教育王國 討論區 國際學校 真正學到中文的國際學校
發新帖
樓主: Ms.M
go

真正學到中文的國際學校 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-4-21 21:27 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 真正學到中文的國際學校

Chinese learnt from IS is usually quite simple, and most of them teach in simplied Chinese.

2#
發表於 05-6-18 09:13 |顯示全部帖子

CCDAD,

What's the full name of KCIS and where is it?  Are the kids' behaviour good?  Is there any secondary school?  And what's its school fees?  Thanks for your info.

3#
發表於 05-6-25 17:59 |顯示全部帖子

阿胡 寫道:
通常, 小朋友在同樣的語言環境下, 英文會比中文成熟早得多. 結果好少小朋友能在心智與語言能力同步發展, 能夠達到喜讀中文小說的程度. 在國際學校, 9歲時讀"Harry Potter"大有人在. 但要能讀"射雕英雄傳", 中文為母語的學生都要在10-11歲之後.

想想看, 當一位小朋友在9歲時就能讀"Harry Potter", 他點可能同時鍾意讀中文"三只小豬"? 長年下來, 最後的結果是, 國際學校的學生中文閱讀就較差, 寫就更不用講.  當然, 講中文是不成問題的.

所以, 要雙語成功, 真係好難.

This is true.  Then what is your experience with your eldest son?  You mentioned that he studied in Creative to learn Chinese first, then switch to international school to learn further in English.  Is he very good in both languages now?  

If this works, maybe this is the way.

4#
發表於 05-6-26 05:00 |顯示全部帖子

阿胡 寫道:
如果給予適宜的環境, 小朋友可以在4歲之前自己學會英文的pronunciation (surprise!!!), 所以在6歲之前, 讓小朋友發展英文會是一個愉快的經驗.

因為中文需要較長認字的過程, 我會讓小朋友在小學階段主要精力學中文. 錯過了這段時間, 要學會中文就要花上十倍的功夫.

因此, 我個人覺得, 先英文, 再中文, 再英文, 是小朋友掌握雙語較好的途徑. 學中文時, 當然也要學英文, 但最主要是中文.

6歲前主要學英文.

在這其中, 補習老師根本無乜幫助. 不光無幫助, 有時對小朋友心裡有很大壓力. 學語言是間快樂的事, 好難從補習老師聯想到快樂.

Yes, agree.  I am trying this for my kids.  Hope it works.

5#
發表於 05-6-26 08:51 |顯示全部帖子

阿胡 寫道:
[quote]
WYmom 寫道:

Yes, agree.  I am trying this for my kids.  Hope it works.

小朋友幾歲? [/quote]

3 & 9.  I have similar concepts as you, but not so much $$$$. :cry:   So for primary use local school for Chinese training, and then IS for English training, and further ??? for secondary.    Still thinking.

6#
發表於 05-6-26 09:43 |顯示全部帖子

阿胡 寫道:
9歲果個讀緊中文小學?

網上見到你講3歲果個讀緊英文幼稚園. 佢應該好開心. :

Yes, but my elder daughter will switch to ESF by Sept to continue her primary.  She is very happy with this.  By now, she has got basic Chinese knowledge, able to read books and newspapers, write letters and compositions.  So I let her catch up with better English and train her to be more independent and confident in ESF further.  

7#
發表於 05-6-28 10:28 |顯示全部帖子

I have seen some boys of my neighbours who learn to speak a lot of fowl words when they joined the secondary, obviously they have to talk the same language in their peer group.  Parents have to go to work all day, the teens just go along with their peers after school here and there, so can easily go wrong.

So choosing a good school with healthy culture and high quality students is really important, I believe, more than considering English or Chinese language used by the school.

8#
發表於 05-6-30 08:50 |顯示全部帖子

[quote]
stccmc 寫道:
阿胡,

其實我的意思只有一個: 長春藤大學或牛劍, 己致工作, 大部份只要"好"英文便夠了, 不須執

9#
發表於 05-7-7 09:02 |顯示全部帖子

阿胡:
Agree very much with you.  I think so far just a few IS can provide balance cirriculum (50/50) for English/Mandarin, Yew Chung is one of them with longer history, and they use IB too.  Some new DSS/private schools have adopted this approach, such as Victoria, PLK CKY. Do you think that this is successful (say if take reference to Yew Chung's graduates)?

10#
發表於 05-7-12 20:35 |顯示全部帖子

ebeltang 寫道:
Hi Cayenne
我好同意你睇法,小朋友炫唔炫耀自己家財就正正反應父母教養,其實小朋友係著重爸媽有無陪伴佢成長

Yes, have seen some kids who like to show off their wealth very much, their parents are out to work all day, and only give them a lot of money to spend, buy as much as they like.  But I just feel that these kids are quite poor as they are very lonely all day, go here and there only with their maids, and their parents don't know what the kids are doing.

11#
發表於 05-7-14 09:31 |顯示全部帖子

The new Pui Kiu is not using IB program, right?  It is not easy to run IB.  I think Pui Kiu is using similar model as Logos, Pegasus etc. , but it use mandarin for Chinese teaching instead of Cantonese.  In terms of native English teachers, PLK CKY have more.  Anyway, all these are new type of local schools, not international.

12#
發表於 05-7-20 12:41 |顯示全部帖子

Yes, ISF's approach seems to be very good.  Where will its new campus be by 2007?

13#
發表於 05-7-21 08:01 |顯示全部帖子

阿胡 寫道:

從小讀中英雙語國際學校是最安全的方法. 既學好了英文, 中文也有一定基礎. 讀中文小學+國際學校, 是效益較大,但也較冒險的一個選擇.

阿胡,

Why you said 讀中文小學+國際學校 is 較冒險?

14#
發表於 05-7-21 09:39 |顯示全部帖子

阿胡,

Thanks.  In fact it is quite a large change from primary to secondary, even in local schools.  Some kids used to be very good or top in primary, but will "slip" in secondary, especially if they join those top elite secondary which intake most top students. Or may be due to the change in studying methods.  I believe parents' support is very important at this stage.  甘做二流學生 or not depends on the kids' character and how the parents teach them.   I always prefer to accept new challenges rather staying on a easy and comfortable route.  It doesn't matter whether we win or not, it is more important if we learn to stand up again after losing.

15#
發表於 05-7-22 17:13 |顯示全部帖子

I think "成績" 與 "學校名氣" may not lead to 個人成就, many popular billionaires are not graduated from famous schools, but agree with Annie that "成績" 與 "學校名氣" are important for winning at least a job opportunity.  Language requirement of different jobs is also different. Success in career of course depends on the person's capability, character and sometimes luck.  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖