搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖瑪加利男女英文中小學 Difference between G1, G2 G3
樓主: ChapmanMa
go

Difference between G1, G2 G3 [複製鏈接]

161#
發表於 08-11-28 21:59 |只看該作者
Monkeydad

I will not join it, since that day is Monday, I will go to work. This is 5th charity/donation program year 08-09.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-11-28 17:17 發表
HKQQbaby,

Do you think the school has too much charity / donation programs.  I have signed a number of cheques recently and majority of those are for "Little Sisters of the Poor".  Why don't the scho ...

162#
發表於 08-12-1 08:28 |只看該作者
MONKEYDAD & hkqqqbaby,
我都唔會再支持籌款活動啦!d活動多到我好反感,我寧願將d錢捐去宣明會(我個女每年都會參加兒童飢饉)都唔想參加學校既籌款活動!

163#
發表於 08-12-8 17:54 |只看該作者
Sara & Monkeydad

我今天又收到籌款通知: Raffle ticket of Road Safety Association, this is the 6th charity activity year 08-09.   

quote]原帖由 sara 於 08-12-1 08:28 發表
MONKEYDAD & hkqqqbaby,
我都唔會再支持籌款活動啦!d活動多到我好反感,我寧願將d錢捐去宣明會(我個女每年都會參加兒童飢饉)都唔想參加學校既籌款活動! [/quote]

164#
發表於 08-12-8 21:53 |只看該作者
HKQQbaby,

This is quite a lot.

We will have Chinese dictation on Dec 16 and Maths quiz on Dec 17.

For the Chinese dictation, is this to be read in PTH or Cantonese.  I suppose this should be in PTH.

Have you got back the blue folder from Mr G.  It seems that the marks given are not high.

165#
發表於 08-12-9 07:25 |只看該作者
Monkeydad

I think the Chinese dictation is read in PTH, since it was taught in PTH.

The mark of blue file is 6/10, my girl said some classmates had 10/10, they finished it over two pages.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-12-8 21:53 發表
HKQQbaby,

This is quite a lot.

We will have Chinese dictation on Dec 16 and Maths quiz on Dec 17.

For the Chinese dictation, is this to be read in PTH or Cantonese.  I suppose this should be in PTH ...

166#
發表於 08-12-9 09:25 |只看該作者
HKQQbaby,

My boy got 6 as well but I knew some got 1 or 2.  I thought this has to be done within one page.  So, I took out some of my boy's sentences.  My boy made his story based on a fairy tale (he used most of the vocabularies and phrases in the book).

Your girl tells you a lot in the class.  Thanks for your update.  I am not so serious on marks but just want to know where my boy is.

167#
發表於 08-12-9 10:24 |只看該作者
monkeydad & HKQQbaby,

My girl wrote 3 pages for the 1st "project" (she wrote the words really really big!!!). Her topic was "Myself". WE (both my girl & I) rushed out this project at the night of the day I saw the "scaring" message from Mr. G., hoping that he would still accept "late" submission.

I have a feeling that Mr. G. lowered the marks for those who handed in the project "late"!

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-12-9 09:25 發表
HKQQbaby,

My boy got 6 as well but I knew some got 1 or 2.  I thought this has to be done within one page.  So, I took out some of my boy's sentences.  My boy made his story based on a fairy tale (he ...

168#
發表於 08-12-11 11:50 |只看該作者
HKQQbaby,

My boy has not yet got his Maths 1B TB back home.  Not sure when Ms Chan will return back.  So, not much idea on the scope of the 3rd quiz.

My boy told me there will be dictation in the Cambridge English class coming Tuesday (a few words like blackboard, chair, desk...).

169#
發表於 08-12-11 12:05 |只看該作者
monkeydad,
I really don't know there is dictation for the cambridge class. She left the book in the classroom. I will not remind my daughter and see if she can remember.

170#
發表於 08-12-11 13:03 |只看該作者
Monkeydad

My girl did not take back the Maths 1B TB and WB. But my boy (G1) took it, so I can prepare the quiz for them.

I really do not know the dictation for the Cambridge course.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-12-11 11:50 發表
HKQQbaby,

My boy has not yet got his Maths 1B TB back home.  Not sure when Ms Chan will return back.  So, not much idea on the scope of the 3rd quiz.

My boy told me there will be dictation in the Ca ...

171#
發表於 08-12-11 13:30 |只看該作者
HKQQbaby,

My boy finished most of his Maths homework in school and handed in during the class.  Hence, I do not have much idea on the scope.  I remembered some +/-.  Kindly share - just the headline of each chapter.

How about dictation?  My boy is ok with the words in Ch 1 but needs to catch up in Ch 2.  He is relunctant to learn and write 嘴.  He argues 嘴 is 口 and he can write 口 instead and hence no need to learn 嘴.

I just have a look on the French book and learn the words.  There may be a quiz (the case in G1)...

We finished only 8 of the 15 English reading journal - some way to go and the Christmas project is not yet started.

I am running out of time everyday.  My boy gets home 4pm (though earlier than yours) but still find there is not enough time for homework, on-line exercises, English and Chinese reading... (he sleeps at 9pm), not to say revision - he cannot work on non-stop for 5 hours.

I start teaching him basic gramma every Sat morning as this would help him write better.

We are very busy ah...

172#
發表於 08-12-11 15:54 |只看該作者
Monkeydad

1)Maths headline from ch8 to ch18:
   Comparing lengths and distances, and using improvised units, measuring with appropriate improvised unites, addition and subtraction with 18, special no: zero, relationship between addition and subtraction, special property of addition.

2) they have finished English reading reports and handed it to Mr.G.

3)Just now I have asked for the dictation of Cambridge fm Ms. Ma, she said this is the test in class, no marks, just for testing, do not worry. We will be notified there will be a Cambridge exam on 38th March 2009, 可自由報名, this public exam will be held at SM's classrooms.  Last year, there were about 40-50 P1 students joined it, 8 of them had full marks in Starter (15 shields). all students who joined the exam could passed it (about 8-10 shields). The standard of oral is ok, we just have to learn the spelling of words with the babys.

4) This weekend, we will go to Ocean park with babys, so we can take the photos of Christmas for the English project.

5) Every night, the on-line exercise is done by themselves, I do not join it. Since I am busy, I have no time to finish it with them. 至在參與. They go to bed on 9:00pm, they have to wake up on 6:00am.

I am busy too, since I work for half day outside, after work,  after the babys sleep, I wash the plates and....

Take care ourselves,all mummy.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-12-11 13:30 發表
HKQQbaby,

My boy finished most of his Maths homework in school and handed in during the class.  Hence, I do not have much idea on the scope.  I remembered some +/-.  Kindly share - just the headline  ...

173#
發表於 08-12-11 16:09 |只看該作者
Thanks HKQQbaby.  My boy also brought his 1B textbook back.

Agree that you are much busier than me.

Will you join the Cambridge Exam in Mar.  I am afraid my boy will break the record - FAIL (he is weak at spelling).  Anyway, he is improving.

Now, he does the Chinese "one passage a day" on his own but needs my assistance on friday's c4cat (sentence rewriting - take this as an opportunity to teach him sentence structure).  Hope he can be 100% on his own in 2009.

174#
發表於 08-12-12 08:57 |只看該作者
Monkeydad

I will let them to try this exam, I want to know their standard.

Next Tue.to Fri, they can wear causal wear.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-12-11 16:09 發表

Will you join the Cambridge Exam in Mar.  I am afraid my boy will break the record - FAIL (he is w ...

175#
發表於 08-12-12 12:15 |只看該作者
Dear monkeydad & HKQQbaby,
I will not prepare the dictation for cambridge for my daughter. My daughter's book is in her pigeon hole and never appear at home! BTW, can they take the exam in P.2? Actually I think that she is not well prepared for the exam....If she will not take the exam this year, can she join the course again next year?
Compared to other school, they are quite relaxing with only had 2-5 pieces of homework everyday.  
Many people said that it is not busy for P.1 students. So I expect that they will be very busy in P.2 - P.6.....

176#
發表於 08-12-14 21:24 |只看該作者
Hi monkeydad,

Please check PM.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-12-11 16:09 發表

Will you join the Cambridge Exam in Mar.  I am afraid my boy will break the record - FAIL (he is w ...

177#
發表於 09-1-4 15:44 |只看該作者
Hi all SMC parents,

my child is so lucky to be able to join this big family in 2009/10.  

Leanrt from the briefing session previously that the school will teach phonics starting from P.1.  Am always want to let my child to attend some phonic course to help her improve spelling. But am a bit concern if the phonic courses available in town (like the Jolly Phonic / Letterland / Hooked on Phonic) will have any conflict with the one adopted in the school.  

Can any existing parents share their views?

178#
發表於 09-1-6 00:39 |只看該作者
Hi, music-baby,
My kid will be a SMC studnt in 2009. Nice to meet U.

Dear mon, I want to know how much is the schoolbus fee from Lam Tin to SMC? When does the pick up time?

179#
發表於 09-1-8 11:38 |只看該作者
HKQQbaby,

Long time no talk la.

My boy did not take the school bus this month - only 10 school days of which I need to pick up on 2 days, hence the cost is >$100 a day.  Besides, I find he has 25 minutes more in the morning if I send him to school (leave at 8am Vs school bus pick up at 7:35am).  He can make use of the time to do his on-line exercise.  Do you know when does bus #9 arrive school - I think it may be before 8am.  If so, when doesn't the bus pick up kids 10-15 minutes laters as the school bell rings at 8:25am.  Oh, I started to be discontent with the bus company la.

My boy started ordering lunch box in Nov and I found him extremely hungry whenever he came back home - he could finish one sausage bun plus 1/2 lb of BBQ meat and 1.5 bananas in one shot - so scary.  So, I decided to pack lunch for him next month.

Are you going out for Chinese New Year?  I hope there won't be much homework for CNY.

Talked to parents of P2 and learnt that P1 of this year has more to do then P1 in the previous year.  SMC is moving towards to be demanding.

180#
發表於 09-1-8 13:25 |只看該作者
Monkeydad

My girl said she can eat full set lunch at school, so I guess the lunch box is not enough for my boy. I have to prepare sandwich or bread for their snack at school.
Everyday when they are back to home, they only drink the soup or drink one box milk (250ml), we have dinner at 7:00pm.

School bus fee is expensive, but I have other choice. I spend HKD1,050x2 for Jan 09 (8days).

Christmas and new year holiday, we left hk to mainland for one week. Chinese new year, we leave hk to mainland for one week again.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 09-1-8 11:38 發表
HKQQbaby,

Long time no talk la.

My boy did not take the school bus this month - only 10 school days of which I need to pick up on 2 days, hence the cost is >$100 a day.  Besides, I find he has 25 mi ...

[ 本帖最後由 HKQQbaby 於 09-1-8 13:31 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖