用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 kingston international or ISF?
發新帖
查看: 2541|回覆: 11
go

kingston international or ISF? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-10-12 20:33 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
The daughter of my sister have the offer of these two school,can all of you give her some idea?
1.Which one is better?
2,If you are her situation,which one you will choose?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-10-13 12:03 |只看該作者
Of course ISF. For Kingston, the campus is very very small and there is almost no space for the students. ISF is new with much more space, better equipment and  facilities.Their school background is also strong.Comments for ISF is generally good.

There is also no secondary school for Kingston.

3#
發表於 08-10-13 12:25 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

4#
發表於 08-10-13 21:25 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

Why?What reservation you know?
can you tell me more clearly?

5#
發表於 08-10-13 22:51 |只看該作者

6#
發表於 08-10-14 08:27 |只看該作者
Thank you!so I think she need to choose ISF.

7#
發表於 08-10-14 16:35 |只看該作者
After talking to N people, visiting N schools for N times I have decided to let my boy go to ISF next year.  My neighbour friend, whose kids are now at GSIS and Kennedy, will do the same with his son and daughter.  Here is the blog of a lady from the Netherlands whose daughter joined ISF a few months ago - http://gweipo.blogspot.com/2008/10/brother-of-more-famous.html.   I am sure you will find the blog a good read.  If you have the time and want to find out why Gweipo preferred ISF to GSIS and HKA and CIS, enter ISF in the search field, you will get all her ISF’s related entries.  I had a chance to talk to the Spanish lady mentioned in one of Gweipo’s blogs and some other ISF parents, I am impressed the impressive ones are all so impressed.   I am sure that ISF has problems (every school does, doesn’t it?  Every parent can find problems with every school, and apparently problem parents are especially good at locating problems), but judging from what I heard from people who know the school and what I saw during school visits, I am glad that there is a school like ISF in HK.  I am even more glad that my son is going to be part of it.

[ 本帖最後由 tingtingting 於 08-10-14 16:49 編輯 ]

8#
發表於 08-10-14 17:21 |只看該作者

9#
發表於 08-10-14 17:53 |只看該作者
My girl has studied in Kingston for 3 years and she is now in ISF.  She comes home very happy everyday.

I love ISF alot.  The homeroom teacher in my girl's class is great.   And I see that many other teachers are great here.  Great teachers in my opinion is kind, smart enough to care for smart & troublesome children, very patient, and efficient.   
I know that there are some parents who ask for the "BEST" and some comments are like : "teaching print-out should not be B&W, children should look into materials that are highly artistic, all materials should be very colorful ! "  and there are many many such complains as I read the emails sending among the parents and teachers.   When the school is not changing according to this need, they started to complain about the school.   I guess some negative comments came from some tiny group of parents with HIGH expectations.  Or maybe they wanted to get the BEST out of the high school fees they had paid.  Look, I just want my child to learn to be a balance person, with good knowledge & good judgement, not a fussy brad that asks only for the BEST.  (sorry if I had stepped on somebody's toes )

For Kingston, I don't see the eagerness to change for the better among the kinder teachers. Maybe it is different in their primary.   And for ISF, the teachers are responsive to parents suggestions ( I mean reasonable ones ) and you can really feel that they want to make it a better school.
There is no perfect school.  Admin is still a main problem in ISF.  But I think their curriculum & teaching qualities beat all the other shortcomings.  I will certainly transfer my younger son to ISF  if they accept him.

10#
發表於 08-10-14 17:55 |只看該作者
By the way, my English reading ability is not so good. I can't find out where Gweipo had mentioned that she preferred ISF to GSIS and CIS. Please enlighten me!!!

Please re-read my post.  The answer is there.

Anyhow, if I in any way left an impression that I think ISF is better than GSIS, I now make it clear that that is not what I intended to say.  It is of course forever true that a treat to one is poison to another.  It all depends on the circumstances. (absolutely cliché, I know)  Here and now I vote for ISF for its language programme and teaching method.  I may change my mind later.  Who knows.  If you find GSIS a good school, good for you.  If you find GSIS better than ISF, even more power to you.  In fact, I like GSIS too.  The only problem that I have with GSIS is that I smelt a little boredom and did not feel excited the last time I visited the school.  That's all. (It was so different when I visited ISF: so much motivation and engery.  Everything simply looked more bright.)

[ 本帖最後由 tingtingting 於 08-10-14 18:00 編輯 ]

11#
發表於 08-10-14 17:58 |只看該作者

12#
發表於 08-10-15 00:14 |只看該作者
Hmmmmm  .    It seems that we are comparing Kingston with ISF....... only

I choose ISF !
‹ 上一主題|下一主題