有時真係唔知D finance blog writer條數計

***若你唔使到外國用錢,可能唔知港紙跟美金跌之後,幾唔見使,要供子女在外國讀書的父母就知,已開始有入哂肉的感覺。…*

如果遲D美金升返上去, 唔知佢到時會唔會話去外國 ...

出國留學,靈魂有冇增值/減值?幾錢兩?等臨死秤o下至知...

42#
發表於 09-12-12 14:36 |只看該作者
原帖由 lottieclee 於 09-12-11 23:50 發表
I feel for the story above.  Here's mine to share:

My parents sent me to UK for beginning Yr 8 because I could not keep up with the chinese in the "famous" all girls convent local school which was al ...

It is nice to have lottieclee's sharing with her learning experience. She was lucky enough to try different education systems. She has caring and resourceful parents, and successfully found her own path. However, most HK families may not be that better off to raise their kids without worring about their own financial future. Many parents like mine work days and nights to put their children into university, hoping for them to have better prospects.

I understand parents will put most resources on the kids education without asking for pay back. But there are also practical things to consider when it comes to life.

43#
發表於 09-12-12 17:29 |只看該作者
I agree... and you cannot measure what you are doing for your child right now.  I don't think my parents did.  According to my father, he was doing what grandma did.  My grandma was illiterate, and she lined up outside La Salle cuz she saw parents lining up and it must be a good school.  My dad got in for P.6 then.  Better life for the family when my dad graduated F.7; although there was not enough money for him to go to uni in Canada (which he was accepted for medical school).  He cried over it and kept the acceptance letter in his safe till NOW!

My parents did what they did because they wanted a better life for me (now I am 30+ and understands!)  But when I was sent to boarding school in UK, seeing friends going out with their parents during the weekend and all I had was talking to my parents for 10 minutes a week, was heartbreaking!

No with my own son, I see what it is.  We, as modern parents, can only do what we think is best for them, as of this moment... as much as we can afford.  My parents put me in a position where I am lucky to not worry about finances to send my son to IS.  I am also luckier than some of you, my mother-in-law doesn't understand a thing about what my son says (english of course) and doesn't complain!  My husband, after school visits, have decided that he doesn't like local education systems.  I still have my worries, I worry about which IS to send my son to.  Let's face it... we parents are greedy... but just for the better!

原帖由 hifing 於 09-12-12 14:36 發表

It is nice to have lottieclee's sharing with her learning experience. She was lucky enough to try different education systems. She has caring and resourceful parents, and successfully found her  ...

44#
發表於 09-12-12 17:52 |只看該作者
Sorry... we seemed to have forgotten msbeauty who started the thread.

Let's just say.... if you believe your decision is right, then go ahead with your believe and believe in it all the way.  I have learnt that with HK education system, there is no looking back.

My parents do a lot of "sharing" at church about our family, my brother and I.  Every time they cried because they didn't know if it was the right decision.  I am not as "glamarous" as it seems on the skin.  I had been through hard times too, like any teenagers.  I was, and probably still am, a pain in the butt !

原帖由 msbeauty 於 09-12-9 15:13 發表
Actually I decide to plan my son to study IS, however after observing some of my friends (which is more richer than me, higher demanding towards their children and higher acedmic qualification), ALL o ...

45#
發表於 09-12-12 18:29 |只看該作者
係law, 你覺得做得對咪就去做law, 唔好理其他人講咩

就好似我咁, 我識有d人, 話我.  好心你lar, 英文又唔得, 都唔知點解你會比2個小朋友去讀.睇下你點同d miss溝通.我都唔會理佢地, 因為我老公英文得, 而間學校d老師及職員又好, 找不到老公, 就找個識中文的跟我溝通law

so, d閒雜人等, 可以不理

46#
發表於 09-12-13 12:13 |只看該作者

◤全港直資「一條龍」英文中小學◢

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
‹ 上一主題|下一主題