教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF kinder
發新帖
查看: 3395|回覆: 12
go

ESF kinder [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-10-16 21:45 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear parents,

I've heard that the quality of ESF kinder is not so good. Those hwo let  their children to go to ESF kinder is only because they can get the priority in the ESF primary interview.
Is that true or not?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-10-17 00:26 |只看該作者
原帖由 poonamy 於 10-10-16 21:45 發表
Dear parents,

I've heard that the quality of ESF kinder is not so good. Those hwo let  their children to go to ESF kinder is only because they can get the priority in the ESF primary interview.
Is th ...

It depends which ESF kindy you are going to.  You cannot compare IS to local kindy either.

If you are expecting the teacher to make children sit down at a desk, write and learn phonics like some local kindy, ESF is not the school for you.  My son goes to ESF kindy and he loves it.  His classroom has more discipline than Tutortime, which he used to go to.  It took him some time to adjust to it.

[ 本帖最後由 lottieclee 於 10-10-17 00:29 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 10-10-17 01:35 |只看該作者
Same as lottieclee, my girl is in ESF kinder now.  She loves her school a lot.  Nice teachers with weekly newsletter to update us what is going on in school.  They apply a theme approach to link their teaching.  Discipline is not loose indeed.  They remind kids to say please, thanks etc.  Request my girl to raise up her hands before asking questions.  They also encourage kids to take care themselves like putting on socks and shoes on their own.  Other than the priority, I am sure your kids will get more than you might have expected in the past.

I am happy with the school, really.

quote]原帖由 poonamy 於 10-10-16 21:45 發表
Dear parents,

Is th ... [/quote]

4#
發表於 10-10-17 08:31 |只看該作者
I consider to let my child to go to the WKS ESF kinder.
(not sure which ESF kinder)I've heard that there is a lot of time to let the child play by themselves. The teaches most of the time only observe them to play and there is not much interaction.
Is that true? Is there a lot of time for the child to use English to communicate?

5#
發表於 10-10-17 15:20 |只看該作者
原帖由 poonamy 於 10-10-17 08:31 發表
I consider to let my child to go to the WKS ESF kinder.
(not sure which ESF kinder)I've heard that there is a lot of time to let the child play by themselves. The teaches most of the time only observe ...

My gal has started to go to WKS ESF Since Aug this year.  She admires her class teacher so muchhhhhhhh.  She keeps mentioning things that happened in the class and always acts as her teacher at home!!!  

Also I found that kids would speak English to each other naturally.  

So I guess there should be much interaction between the teachers and classmates...

6#
發表於 10-10-18 10:16 |只看該作者
Same here. My daughter was in K1 since Aug. She enjoys going to school everyday. The teachers do discipline the kids. Kids have to take out their communication handbook and snack box by themselves everyday in the relevant areas and put a post written which has their name on it and independently drop into the post box, as a "check in" process.

yes, you may find there is no books or worksheet for them, but once you comply with the weekly updates from the school intranet, you will notice actually they do learn a lot of vocabularies and activities been done at school! Like last month during Mid-Autumn, my daughter could even tell me the story of Mid autumn day and how to make mooncakes!

原帖由 t88amb 於 10-10-17 15:20 發表

My gal has started to go to WKS ESF Since Aug this year.  She admires her class teacher so muchhhhhhhh.  She keeps mentioning things that happened in the class and always acts as her teacher at home ...

7#
發表於 10-10-20 22:02 |只看該作者
Dear all,
Thank you for the information!
I'd like to ask one more thing: I'd say my son's English standard is fair. He can understand and follow the instructions but he is weak in speaking. I'm now considering to let him join the ESF K1 now. (not satisfy about the kinder he is now studying) Will he be difficult to adapt and will it be too late to brush up his English? (I aim at the ESF/PIS/other IS)

8#
發表於 10-10-21 00:26 |只看該作者
Happy to see quite a number of happy ESF moms here as in the past most conversation was simply related to the priority for primary interview.  

原帖由 hibiscus 於 10-10-18 10:16 發表
Same here. My daughter was in K1 since Aug. She enjoys going to school everyday. The teachers do discipline the kids. Kids have to take out their communication handbook and snack box by themselves eve ...

9#
發表於 10-10-21 05:20 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

10#
發表於 10-10-22 01:59 |只看該作者
原帖由 poonamy 於 10-10-20 22:02 發表
Dear all,
Thank you for the information!
I'd like to ask one more thing: I'd say my son's English standard is fair. He can understand and follow the instructions but he is weak in speaking. I'm now co ...

As far as we all know... there are still spaces in ESF WKS for this academic year.  Don't worry too much about the english... kids mix in and will work themselves out.  If you are looking for the priority interview.. you would need to start at ESF in Jan the latest, otherwise, you do not qualify for the priority interview (the child needs to be in a ESF kindy for at least 2 terms at time of primary school application, which is next september).  Winter and Summer terms makes up for your 2 terms.

My son is going to the mid-term sports camp this week and he enjoys it sooooo much.

11#
發表於 10-10-25 17:12 |只看該作者
原帖由 xx33 於 10-10-21 05:20 發表

My girl started in WKS ESF this September, actuallly I applied after school started.  There are form you had to fill in, what language you son usually speak/u usually speak at home/the language of t ...

Nice to meet you....my gal is in KooKaburra class!

12#
發表於 10-11-16 00:47 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

13#
發表於 10-11-17 17:09 |只看該作者
Great to 'meet' more WKS ESF parents here.  Earlier this year when it's time for admission to ESF primary, I heard lots of -ve comments on WKS mainly about the teaching quality and the success rate of getting in ESF primary as compared with other ESF kinder.  Can anyone share more on these 2 points?  

I've applied for TY K1 for my kids but I guess the chance is minimal as Cat 2 if I apply for other campuses.  See if it is worthwhile to switch the application to WKS....

Thanks!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題