密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 QBS 中文程度
樓主: GC0060
go

QBS 中文程度 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 17-1-15 12:08 |只看該作者
From Year 3 to Year 5, they have supplementary work sheets, Chinese dictations and composition each week, plus one big assessment at the end of term 1 & 2 and the year end pathway allocation assessment. They say that the parents can assist the kids in those tasks if they want to.  However, the end of term and year end assessment dates are not never specified, they'll only say within next couple of weeks or even month. They always have class revisions anyway. Thus there is no need to help them revising. Practically it is difficult if not impossible to help them.

22#
發表於 17-1-15 12:09 |只看該作者
From Year 5 onwards, my boy has to  sign a contract with his teachers, saying that he has to be responsible for doing all his homework plus revisions without others' assistance for ALL subjects (parents are still notified about their home work and assessment schedule). That frees me from all his school work.

Hooray!

23#
發表於 17-1-16 15:49 |只看該作者
Activehealth 發表於 17-1-15 12:09
From Year 5 onwards, my boy has to  sign a contract with his teachers, saying that he has to be resp ...

Thanks for all the useful details!

24#
發表於 17-2-13 17:05 |只看該作者
回覆 Activehealth 的帖子

HI there! I'm pretty impressed by your son's Chinese considering he studied in an int primary school. May I ask if you supplemented alot of Chinese teaching at home or he can reach that level just from chinese classes in school? Do you speak with him in Chinese at home?

25#
發表於 17-2-14 08:45 |只看該作者
GC0060 發表於 17-2-13 17:05
回覆 Activehealth 的帖子

HI there! I'm pretty impressed by your son's Chinese considering he studie ...

Thanks for your kind comments.

My boy had speech development delay when he was young. We speak English at home and he only reads English books outside school. However, he liked PTH cartoon and used to watch a lot on YouTube. He had a Chinese home tutor for 3 hours a week when he was young. Now he goes to a 1-hour Chinese writing class a week.

Many of his classmates in Pathway 3 do not have any Chinese tuition outside. They speak PTH at home and read a lot in Chinese including the classic text like  西遊記。Now in ESF secondary, many students in Pathway 3 Chinese are transferred from local schools.

26#
發表於 17-2-19 11:37 |只看該作者
Activehealth 發表於 17-1-12 16:13
My boy went to QBS from Y1-6, now he is in South Island School. He was in Pathway 3 Chinese from Y3- ...

請教QBS家長,我記得foundation school的中文課程只伸延至Y6,中學開始就要揀other foreign language,中文是其中一項嗎?小學由Y1開始每天均有45分鐘的課堂,到中學,中文堂已經删除了嗎?

27#
發表於 17-2-19 12:28 |只看該作者
lckfwylyk 發表於 17-2-19 11:37
請教QBS家長,我記得foundation school的中文課程只伸延至Y6,中學開始就要揀other foreign language,中 ...

This is my reply to the other post and it would have answered your questions.

阿仔都係ESF但係South Island, 一星期只有兩節中文課(每節1小時),比ESF 小學還少,因為有Y7 &8 compulsory有third language Spanish/French 一星期兩節。
RC Y7 & 8 要讀third language 嗎?

Y9可以讀dual language(除English必修外):中文每周3小時加Spanish/French每周兩小時;或讀single language Chinese/Spanish/French每周3小時加多一科creative option 如Art/music/media/drama (總共兩科creative option, 讀dual language 只可選一科creative option). 好多ethnic Chinese 學生drop Chinese 完全唔讀, 寧願揀Spanish/ French 最低果個foreign language level。

South Island就算揀Chinese A 老師都叫佢揀SL唔揀HL, 但攞唔到bilingual diploma, 唔少人讀Chinese B。

28#
發表於 17-2-21 18:40 |只看該作者
QBS 中文宜家year2已經要聽寫every week(3 words each time)同埋每星期一張work sheet。term 2 開始有閱讀報告~ my kid is not in the highest pathway

29#
發表於 17-2-24 07:45 |只看該作者
回覆 Activehealth 的帖子

Thank you for your sharing! I'm amazed to how your boy has come from being delayed in speech to now can easily switch amongst English and mandarin. Very impressive.
Just wondering how do you teach traditional chinese to him? I would like my girl to be able to read most of traditional Chinese text and be able to write some of them on top of simplified Chinese.

30#
發表於 17-2-24 12:35 |只看該作者
GC0060 發表於 17-2-24 07:45
回覆 Activehealth 的帖子

Thank you for your sharing! I'm amazed to how your boy has come from being ...

I didn't teach him traditional Chinese characters.

He learned them himself by copying from whatever interests him e.g. MTR stations, street signs, shop names, etc. He learned to write 銅鑼灣 by copying from my old driving map books before he got in QBS. Also, he loved Chinese cartoons with subtitles when young. Some subtitles are in traditional Chinese.

Honestly, he can read traditional characters better than writing them. He usually writes simplified Chinese only.  

‹ 上一主題|下一主題