教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 Online Engl Reading Program - Engl-Pal
發新帖
查看: 772|回覆: 4
go

Online Engl Reading Program - Engl-Pal [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-9-10 11:49 |只看該作者

Online Engl Reading Program - Engl-Pal

My son's school has just distributed some info on this.  $180, 19 Sept 2005 - 18 Sept 2006.
www.myenglishpal.com

My questions are :
1.  Has any BK mum heard of / tried this ??
2.  How does this compare with Daily 7 ? (difficulty, suitability, whether systematic, continuation)

Appreciate any comments.

2#
發表於 05-9-10 19:05 |只看該作者

Re: Online Engl Reading Program - Engl-Pal

My son joined this program last year. Everyday, you can read a short story/ paper cutting/e-book at your own grade and answer 3-5 MC question. Then it is your option to read another 'bonus' which you can choose different grade.  

Weekly, there are 30 MC for grammar.

To me, it is very help programe to improve my son's english abilities. Sometimes, it is quite difficult and especially the E-book during the wkend.

In the beginning ,u must read with u and give him a help. In 2 months time, my son can do it by himself on wkdays.

3#
發表於 05-9-10 20:17 |只看該作者

Megafish,

Tks a lot for your detail answer.

4#
發表於 05-9-11 16:50 |只看該作者

Hi Bluestar,

Muy daughter is in P1, same school as your son. My daughter is only 5.8 years old.  I 'm just thinking if myenglishpal is suitable for young kids?  Is it compulsory for the kids in school to join the program?

5#
發表於 05-9-11 17:08 |只看該作者

TINGMUM,

Hello.
I think they are in the same class - B.  My son is the tallest boy in that class, but also the biggest cloud.
There are at least 2 "Ting"s in the class, which one is your daughter ??
It is NOT compulsory, but my ?? is whether my son will KNOW how to do it, and whether there is continuation / systematic progression.
Time is precious to us and I already need to struggle with him through the not-too-much workload now.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題