用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 language policy at home,please share!
樓主: newmama0724
go

language policy at home,please share! [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 08-11-10 22:11 |只看該作者
The headache problem is that my wife cant speak English well and seldom speak English...How can I solve the situation ? I really want my kids speak fluent English. Any advice to the choices of Kindergartens? Sad....

42#
發表於 08-11-12 00:30 |只看該作者
菲傭帶大o既小朋友英文會有口音問題嗎?我有個朋友因為擔心口音問題而請o左個講廣東話o既印傭
原帖由 wisekid2007 於 08-11-2 18:57 發表
The one and only one language policy suitable or applicable for all types of situations or kids is to use your own native language to communicate with your own kids otherwise:

-  You are hindering th ...

43#
發表於 08-11-12 09:42 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

44#
發表於 08-11-12 09:47 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

45#
發表於 09-1-29 19:27 |只看該作者
newmama's home language policy is surely ambitious!
i have a quite unusual situation at home, therefore i do understand and agree with wisekid2007's advise.
it's sure that children at their learning age, they are able to handle different languages easily. but i question that you still have to give up something in order to gain it.
in our case, our sons speak and able to switch 3 languages (french, cantonese and english) as wish. however, they don't master any language literary as good as the children at the same age with their native language.
i have luckily married the prettiest french girl of the world (to my eyes of cause   ) so our sons do have native french speaking at home (i speak french with my wife with an chinese accent... i'm not a good languages speaker model myself....). their grand parents come home 3 times per week to see them.
but what i have seem, our sons did speak later than normal.
elder son could really express himself around 3 years old in all the 3 languages, and our second son is almost 2 1/2 now, still confuse with them...
i'm not saying that it's good or not good to learn so many languages at age young as both me and my wife really want our sons be native both in chinese and french, so things come naturally.
however, when i look back, i did see our sons suffered by their short of expression in speech.
i remembered once we watched a video from kindergarten, the teacher has asked the pupils what is holding in her hand? my son was the 1st one answered, but he said in french.... he didn't know how does it call in english or chinese.... he was so confuse and a bit upset, and wonder why the others had a different name for this.
be patient and a lot of encouragement is really important at this stage, explain him what is the different and extend his vocabulary in different language from time to time is our only method.
we don't push them much on the languages actually. we just try to find them as many as story book as possible in the 3 languages, and every night, either my wife or me read 2 or 3 stories with them before bed. i watch cartoons with them and explain and answer them whenever they have questions.
somehow, at age 4 1/2 now, my elder son manages to speak better english than his french and hkg cousins (not that difficult actually, he he ), speaks better french than his US born french cousins, better cantonese than his british/chinese cousins, i think we couldn't ask for more!

[ 本帖最後由 flostangraphy 於 09-1-29 19:52 編輯 ]
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

46#
發表於 09-1-29 22:38 |只看該作者
原帖由 flostangraphy 於 09-1-29 19:27 發表
newmama's home language policy is surely ambitious!
i have a quite unusual situation at home, therefore i do understand and agree with wisekid2007's advise.
it's sure that children at their learning ...

"we just try to find them as many as story book as possible in the 3languages, and every night, either my wife or me read 2 or 3 storieswith them before bed."
When you started the reading habit? In what age ?

47#
發表於 09-1-29 23:49 |只看該作者
hello mark,
my wife started read story to my elder son when he was around 2 and 1/2. and so she just started recently with our younger son as well.

we read them story books for their age so are mostly just images and pictures which we can actually can make our own story in any language.

原帖由 mark2006 於 29/1/2009 22:38 發表

"we just try to find them as many as story book as possible in the 3languages, and every night, either my wife or me read 2 or 3 storieswith them before bed."
When you started the reading habit? In w ...
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

48#
發表於 09-2-24 00:20 |只看該作者
I agree with you that native language should be the one and only one language used at home. As my girl is 14 months at the moment and we are using Cantonese at home, could you please share with me more about how to raise the English standard of young children?

原帖由 wisekid2007 於 08-11-2 18:57 發表
The one and only one language policy suitable or applicable for all types of situations or kids is to use your own native language to communicate with your own kids otherwise:

-  You are hindering th ...

49#
發表於 09-2-24 15:29 |只看該作者
我们家里的语言是广东话爸爸、普通话妈妈、菲佣英语。

孩子的英语是在学校学回来的,跟老师学、跟小朋友学,在IS里,英语环境好,接触机会也相对提高。回到家里,偶尔会看看英语的DVD,另外她也会跟菲佣用英语沟通,但就要提醒孩子不要学工人的口音。

曾经一直都担心孩子的英语,毕竟家里的英语环境不是那么强,这个担心从K2一直担心到K3的现在。

刚刚上个星期的家长会,老师的评语令我以往的忧虑减少了,在与他们沟通的过程中,我发现新的任务,就是要增加孩子的自信心。

所以,当你挑选好一所心仪的学校之后,就将这个工作交给学校吧。

原帖由 frogma 於 09-2-24 00:20 發表
I agree with you that native language should be the one and only one language used at home. As my girl is 14 months at the moment and we are using Cantonese at home, could you please share with me mor ...

50#
發表於 11-2-10 23:12 |只看該作者
I'm happy to know that this topic is still here coz it dissapeared after few months!

My girl started to talk when she was 14months old though I let her learned and listened to few languages (untill now). She is now mainly speak in English and understand Putonghua and Cantones.

51#
發表於 11-2-11 12:16 |只看該作者
我仔剛得到cais取錄,佢會讀IS,我地在家全cantonese,我不認為要同時學幾種外語才入到IS.

我的看法是,如果你的母語是什麼,就說什麼.因為(例子):

我表弟家裏background是不同大人有不同母語,故表弟4歲時已懂4種語言.這4種大人都是用他們的母語來跟表弟溝通,他們天天一起生活,是環境令表弟懂得不同語言.
表弟講錯,即時有人糾正,這跟一星期上幾次的外語班完全不一樣.所以我唔會同時要佢咁細個學幾種唔同語言.

而且歐洲語系中,英文其實係最難學的,英文學好了,西班牙文,法文,德文等都易上手.我的朋友懂法文,德文的,全是在小學打好英文基礎,中學才學外語的.

我會用母語同我的小朋友深入溝通,教佢好多道理,我覺得教得個小朋友乖,比識幾多種外語更重要.

個人意見,唔好罵我.

52#
發表於 11-2-11 12:19 |只看該作者
好大問題,就係菲律賓口音囉!
one,do,dree......同one,two,three的分別!

原帖由 Hipuppy 於 08-11-12 00:30 發表
菲傭帶大o既小朋友英文會有口音問題嗎?我有個朋友因為擔心口音問題而請o左個講廣東話o既印傭

53#
發表於 11-2-11 12:41 |只看該作者
你好搞笑,你說「個人意見,唔好罵我.」,我讀到呢度笑左出黎,嚴肅得黎好幽默!

BK太多人鐘意罵人,我完全明白你的意思!

條條大路通羅馬,每人的價值與看法不同,當然也會採取不同的方法,當年我的BB太細,我完全沒有經驗,想問問過來人對語言的看法,我遵從自己所認為適當的方法教導佢,過程中又並沒有我所擔心的情況出現,我已很滿意了!

原帖由 PCMW 於 11-2-11 12:16 發表
我仔剛得到cais取錄,佢會讀IS,我地在家全cantonese,我不認為要同時學幾種外語才入到IS.

我的看法是,如果你的母語是什麼,就說什麼.因為(例子):

我表弟家裏background是不同大人有不同母語,故表弟4歲時已懂4種語言. ...

54#
發表於 11-2-11 12:44 |只看該作者
係呀!好怕俾人罵,所以成日都是看,不敢回應.

只係作純粹的分享而已,人人都是有不同看法的,希望大家理性接納人地看法囉!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題