用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 SC vs KV vs Victoria, how would you rank?
查看: 9239|回覆: 36
go

SC vs KV vs Victoria, how would you rank? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-12-5 15:38 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
how would you rank these offers?
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-12-5 15:53 |只看該作者
my ranking is KV > Victoria > SC

3#
發表於 09-12-5 22:16 |只看該作者
KV > Victoria > SC

KV: 中英數十分平均
Victoria: teaching in small class

4#
發表於 09-12-5 22:32 |只看該作者
My ranking is SC > KV > Victoria

SC - English very strong
KV - Chinese and Maths very strong but operate in black box model.  They don't meet with parents.
Victor - May be good for international school but not very good for traditional school.

5#
發表於 09-12-5 22:36 |只看該作者
I will rank in this way
SC> KV> Victoria

SC_good academic + good Eng
KV_good academic + more traditional
Victoria_good Eng, but may not easy to adapt to traditional primary school

6#
發表於 09-12-6 08:13 |只看該作者
Victoria > KV >SC

Victoria:
英文強,小班教學,有NET+2位老師做班主任,照顧周到,老師學歷高(教育局資料顯示: 三間學校中,以Victoria 較多老師有教育學位) ,注重探索精神,訓練出來的小朋友較具自信,校園設施及環境好。可惜學費最貴。

KV:
校風純樸,谷學術好,中、英、數三科培訓平均,不會像Victoria 較重注英文。學費價錢合理。惜大班教學,學生周顧比Victoria少。

SC:
谷學術好,大大班教學(班房比KV迫),商業化得來質素一般,照顧欠周到。學費比KV貴,但較Victoria平。

以上資料來源:
Victoria:阿B讀緊。
KV:細佬讀過
SC:自己讀過

其實三間都係好學校,好難比較,好睇家長想自己細路有哪一種教育。

[ 本帖最後由 charmmykitty 於 09-12-6 08:17 編輯 ]

7#
發表於 09-12-6 08:33 |只看該作者
Charmmykitty,

Would you mind to tell me more about your experience in Victoria, say how many students in a class taken care by the teachers and are you intended to have your child to get in their international school rather than those tranditional type as I heard that their education method makes children hard to adapt to the traditional type of school.

I just got an offer for the E/P of the Victoria, but still considering as I am concerned about the connection to the primary route.

原帖由 charmmykitty 於 09-12-6 08:13 發表
Victoria > KV >SC

Victoria:
英文強,小班教學,有NET+2位老師做班主任,照顧周到,老師學歷高(教育局資料顯示: 三間學校中,以Victoria 較多老師有教育學位) ,注重探索精神,訓練出來的小朋友較具自信,校園設施及環境好。可惜 ...

8#
發表於 09-12-6 08:46 |只看該作者
i am also facing the same problem.  From the allocation result on web, most of the student will go to their own primary school.  Any comment is welcome.

thanks

9#
發表於 09-12-6 09:24 |只看該作者
點會呀!!亞囡喺KV讀第3年,每日湊返/放學大把機會同老師傾,再唔係,電話傾又得。要返工嘅家長,如果平時想約老師傾,星期六可以約老師喺學校或電話慢慢傾都得。而每年亦有3次家長日,絕對冇可能"They don't meet with parents"。

原帖由 tilden 於 09-12-5 22:32 發表

SC - English very strong
KV - Chinese and Maths very strong but operate in black box model.  They don't meet with parents.
Victor - May be good for international sch ...

10#
發表於 09-12-6 09:35 |只看該作者
but I see this web :
http://chsc.edb.hkedcity.net/kindergarten/index.php

SC  -  1:9.5
KV   - 1:14.2      

原帖由 charmmykitty 於 09-12-6 08:13 發表
Victoria > KV >SC

Victoria:
英文強,小班教學,有NET+2位老師做班主任,照顧周到,老師學歷高(教育局資料顯示: 三間學校中,以Victoria 較多老師有教育學位) ,注重探索精神,訓練出來的小朋友較具自信,校園設施及環境好。可惜 ...

11#
發表於 09-12-6 11:25 |只看該作者
Do you have kid is studying at Kentville?

If yes, would you mind to share how Kentville doesn't meet with parents and operate in black box model as you said? If not, how can you sure Kentville doesn't meet with parents? Thanks.

原帖由 tilden 於 09-12-5 22:32 發表

SC - English very strong
Victor - May be good for international sch ...

12#
發表於 09-12-6 13:33 |只看該作者
1) KV
2) VICT
3) SC
Actually i dontl like SC at all. the teachers are very not nice. if you has applied these schools before, u will know SC discrimate parents' education most. only SC requires parents'education background (primary & secondary only wor). no need to input u. level. i think u should know why la.  KV is the most fair school.  so i will pick KV if i can.

13#
發表於 09-12-6 17:39 |只看該作者
My friend's daughter have just graduated from KV. She did went to a good Primary School.  Blackbox model is the comment from my friend.  KV doesn't have Parent-Teacher Committee.  Communication between parents and teachers are mainly via notices or student handbook.  They don't even have a website to tell you the basic information about the kindergarten.

Here is the blog from a parent who chose better KV and SC for your reference is (http://ying_ying415.mysinablog.com/index.php?op=ViewArticle&articleId=1479848).

[ 本帖最後由 tilden 於 09-12-6 17:50 編輯 ]

14#
發表於 09-12-6 18:39 |只看該作者
For the KV parents, how do you comments when parents provide suggestions or questions regarding the curriculum or children performance.  are they willing to discuss?  

In fact I had very bad impression to SC's interviewrs even I got the offer, the interviewers were so cool all the way during the interviews, if that's one of the settings in order to test on the kids, i think that's not so appropriate especially to a first time meeting with a 2 years old kid.   also, considering the environment, i'd rank the school in this order...  Vic > KV > SC.  but lots of msgs from people around saying that it's the best path to get into DGJS because it's more easy to get into CCKG, but is that really true?  so the percentage is higher compared to KV's and Vic's?

for victoria, heard of so many different channels.  some ppl said the curriculum is a bit more easy compared to SC and KV.  if more into the international, will that be better just simply go to international school like ESF , ICS..... etc?   

原帖由 tilden 於 09-12-6 17:39 發表
My friend's daughter have just graduated from KV. She did went to a good Primary School.  Blackbox model is the comment from my friend.  KV doesn't have Parent-Teacher Committee.  Communication betwee ...

15#
發表於 09-12-6 22:22 |只看該作者
原帖由 huielaine 於 09-12-6 18:39 發表
but lots of msgs from people around saying that it's the best path to get into DGJS because it's more easy to get into CCKG, but is that really true? ...

Very good question!  Children starts K1 in September.  CCKG interviews start in Nov/Dec in the same year.  What will the children learn in  2-3 months?  I think it shouldn't make any different.

You said that the teacher was not nice when she interviewed your child.  However the teacher who interviewed my little girl was nice.  As there are so many teachers (83) in SC, I believe not every single of them will be very nice at all time.  This will be true for other KG too.

16#
發表於 09-12-6 23:54 |只看該作者
原帖由 chingchingb.ma 於 09-12-6 09:24 發表
點會呀!!亞囡喺KV讀第3年,每日湊返/放學大把機會同老師傾,再唔係,電話傾又得。要返工嘅家長,如果平時想約老師傾,星期六可以約老師喺學校或電話慢慢傾都得。而每年亦有3次家長日,絕對冇可能"They don't meet with par ...

Agree...teacher says at each academic year to call them if you want to ask about kid progress.  You can chat with them when you see them at school.    Very informal chats are the best for information on progress and how to help with progress.

Black box...these are 3-5 yr kids...not airplanes...the curriculum is simple start with basics...ABC, 123, simple Chinese characters...by end of the KG the kids should be able to write simple paragraphs in Chinese and English and do moderate level maths.

17#
發表於 09-12-6 23:59 |只看該作者
原帖由 tilden 於 09-12-6 22:22 發表

Very good question!  Children starts K1 in September.  CCKG interviews start in Nov/Dec in the same year.  What will the children learn in  2-3 months?  I think it shouldn't make any different.

You ...

Agree, but kids have their KG interviews almost a year before attending K1, in 1 yr 2 yr olds will make big changes.   From other topics CCKG interview is so simple that I cannot see the how they choose...so I guess more like connection or religious affiliation is more important.

18#
發表於 09-12-7 17:15 |只看該作者
1) KV
2) Victoria
3) SC

原帖由 huielaine 於 09-12-5 15:38 發表
how would you rank these offers?

19#
發表於 09-12-7 17:59 |只看該作者
Victoria --> KV --> SC

20#
發表於 09-12-7 23:43 |只看該作者
SC > KV > Victoria

SC and KV are both strong in academics. English standard of Victoria is quite good but my friend (whose's son is studying in Vic) told that the general standard of the school is not that high when she compared it with SC & KV. Also, it can be reflected in the P1 admission result of the three schools.

When you look at Victoria's, not many kids are admitted to top schools. Most pupils go to Vic's primary school. But if those parents intend to let children go for international curriculum, why not go for "more famous" int's schools?

SC & KV are of the same rank. Personally prefer SC cause of its better English environment and more lively curriculum. Just personal views.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題