用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RC學生除來自ESF kinder 外,有無來自 local kinder? ...
樓主: rororolee
go

RC學生除來自ESF kinder 外,有無來自 local kinder? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-3-28 21:03 |只看該作者
原帖由 Santa_Maria 於 09-3-28 20:24 發表
May I know the interview detail for Year 2?

My kid will be attend the Year 2 interview.

He come from international stream kindergarten and no difficulit to speak English and without fear due to show ...

i have no idea about that (my kid only attended Year 1 interview only)bu may check some information from ESF website regarding language requirement for Year2 admission. Although RC is a PIS (different from ESF primary), I believe their requirement are more or less the same.
For your case, i don't think you need to worry too much because teachers there are well experienced to assess applicant's English level through the interview.

22#
發表於 09-3-28 22:43 |只看該作者
原帖由 oooray 於 09-3-28 21:03 發表

i have no idea about that (my kid only attended Year 1 interview only)bu may check some information from ESF website regarding language requirement for Year2 admission. Although RC is a PIS (differen ...

Many thanks to your advise. May I know more about the RC?
How about the workload for the student?
How many exam per year?

My kid just have the continue asscessment since K2, I 'm worry about that he can familiar the "exam" format in Primary School.

Once again, many thanks for the advise.

23#
發表於 09-3-28 23:00 |只看該作者
原帖由 Santa_Maria 於 09-3-28 22:43 發表

Many thanks to your advise. May I know more about the RC?
How about the workload for the student?
How many exam per year?

My kid just have the continue asscessment since K2, I 'm worry about that  ...

sorry not providing more info as my daughter has not joined the school. maybe other parents can help or u can search other threads in this forum. quite a lot of discussion about RC here.
Enjoy!

24#
發表於 09-3-28 23:42 |只看該作者
原帖由 oooray 於 09-3-28 23:00 發表

sorry not providing more info as my daughter has not joined the school. maybe other parents can help or u can search other threads in this forum. quite a lot of discussion about RC here.
Enjoy!

Many thanks.

25#
發表於 09-3-29 06:22 |只看該作者
Dear parents,

Thanks so much for your valuable opinions and suggestions. my girl in going to nursery in this coming Aug, I'll put her in a "real" int. school for that. still thinking whether I should put her in ESF kinder, ICS kinder or just what I told before like St cat., Victoria...etc....It seems to me that there are only a few RC students came from local kinder, most of them are from int. one.

To be honest, I'm a pretty greedy mom, wanna my girl could talk like native English and could handling well in cantonese. As said by friends, their kids were studying int. kinder and now in int. primary, the problem is they really lack of interest to learn Cantonese.........

26#
發表於 09-3-29 07:58 |只看該作者
their kids were studying int. kinder and now in int. primary, the problem is they really lack of interest to learn Cantonese.........

from my experience, if parents talk to the children in cantonese, the children can pick up the spoken part. however, the children are not as good as students of local schools in reading Chinese.

27#
發表於 09-3-29 20:57 |只看該作者
Wingba,

Please check PM

28#
發表於 09-3-30 00:58 |只看該作者
原帖由 birdbird 於 09-3-29 07:58 發表

from my experience, if parents talk to the children in cantonese, the children can pick up the spoken part. however, the children are not as good as students of local schools in reading Chinese.

This is what we call 文盲 : , like my kid's Chinese before her interview in ESF primary school. Now we started to teach her Chinese character, will take some times though....

29#
發表於 09-3-30 10:05 |只看該作者
Dear Barque,

Pls check PM

Wingba

原帖由 barque 於 09-3-29 20:57 發表
Wingba,

Please check PM

30#
發表於 09-3-30 10:37 |只看該作者
我囝囝year 2, 也來自St. Catherine's, 同級也有幾個St. Catherine's 女孩子, 另有不少來自local kinder小朋友,Keen Mind, HK Preschool, Victoria, 崇真........etc 但ISdemand越來越大,又開多間ESF kinder in Ma On Shan,都foresee到會越來越困難,4-5年前,SJS, BHS & KJS都年年有收SC學生,近年我只知一個successful case in BHS.

[ 本帖最後由 danielboy 於 09-3-30 10:40 編輯 ]

31#
發表於 09-3-30 11:05 |只看該作者
原帖由 danielboy 於 09-3-30 10:37 發表
我囝囝year 2, 也來自St. Catherine's, 同級也有幾個St. Catherine's 女孩子, 另有不少來自local kinder的小朋友,Keen Mind, HK Preschool, Victoria, 崇真........etc 但因IS的demand越來越大,又開多了一間ESF kind ...

I guess in the coming years the keen competition will move from ESF Primary school, to ESF kinder... fast your seat belt.

32#
發表於 09-3-30 13:43 |只看該作者
I still maintain that being with an ESF kindergarten would be advantageous.
RC is already the least competitive schools amongst all ESF schools, but still we are talking about 300+ applicants for 150 seats.
Of course there is no guarantee because admission also depend on the actual performance of a child at the interview.
However, I am sure what parents want to know is any way that can tip the odds.
Like I said, there is no written policy for RC to take ESF kindy kids first. But I do think ESF kindy kids unofficially would stand a better chance.
Having said that, it has been commented by some ESF kindy parents that ESF kindies are not exactly better than other English speaking kindies.

33#
發表於 09-3-30 13:59 |只看該作者
原帖由 almom 於 09-3-30 13:43 發表
I still maintain that being with an ESF kindergarten would be advantageous.
RC is already the least competitive schools amongst all ESF schools, but still we are talking about 300+ applicants for 150  ...

Yes, it is true. But think. Both ESF Kinders and DC / RC are all Priavte schools operated by ESF. So if ESF kinders has not much preference that other kinder, then their competitiveness will decrease. If you are the boss of both ESF Kinders & ESF PIS (don't even count normal ESF School with Gov't Subsidy), will you let this happen?

34#
發表於 09-3-31 13:19 |只看該作者
My son will be in Y1(RC), he is in KM (int'l class) now!

I let him join all the after school actitive offer fm esf (english program, swimming,sports program) in order to keep him in the fluent English environment! my case that is work for my son.

35#
發表於 09-3-31 14:15 |只看該作者
原帖由 bigbighei 於 09-3-31 13:19 發表
My son will be in Y1(RC), he is in KM (int'l class) now!

I let him join all the after school actitive offer fm esf (english program, swimming,sports program) in order to keep him in the fluent Engli ...

I attempt to wrap up what parents contribute:
1. This year, quite a number of children from local kinder (or local kinder's int'l class) admitted by RC;
2. I assume the rest of majority in RC are from IS kinder (otherwise where do they go...whereas ESF primary is so keen);
3. Parents from local kindergarten shared that they do have extra classes/activities to improve English standard for their children;
4. RC has no preference for interview to ESF kinda applicants this year (nobody said applying RC without granting an interview);
5. After interview: amongst broadliner, does the status of "ESF kinda students" has any preference? nobody knows (or even all ESF kinda students are within 150 successful applicants from the first round? it is a mystery)
6. In coming years : more applicants for RC is anticipated;
7. In coming years, status of "ESF kinda students" will be an advantage for "granting an interview"? Through my experience in applying DC, I 100% believe that;
8. More applicants mean average english skills to fulfill the interview will be higher.
I guess parents need to consider all these facts NOW if they are targeting RC 2 or 3 or 4 years later.

36#
發表於 09-3-31 23:17 |只看該作者
Does anyone know about how many days for the result for interview?????
Thanks!

37#
發表於 09-4-1 01:12 |只看該作者
原帖由 trustee 於 09-3-31 23:17 發表
Does anyone know about how many days for the result for interview?????
Thanks!

you mean how many days to wait for result from RCHK? This year was around 3 weeks, if they admitted your kid in the first round.

38#
發表於 09-4-1 01:26 |只看該作者
See My Comment in Red:

原帖由 oooray 於 09-3-31 14:15 發表
I attempt to wrap up what parents contribute:
1. This year, quite a number of children from local kinder (or local kinder's int'l class) admitted by RC;

P: I think still a lot is from IS Kinder, though the mix of foreigner kid vs Chinese (even Cat 1) should be lower in RC than other ESF (with exception from QBS), while DC may be higher.

2. I assume the rest of majority in RC are from IS kinder (otherwise where do they go...whereas ESF primary is so keen);

P: As 1.

3. Parents from local kindergarten shared that they do have extra classes/activities to improve English standard for their children;

P: Need to train up until the kid can speak native english, which is hard if the major studying time is in local kinder, but may not be impossible. Of course the best is still transfered to IS Kinder, and for interview priority, to ESF Kinder.

4. RC has no preference for interview to ESF kinda applicants this year (nobody said applying RC without granting an interview);

P: But I "guess" ESF kinder do have priority in admission, but "who" knows. I do see ESF kids failed in RC interview too.

5. After interview: amongst broadliner, does the status of "ESF kinda students" has any preference? nobody knows (or even all ESF kinda students are within 150 successful applicants from the first round? it is a mystery)

P: I think RC interview all 350 applicants for 150 seats so this is why their interview start much earlier than other ESF which only interview 130 - 140 out of 120 seats or so. As told earlier not all ESF Kinder kids got admitted.

6. In coming years : more applicants for RC is anticipated;

P: Yes, as RCHK standard is getting better and better. And also ESF kinder too, I mean competition.

7. In coming years, status of "ESF kinda students" will be an advantage for "granting an interview"? Through my experience in applying DC, I 100% believe that;

P: I agree too. Or if parents dont beleive, but they love their kids to go ESF primary school, they can take their own risk....

8. More applicants mean average english skills to fulfill the interview will be higher.

P: Again, I think it is normal for ESF to take native English Speaking kids as this is their original goal, so for Chinese Kids i don't think we will have any exception, or don't expect there is any.

I guess parents need to consider all these facts NOW if they are targeting RC 2 or 3 or 4 years later.

39#
發表於 09-4-1 11:11 |只看該作者
原帖由 carmenyukaman 於 09-4-1 10:48 發表
My son will soon switch from a local kinder to an international 1, I wonder if he's able to catch up in a short time so he may be able to pass the interview.

Don't only rely on the kinder. Soaked him in complete English environment (I even tell people that you need a helper that can speak Eng but not Cantonese), watch Eng TV & DVD ALL the time (including what you are watching except your son has slept), speak to him all time in Eng, go to more Eng playgroup, read him more Eng story books, etc. That will help. You need to sacrifice in order to get a chance.

40#
發表於 09-4-2 00:16 |只看該作者
原帖由 popolung 於 09-4-1 11:11 發表

Don't only rely on the kinder. Soaked him in complete English environment (I even tell people that you need a helper that can speak Eng but not Cantonese), watch Eng TV & DVD ALL the time (including ...

what if the parents are not talking native English? for most of the parents in HK like us, English ability is so far so good, fluent.....but just not that native one~ even we keep talking to our kids in English all the time, just they couldn't learn such native english from us~I've put her in English playgroup, English DVD, English speaking helper and keep talking to her in English most of the time. what else should I do so as to facilitate her english development??
‹ 上一主題|下一主題