密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 I feel frustrated....
查看: 6357|回覆: 45
go

I feel frustrated.... [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-12-9 15:13 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Actually I decide to plan my son to study IS, however after observing some of my friends (which is more richer than me, higher demanding towards their children and higher acedmic qualification), ALL of them also put send their children to Local schools.

When I talked to those friends about my decision, they also remind me that the Burden will be extremely large, and my son cannot return to Local school if he cannot catch up, and finanlly needs to study aboard.  

Then I start to think, does my decision correct?  Even the richer people also haven't chosen IS, it seems to me that 沒有咁大個頭, 就不要戴咁大頂帽.

(Actually I am just from Lower Middle Class, I cannot afford too much study fees)

I am now getting frustrated...
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-12-9 15:38 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

3#
發表於 09-12-9 15:40 |只看該作者
原帖由 msbeauty 於 09-12-9 15:13 發表
Actually I decide to plan my son to study IS, however after observing some of my friends (which is more richer than me, higher demanding towards their children and higher acedmic qualification), ALL o ...

Most probably, I'm poorer than you but i must be luckier than you that i have no richer friends (or more precisely, i have no more friends after having 2 children).

4#
發表於 09-12-9 15:46 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽

5#
發表於 09-12-9 16:03 |只看該作者
A lot of rich people like their kids to enjoy free education because it is free. Some of my friends are like that. Their kids are just studying in some non-famous traditional schools through the central allocation scheme. I am not saying who is right or wrong. It is just a measure of the value of money in one’s eyes. Some people are not mean in pursuing high-quality living standards (big house and new brand cars etc.) but they could be very mean on their kids’ education. Some friends may be jealous of parents sending kids to IS and saying the other way round to frustrate the parents. In fact, it may not be easy to get into good IS and richer people does not necessarily mean their kids can get into IS more easily (I only agree if they are very very….. very rich)

The above is just my view and I am also not saying your friends are like that. You said your friends are demanding on their kids. In what aspects? Did you ask them? What sort of local schools they are studying? Did you ask them why they put them in local schools? Is it just because of the long-term financial burden? Or in fact, the local schools their kids are studying are famous?

I think you need to set your objective clearly on why you make a decision for your kids to go to IS. If you think this is the best and most suitable education to your kids, you should go ahead unless you are saying you cannot afford at the firs instance.

I am also from lower middle class family and I can say all the family’s monthly income goes to the kids’ education and mortgage repayment (and of course basic needs such as food) and we have no other spare money. What we need to do is to earn money to pay their tuition fees. It is too difficult and too far away to predict for the future. I also do not agree that they cannot revert to local school but just that it may be a bit difficult.
原帖由 msbeauty 於 09-12-9 15:13 發表
Actually I decide to plan my son to study IS, however after observing some of my friends (which is more richer than me, higher demanding towards their children and higher acedmic qualification), ALL o ...

6#
發表於 09-12-9 16:08 |只看該作者
原帖由 reneeleung 於 09-12-9 15:46 發表
  You are right! I also confused and frustrated after talking with another parents.

There are thousands reasons not going to IS; Here are some examples:
1. Staying in local school u can save >HK$1M,enough for studying University abroad;
2. U can buy a bigger apartment, a new SUV, a new dog, a new 2奶, travelling aboard twice a year....if not letting your children go to IS;
2. "Look at me! I'm rich and still choosing local, not following me loser!" Rich parents say;
3. XXX,YYY,ZZZ are successful cases in local school, so no need to go to IS....
Get frustrated again?

7#
發表於 09-12-9 16:24 |只看該作者
I think my sister family is kind of well off in HK standard. Her son and daughter are studying in DBS and DGS. The son just got 7A2B in the HKCEE. And most importantly I don't think they are falling into the negative category of rich people that some people said here. They are just ordinary people and love their children. It is just 'different people make different choices'. But of course, parents should try their best to make good decisions for their children.

8#
發表於 09-12-9 16:35 |只看該作者
原帖由 hifing 於 09-12-9 16:24 發表
I think my sister family is kind of well off in HK standard. Her son and daughter are studying in DBS and DGS. The son just got 7A2B in the HKCEE. And most importantly I don't think they are falling i ...

100% Agree. I'm not going to label all rich people (Rich is not sin. I want to be one of them ,too) negatively but such examples are not uncommon around us.

9#
發表於 09-12-9 16:40 |只看該作者
Thanks for your sharing.  Yes, what I mean high demanding is, some of my friends are very care and concerned their studies.  They are willing to pay more on their child, like sending them to dance class, piano, drawing, swimming etc...   

Their child are now studying some of Band 1 Very Famous Local School.  But they also didn't consider IS, and never think of IS before.  After asking the reasons, they said, "Large Burden, cannot return to local stream and quite freedom (not academic) studying in IS ... etc."

Honestly, I will be confused if my decision is correct.  And since all of my friends choose Local School (even my sister also hasn't considered IS), I got no support.  I think I will be "Lonely" that I cannot share with them as the study path is different.

10#
發表於 09-12-9 17:04 |只看該作者
原帖由 msbeauty 於 09-12-9 16:40 發表
Thanks for your sharing.  Yes, what I mean high demanding is, some of my friends are very care and concerned their studies.  They are willing to pay more on their child, like sending them to dance cla ...

so, have u asked yourself "why do u want your son studying in IS?"
If u cannot persuade and support yourself then maybe u will feel more comfortable with local school.

11#
發表於 09-12-9 17:56 |只看該作者
原帖由 oooray 於 09-12-9 17:04 發表

so, have u asked yourself "why do u want your son studying in IS?"
If u cannot persuade and support yourself then maybe u will feel more comfortable with local school.

Yes, I also asked my myself.  But there are many pros and cons.  But I prefer IS than Local.  The major reasons are,

1) I need his English more Fluent
2) I hope he can have creatively and worldwide thinking

Of course, once I choose IS, I know the budget will be so large.  I predict I will not have spare $$.  But I still insist to send.  But just feel "Lonely" as no one can be shared with...

12#
發表於 09-12-9 18:11 |只看該作者

回覆 11# msbeauty 的文章

13#
發表於 09-12-9 18:53 |只看該作者
原帖由 msbeauty 於 09-12-9 17:56 發表

Yes, I also asked my myself.  But there are many pros and cons.  But I prefer IS than Local.  The major reasons are,

2) I hope he can have creatively and worldwi ...

Everyone has his/her own plan, value judgement etc. on one's own family and kids, you know what is best for your kids and others won't be able to decide for you.  My relatives' kids all study in local schools while mine are in IS.  I don't have any "lonely" feelings as I have confidence in my decisions and in my kids.  When my kids dine out with those relatives, they start to appreciate that my kids have developed very good reading and writing skills from their schools and one of my nephew also switches from local to IS now.

Whichever schools your kids join, you won't be lonely as there will be many other parents in the schools sharing experience with you and they can also be your good friends.

[ 本帖最後由 WYmom 於 09-12-9 18:55 編輯 ]

14#
發表於 09-12-9 19:16 |只看該作者
原帖由 oooray 於 09-12-9 15:40 發表

Most probably, I'm poorer than you but i must be luckier than you that i have no richer friends (or more precisely, i have no more friends after having 2 children).

...............oooray........ that's sound more frustrated.

15#
發表於 09-12-9 19:22 |只看該作者

we are not alone.

16#
發表於 09-12-9 19:25 |只看該作者
原帖由 蜜蜜 於 09-12-9 19:16 發表

...............oooray........ that's sound more frustrated.

We dedicate all our time to our children while they are growing up. nothing is more important than that...I do enjoy that.

17#
發表於 09-12-9 19:28 |只看該作者

msbeauty, i also don't have any friend sending their children to IS, i also do not have anyone to share with, but i'm so clear that i want my daughter to study in IS, even if i have no spare money after all. because, i want my daughter to have a happier childhood, i want her to enjoy her own time, i want her to study because she loves to study, i want her to think wisely, i want her to compete to herself in stead of other schoolmates, i want her to have her own choice on what she wants to learn. that's why, no matter how difficult it is, i want her to stay in IS.
besides, i grown up in a famous local school in HK, i understand how it runs and frustrated to the local stream education. trust yourself, believe in ur decision.

18#
發表於 09-12-9 19:31 |只看該作者
原帖由 oooray 於 09-12-9 19:25 發表

We dedicate all our time to our children while they are growing up. nothing is more important than that...I do enjoy that.

oooray, i understand. honestly speaking, i don't have much friends after having a kid, but lucky enough to keep in touch with some old schoolmates who became 契媽s of my kid, and lucky enough to meet some new friends while attending playgroups with my daughter.

19#
發表於 09-12-9 21:36 |只看該作者
其實現在越來越多人揀IS,而且唔係一定個個都好有錢先讀,只係用晒D錢在子女教育上,自己慳D,住細D CHEAP D的屋,所以你唔係孤單一個的。我好自豪為左個女讀書可以放棄其他享受,唔似得我有個FRIEND(人工大家差唔多)又換新車,又去幾次旅行,又有錢買基金,買野都唔駛左踱右踱,佢重話唔明我為什麼俾晒D錢呀女唔留番俾自己,攪到我再自豪D呢!

[ 本帖最後由 hoeve 於 09-12-9 21:37 編輯 ]
桐桐於9月20日出世 歡迎參觀桐桐的網頁

20#
發表於 09-12-10 01:15 |只看該作者
我都無親戚朋友的小朋友在IS讀書,即使parents-in-law 哦左我2年,叫我同佢地轉local school。(大仔今年K2) 其實其他人的說話為自己做成的無聊壓力都幾大架!但我深信自己小朋友在IS至少會有一個快樂童年。講真,佢地之後讀書叻唔叻,無論佢地讀local school, 定係IS,我都唔敢寫包單。

其實,如果細心計下數,讀IS唔一定貴過local school好多。讀local school唔多唔少都擔心佢的成績,於是中英數都要補習,加埋分分鐘5-6千!咪即係等如IS的學費!
http://www.snugglepie.com/ezb/153827.png[/img]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題