well.
She was majoring in computer science, and I hired her for her computer expertise, not English.

BTW, I believe, personal cultivation, achievement and ability cannot be judged by his/her academic qualification, proficiency in English, as well as which school he/she belongs.  C C Tung speaks better English and Putonghua than Donald Tsang, but which one you prefer to be our Chief Executive?

Well, you may decline both of them, and wish to have Christopher Patten, who could bring us good old days again.  But, his ex-boss, John Major was even not a U graduate.

Li Ka Sing can’t speak good Cantonese, but he is the richest man in HK. Under Cheung Kong there are plenty of good English speaking people who are working for him.
[/quote][/quote]

27#
發表於 05-12-31 10:35 |只看該作者

According to your comment, it implies that you know much about the background of its principl and supervisors. Would you please share more with us ?

motheroffour 寫道:
I am not trying to pour cold water. A school depends very much on the principal and his supervsior. Do you know their backgrounds?

28#
發表於 05-12-31 11:13 |只看該作者

Do correct me if I'm wrong.  I remember reading from the newspapers some time ago that the government would subsidise some $0.22 billion (2.2 億)for the building of new CKY campus.  PLK will also inject HK$40 million (4 千萬) for building additional facilities.  So the "financial constraints" should not be as severe as someone suggests.

Here is the relevant newspaper article (paragraph 3):

【明報專訊】直資學校保良局陳守仁小學,斥資5000萬元擴建一幢7層高、本港學界數一數二的音樂綜合大樓,重點培育學生的音樂才華,預料最快2007年落成。保良局表示,大樓設施除保良局屬校可申請使用外,亦會低價租借給一般市民舉辦音樂活動。

保良局主席杜偉強表示,綜合音樂大樓工程於本月展開。新翼大樓包括藝術、體育等設備,更包括樓高兩層、可容納數百人的大型音樂廳。他強調,興建費用全由保良局撥款,亦不會因此增加學費。保良局發言人補充,用5000萬元興建以音樂藝術為主題的大樓,在香港算數一數二,可媲美國際基督教優質音樂中學暨小學的設施。

杜偉強表示,轄下多所直資學校,均有計劃增建大樓或設施(見表),費用動輒逾千萬,相信市民會支持教育而捐款。他指,保良局蔡繼有學校於2002年創校,現借用
http://bb5.babyhome.com.tw/UPLOAD7/123340/129075.10908320.72074.jpg

29#
發表於 05-12-31 23:59 |只看該作者

Thanks for the financial information.  However, the injection is one-off for infrastructure, not recurrent in nature.

If HK$7,000/month is a reasonable benchmark fee for pursuing IB, there is still a gap of > HK$2,000/month/student.  Assuming CKY will have 1,000 students in full mode, a rough recurrent gap will become HK$2K x 1,000 x 10 (months) per year, or HK$20M/year.  The puzzle still exists, unless:

1. HK$7,000/month is not the right benchmark, but much the less
2. PLK/donation fills the gap
3. Government fills the gap (change to DSS?)
4. Give up IB
5. Scale down the school size
6. Further raise the fees significantly
7. Struggle in the journey under the resources limit of HK$5,000/month, which will likely be the near future fee level for secondary section
8. Combination of above or others?

I'm not an insider and don't know which one will dominate.  

However, if option 7 is the likely dominating scenario at present and in future, those negative issues on administration, turn-over, staff quality,.. etc. will not be easily resolved due to the fundamental mismatch between targets and resources .

醒目開學勳章

30#
發表於 06-1-2 14:47 |只看該作者

Re:The views of a 保良局蔡繼有學校 foreign teacher to 保良局蔡繼有學校

又係哩類 "揭秘式" 留言?

情形同 d 乜周刊頭條,話邊個名星同邊個名人有路一樣。互聯網都流傳好多娛樂圈秘聞,話邊個係 gay,邊個接客。當然,其中有真都唔奇,但係大部份都好假。 d 訊息應唔應該信,都係要大家自己諗。

講真,係哩度留言,真係唔駛點負責喎,人地 d 雜誌周刊,都話大大間公司打開門口比你追究。係哩度留言,佢又唔駛出真名,就咁一個網名,真係吹佢唔漲,亦根本冇得追究。

最慘係有 d 外人唔知頭唔知路,聽聽埋埋又周圍講,真係水洗都唔清。當然,你可以話清者自清,但係講就易,有邊個會比人中傷都唔嬲?

我地大部份人就一廂情願,覺得大家會憑良心說話。但係,就係有人會濫用大家的信任。

對唔住,有少少激動。其實我唔識人讀 CKY,但一時有感而發,覺得太多同類事件。唔好鬧我做 "架兩"。

ps 原來連 title 都 delete 埋。

31#
發表於 06-1-2 20:51 |只看該作者

我都有為個小朋友報考CKY, 雖然我對CKY在通知 Second In 的程序上不感認同, 但簡介會上劉校長的講話就真係令我留下深刻印象. 我好鍾意CKY, 不過我個小朋友被reject左.      

行政方面, 學校不可能同私人機構去對比, 我認為, 各位家長在選擇學校的時候, 不應以該校的行政表現作為重要考慮因素, 應著眼於該校的教學理念, 及校園生活等.
[img align=left]http://img7.picsplace.to/img7/25/0578-1.jpg[/img]

32#
發表於 06-1-3 12:34 |只看該作者

Darth 寫道:

又係哩類 "揭秘式" 留言?

情形同 d 乜周刊頭條,話邊個名星同邊個名人有路一樣。互聯網都流傳好多娛樂圈秘聞,話邊個係 gay,邊個接客。當然,其中有真都唔奇,但係大部份都好假。 d 訊息應唔應該信,都係要大家自己諗。

講真,係哩度留言,真係唔駛點負責喎,人地 d 雜誌周刊,都話大大間公司打開門口比你追究。係哩度留言,佢又唔駛出真名,就咁一個網名,真係吹佢唔漲,亦根本冇得追究。

最慘係有 d 外人唔知頭唔知路,聽聽埋埋又周圍講,真係水洗都唔清。當然,你可以話清者自清,但係講就易,有邊個會比人中傷都唔嬲?

我地大部份人就一廂情願,覺得大家會憑良心說話。但係,就係有人會濫用大家的信任。

對唔住,有少少激動。其實我唔識人讀 CKY,但一時有感而發,覺得太多同類事件。唔好鬧我做 "架兩"。

ps 原來連 title 都 delete 埋。

有時係呢度睇
http://bb5.babyhome.com.tw/UPLOAD7/123340/129075.10908320.72074.jpg

33#
發表於 06-1-3 14:06 |只看該作者

我想問下,有傳聞話會搬...你地有無聽見過呀??

34#
發表於 06-1-3 14:27 |只看該作者

有聽過, 十月簡介會度講左 (之後有無改就唔知), 全校會搬去深水步, 原校舍將重建, 工程將不多於兩年, 之後會搬回來.  
[img align=left]http://img7.picsplace.to/img7/25/0578-1.jpg[/img]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖