用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 如個小朋友好聰明學野怏, local谷行佢定int.等佢多D發展 ...
發新帖
查看: 1870|回覆: 12
go

如個小朋友好聰明學野怏, local谷行佢定int.等佢多D發展? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-5-25 19:22 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
should provide her a chance to apply some good local school?  Or choose international one to let her develop her talent in different aspect?
pls advise~
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-5-25 19:38 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

3#
發表於 09-5-25 20:13 |只看該作者
Thanks for your prompt reply.

Any int kinder recommand? we're living in shatin. heard that ESF kinder is good and got a higher chance to enter their elemantary, however the school fee is relatively high.

how about ICS? heard that all kids are cheerful and well-behave, but they are relatively weak in academia, please correct me if I'm wrong especially to those ICS parent.

thanks~

原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-5-25 19:38 發表
Never try the local school if you have a choice. Local can only 谷 the students memorizing those limited and not much useful knowledge within the text books.

In IS, your kid can learn how to explore  ...

4#
發表於 09-5-25 21:34 |只看該作者
If I remember correctly, the ICS school fee is slightly higher than that of ESF.

原帖由 rororolee 於 09-5-25 20:13 發表
Thanks for your prompt reply.

Any int kinder recommand? we're living in shatin. heard that ESF kinder is good and got a higher chance to enter their elemantary, however the school fee is relatively h ...

5#
發表於 09-5-25 22:22 |只看該作者
As far as I know, seems like school fee in ICS kinder is around $4000 while ESF kinder is around $5500, Am I correct?

原帖由 jjd 於 09-5-25 21:34 發表
If I remember correctly, the ICS school fee is slightly higher than that of ESF.

6#
發表於 09-5-25 22:47 |只看該作者
ESF schools are the "more affordable" among many IS schools.

Don't know about ICS, but should be more, perhaps as the grades go higher, (not just kindergarten) it should be more expensive than ESF. Look further.

I believe whether your child should go to local or IS.... (I had this same question for 2 years...) depends truly on, the personality of your child, the learning style and approach of your child, the language spoken/exposure at home, what your plans are for his university, (Is it in HK or overseas)? What is your budget for school per year? And most important question of all, can your child be TOLD what to do, and do you have TIME to do homework, revision dictation, and memorizing... ? (That's local school)

If you can't see yourslef spending all your spare time with your child at the desk, or hiring a tutor 3-5 days a week to assist in the homework.... then you have your answer, your child must go to IS.

Not for his benefit, but for the sanity of your household.

I know SO many families, after the child goes to IS from a local school, the husband and wife don't argue everyday anymore, the wife doesn't have to yell and scream at her kid anymore, they have family days on weekends, and the child has time to be "a child".

That's what I see, time and time again.

So, I made MY decision after all the P1 interviews, and chasing after the certs, and all the admission procedures..... it's IS for my child.

7#
發表於 09-5-25 22:47 |只看該作者
Y not visit the official website for answer?http://www.ics.edu.hk/En/Pub/schools_admissions_FormsFees.aspx?id=26

more efficient than wide  guessing

8#
發表於 09-5-25 23:35 |只看該作者
Hi Pianokc,

Thanks for your concise and conclusive opinion.

My kid is a gentle and outgoing girl who speaks mostly in English at home. she likes reading, playing puzzle while she likes dancing, singing, making funny joke with us. It's the fact that she has both active and quitescent charactor, seems like both local and IS are suitable for her which really confusing me.

It's true that money is not a concern as we think the quality of learning and teaching for a kid are far more important than anything.

Would you mind to tell has your child been in the famous local kindergarden before and could talk fluent English? I was gratified he/she is so briliant that could get a place in IS,  it's not easy to get a seat in IS primary who are from local kinder as told by many parents in BK.  

Anyway she is going to int nursing soon....let see~~

原帖由 Pianokc 於 09-5-25 22:47 發表
ESF schools are the "more affordable" among many IS schools.

Don't know about ICS, but should be more, perhaps as the grades go higher, (not just kindergarten) it should be more expensive than ESF.  ...

9#
發表於 09-5-26 02:02 |只看該作者
hi rorolee,

yes, we speak 90% English at home, her 1st lang is English, and she goes to a top brand kindy in Kowloon Tong. After the 3 years in Kindy, she's been accepted into some name brand Primary local schools, but I have decided to let her go to IS.

She's very creative, intelligent, curious, and very active... the 3 years in this kindy have given her a lot, but I foresee her much happier, and will hopefully develop an independent character/personality in an IS rather than being told what to do, and what to think in a local school.

Hope I am right in this decision.

10#
發表於 09-5-26 10:14 |只看該作者
原帖由 Pianokc 於 09-5-25 22:47 發表
.......So, I made MY decision after all the P1 interviews, and chasing after the certs, and all the admission procedures..... it's IS for my child.

That's exactly what I have been doing for my daughter, trying to prepare her for P1 interview in the coming school year. Very hectic, although most of the cert that she obtained are something that she personally enjoys.  

I observe my girl is very creative, self-confidence (although she doesn't express this quality enough in a verbal way), energetic, and active, so her teachers from a local kinder often told me she can't sit still etc....this and that.  However at home, she could be ver concentrated when playing lego, puzzles, reading books.  I'm thinking about if I should let her to go to some non-traditional schools or IS because I'm more and more believing that local schools will gradually suppress her creativity.  The problem now I'm facing is since we sent her to local kinder, we've been trying to let her speak cantonese more fluently in order to meet the standard of those P1 interviews, since then her proficiency in english is behind what she used to be.

May you share with me which IS that you sent your daughter to?  I understand that it's very difficult to get admitted to IS in primary levels as only a few spaces will be left.  So I worry that despite about my daughter's english proficiency, the available spaces for competition were so few that should I give up application for IS?

Can you share more?

thanks
daisy17772

11#
發表於 09-5-26 10:46 |只看該作者
Sorry if I have provided incorrect information.  What I meant were the fees at primary level.  True if you are talking about the 2 years in kinder but ICS is more expensive in the long run.  But if money is not a problem, you should think about what your study plans are for your child when considering ESF/ICS.  ICS runs US curriculum while ESF runs IB.

原帖由 rororolee 於 09-5-25 22:22 發表
As far as I know, seems like school fee in ICS kinder is around $4000 while ESF kinder is around $5500, Am I correct?

12#
發表於 09-5-28 17:18 |只看該作者
如果唔係$$ o既問題,我都可能會揀IS(不過好似都唔到自己揀,聽講依家IS勁難入 )

原帖由 rororolee 於 09-5-25 19:22 發表
should provide her a chance to apply some good local school?  Or choose international one to let her develop her talent in different aspect?
pls advise~

13#
發表於 09-5-28 18:38 |只看該作者
I have seen some smart one who are equally good in English and Chinese(mandarin/Cantonese).  Anyways, you can focus on those school which conduct the interview in English.

原帖由 daisy17772 於 09-5-26 10:14 發表

That's exactly what I have been doing for my daughter, trying to prepare her for P1 interview in the coming school year. Very hectic, although most of the cert that she obtained are something that s ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題