用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 FW:英基資助擬削 明年過渡私校 教局倡逐步自負盈虧 ...
樓主: iseult
go

FW:英基資助擬削 明年過渡私校 教局倡逐步自負盈虧 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 11-7-11 14:28 |只看該作者

英基資助擬削

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

22#
發表於 11-7-11 15:50 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

23#
發表於 11-7-12 21:47 |只看該作者
The ESF should submit to government oversight if they continue to accept subsidy. For starters, they should open their accounts for public scrutiny and comparison with, say, DSS schools in terms of financial competence.

24#
發表於 11-7-12 22:06 |只看該作者

回復 2# Brenday 的帖子

針唔拮到肉緊係唔知痛啦, 佢荷包大把嘛!

25#
發表於 11-7-13 10:55 |只看該作者
I think if ESF would like to keep the subsidise from the government, they should review their two tier system. They should open their interview to all the applicants, not only the English speaking kids - tier one. This is fair to all tax payers, at least have a chance for interview, same as other IS. The government gots a lots of complaints of this two tier system and most of them are HK residents and tax payers, if ESF doesn't want to give up their two tier system, the government should stop the subsidise, that will be fair to all the tax payers in HK.

26#
發表於 11-7-13 11:43 |只看該作者
政府晒氣啦... 現時香港直資學校佢地有好好監管盤數咩?? 咩咩直資學校咪又幾十萬起間狗屋看門口, 咪又係咁樣, 仲有好多好多數目混亂佢地唔去理??

44年資助, 而家D貪生怕死/怕揹鑊既官員先搵黎表現唔緊要, 但唔可以唔考慮英基家長既負擔??
明明小朋友入學時清楚了解英基受資助學費每月幾錢先入讀架嘛, 點可以話加就加??

除左對6X%香港納稅人英基家長唔公平外, 其餘外國家長都在港工作有交稅架!!

[ 本帖最後由 yoyobb 於 11-7-13 12:01 編輯 ]

27#
發表於 11-7-13 11:45 |只看該作者

回復 6# BFG 的帖子

英基資助擬削

各位家長,今天五時立法會財務委會討論英基撥款、削資的議題,大家可以E-mail給負責的二十二位財委會議員,表這我們的意見

財務委員會(委員會成員) www.legco.gov.hk/yr09-10/chinese/fc/fc/general/members.htm

[立法會議員通訊錄 www.legco.gov.

[ 本帖最後由 BFG 於 11-7-11 14:42 編輯 ]

SUPPORT SUPPORT !!

[ 本帖最後由 yoyobb 於 11-7-13 11:46 編輯 ]

28#
發表於 11-7-13 16:06 |只看該作者

回復 3# Maxnmiu 的帖子

Totally agreed!

29#
發表於 11-7-13 17:46 |只看該作者
Well said.

原帖由 Maxnmiu 於 11-7-13 10:55 發表
I think if ESF would like to keep the subsidise from the government, they should review their two tier system. They should open their interview to all the applicants, not only the English speaking kid ...

30#
發表於 11-7-13 18:02 |只看該作者
星島日報 – 2011年7月12日星期二上午6:30

立法會教育事務委員會昨就對英基的資助進行討論,有議員指,英基在新時代應尋求新定位,若要得到與本地直資學校看齊的資助,必須接受政府的監管,以確保公帑「用得其所」;議員建議,教育局向英基採用對直資學校的監管模式,但課程上須維持原有的獨特性。出席的教育局官員表示,就英基的資助檢討於本年底完成,認為議員的建議可作為檢討的方向,繼續提供資助,但以直資模式監管。

成立近半世紀的英基,一直都是以提供可負擔的英語教育為宗旨,但教育局在立法會文件中指會審視英基的定位,希望能在不影響教育服務質素情況下,由明年起逐步將英基邁向自負盈虧的運作模式。

立法會議員張文光昨於教育事務委員會上指,英基的定位應隨時代改變,但大前提是要確保現有學生不會受到任何影響。他坦言不反對政府繼續向英基發放資助,但就覺得必須加強監管,以確保公帑運用得宜;同時又建議政府將以監管直資學校的模式應用於英基,但他坦言明白英基提供的是非本地課程,所以同意在課程、師資上有一定自主性,以維持英基的獨特性。

教育局副局長陳維安回應議員提問時表示,無計畫即時撤銷對英基的資助,又指會與英基繼續進行討論,預計檢討最快本年底完成,並提交立法會。出席會議的教育局副秘書長陳美寶補充,議員提出的建議可以作為檢討英基未來定位的方向,包括政府可以繼續提供資助,但以直資模式監管,不過,政府長遠仍然希望英基能邁向獨立自主的模式。

除討論對英基的資助外,會上有議員指,英基的成立其實是為外地來港服務人士的子女提供教育,認為若英基要繼續得到政府資助,就應向外地來港人士的子女預留一定學額,才能令公帑用得其所。

英基主席唐家成昨亦有出席會議,他同意有資助便須接受監管的說法,又指會努力與教育局檢討英基的問題,但就承認若要為外地來港服務人士的子女加開學位存有壓力,他指出現時英基的學生已有一萬二千多人,每班三十人已屬「到頂」,所以若要再加開或預留學額,可能須增建校舍才可應付。

唐家成又指,英基去年約有八億元儲備,但大部分均用作維修,以至重建校舍,現時儲備只足以應付兩至三個月開支,他表示願意繼續與政府討論,期間亦會向家長諮詢,以確保英基財政的透明度。

31#
發表於 11-7-13 18:13 |只看該作者
Agreed with yoyobb:)

I also want to share my view on the admission policy. My kid will study in ESF Year 7 start from this coming Aug. We are the local chinese family (category 2) but still received the offer from ESF. I believe that their application system is not so unfair to HK citizen. Most important, your kid have a good english communication skill will have more chance to be accepted. Remember, this is an English medium school. Normally, they will have the central application for Year 1 and Year 7 in Sept every year.  Simply followed their application procedure, that is, filled up the form together with the kid's profile. Then, they will arrange the examination in Nov to test the student's english level. They will issue the acceptance letter in Feb.

32#
發表於 11-7-14 10:29 |只看該作者
好彩剩番1年!

33#
發表於 11-7-14 11:14 |只看該作者
Even govt keep freezing the subvention as before, the average subsidies per student has been decreasing for 20% in the past few years due to the increase of student nos.  School fee has been increasing at average of 5% per year in the past 6 years.  The increase of fee will be even higher in future due to the higher inflation rate and the large capital funds ESF ask for to reconstruct KGV and Island School.

Personally I only support basic upgrades of campus to meet educational needs.  I don't think KGV should ask parents to fund the $120 million for a world class sport hall and swimming pool.  It's just too luxurious and it's not fair for parents with children studying in other ESF schools to bear a share of such large expense.

Our school fees should be used more in improving the quality of education.

[ 本帖最後由 WYmom 於 11-7-14 11:16 編輯 ]

34#
發表於 11-7-14 11:34 |只看該作者
原帖由 FYLSK 於 11-7-13 10:13 發表
Agreed with yoyobb:)

I also want to share my view on the admission policy. My kid will study in ESF Year 7 start from this coming Aug. We are the local chinese family (category 2) but still received ...

Well, for year 1, usually the school will give the priority to category 1 kids for interview, if they accept all the kids from category 1, there will be no interview offer to the kids in category 2. Don't forget most of the kids in category 2 are HK resident and their parents are HK Chinese and tax payers. I don't think this is fair to everyone. I understand, some of the kids in category 1 are HK resident too and pure HK Chinese but English speaking is the first language because their parent train them up since they started speak. Maybe English speaking is the main different between the kids in two categories, then why don't ESF open their interview to all applicants and test their English speaking ability. For Category 2 kids at least can get a chance for interview.

35#
發表於 11-7-14 13:00 |只看該作者
My kid only had assessment in Nov but no further interview. I dont know if there is any difference between Y1 and Y7.  :)
‹ 上一主題|下一主題