用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Is Beacon Hill good? Any mami can share?
發新帖
查看: 881|回覆: 4
go

Is Beacon Hill good? Any mami can share? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-9-10 12:21 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I am planning to send my son to study in Beacon Hill...is it good? Any mami can share?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-9-10 16:50 |只看該作者
Yes, Beacon Hill is good. But you may need to pay more attention to Chinese. Otherwise, kids will give up learning Chinese!

3#
發表於 08-9-30 19:53 |只看該作者
Chinese is an issue here.  They only have three days Chinese a week.  You need to hire tutor at home if your kid learn Chinese in Kindergarten.  Only come to P4 then they will have five days chinese.  Also, in Y1 they don't practise writing in Chinese classes.  Only in Y2, they will split the class into three groups according to their levels.  But, it is too late for those who have already got chinese background.  It will drag down the performance of your kid who knows Chinese.  Hence, become lazy afterall.

4#
發表於 08-10-1 10:28 |只看該作者
I think parents should be prepared that the Chinese standard is a common issue in almost all international schools.
If parents are so keen in keeping up with Chinese, you might want to consider other alternatives, eg those new DSS or local private schools that have genuinely strong Chinese curriculum, and at the same time "copy" a little of what international schools do.

One other point, whether a person is strong in Chinese or whether he is giving up learning Chinese is 2 independent situations.
My children are not strong in Chinese at all, and they are learning Chinese in a pace much much slower than most local schools. However, they love learning the language and are very interested in Chinese culture.
On the other hand, even in local schools, I see that many students are giving up learning Chinese (or, in fact, totally giving learning anything at all).
So I guess the attitude is more important than the actual standard.

BTW. BHS is one of the ESF schools. Like I have said in other topics, most ESF schools are more or less the same. I personally do like BHS because I have friends and family who used to be a BHS student some 30 years ago. It has always been a good school.

5#
發表於 08-10-2 13:25 |只看該作者
Tks for all your comments...

My boy is now studying in ESF kindergarten....I am teaching him Chinese by myself with the advice from my friends who are teachers. Hope that can help also .....
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖