搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 YMCA International Kindergarten
發新帖
查看: 4307|回覆: 10
go

YMCA International Kindergarten [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-7-2 13:01 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I am thinking of sending my girl to YMCA International Kindergarten full-day K2 in September.  I  plan to let her study in international primary school later.  Any comment on the kindergarten?  Is it a good one, in terms of teacher/student ratio, curriculum and facilties.

Really appreciate response from you.  Thanks.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-7-14 16:34 |只看該作者
Hi there, my gal will  be in K2 half day class, YMCA's teachers are good, but i think the school is just TOO SMALL!!!! They can cater up to 28 students in one class with 3 teachers, but the classroom is quite crowded.
艾粒嘉嘉 :-D

3#
發表於 08-7-14 18:54 |只看該作者
Hi Nicolemichimum,

I will send my daughter to YMCA for K1 in coming September.  Heard that YMCA has close connection with ESF , do you know anything about this?  Also, do you know which primary school will most of the students go to?

4#
發表於 08-7-15 11:44 |只看該作者
Most of the graduates go to ESF primary and RC, it's true they have close connection with ESF but the competition for ESF place is so keen now...i guess at least we can have a chance for interview!
I will submit my application to ESF this Sept anyway.

5#
發表於 08-7-15 13:00 |只看該作者
Nicolemichimum,

Thanks a lot for your info.  Good luck to your application

So except ESF, which are your target primary school?

6#
發表於 08-7-17 11:23 |只看該作者

YMCA International Lindergarten

Nicolemichimum,

A big thank you for your information.  I was just back from vacation last  night and appreciate your reply.

I've visited the campus of the kindergarten weeks ago and agreed that it is small.  However, the full-day curriculum looks good for my girl. Comment from a parent whose kid is now in a ESF primary school  is also good.

Yet, switching school for a three-year-old is really difficult  as she needs  to adapt to a new environment.  She was very happy in K1 in the current school.  But I am disappointed with the school arrangment for K2.  

Will K2 half-day and whole-day students be combined in the same class?
Is Miss Peggy good? Are teachers happy to talk to parents frequently on
the progress of the chil, say ,over the phone or email.

Thank you.

7#
發表於 08-7-17 17:15 |只看該作者
K2 half day and full day students will have lessons together in the morning. In the afternoon, full day children will have diff. activities everyday, including golf, swimming, gym, yoga and many more, it must be fun!! My gal needs to attend chinese class therefore i didn't choose full day class for her.

We usually communicate with the teachers using the communication book, of coz you can talk to the teachers before or after class, they are very willing to share anything with you about your child!

I want to apply ESF and RC, i don't want to go to schools with debenture! Hope we can have a place:)

8#
發表於 08-7-17 18:21 |只看該作者
原文章由 nicolemichimum 於 08-7-15 11:44 發表
Most of the graduates go to ESF primary and RC, it's true they have close connection with ESF but the competition for ESF place is so keen now...i guess at least we can have a chance for interview!
I  ...

I think ESF interview chance depends more on catchment zone and category being assigned. My son is YMCA student. We applied BHS Y1 last year but didn't get chance for interview. Cheers.

9#
發表於 08-7-17 20:20 |只看該作者
In general which catchment zone is less competitive? many thanks

10#
發表於 08-7-18 18:27 |只看該作者
Thanks  Nicolemichimum for the information.   My daughter will likely to be in the same morning session with yours.I  hope she can settle well in a new environment and I made a right choice for her.  

I did try to let her learn some Chinese in the afternoon but it didn't work for her. I will give another try when she is bigger.  She is the youngest in clas for her birthday is in Dec 2004.

Regarding ESF application, as Cheukhin rightly pointed out. it all depends on the category of the applicant as defined by esf.  There is no FORMAL connection between esf and kindergarten.  I know because my son is now in a esf school.  We are lucky though he is  not within all the priority groups.

11#
發表於 08-7-19 22:21 |只看該作者
Actually, i am very worry about the chance of getting an ESF place
So Cheukhin, which school does your boy go now?
We live very near to SJS, but this school is on the top of the list for many parents....so i will apply RC as well.
I am thinking Hong Lok Yuen Int'l school too!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題