用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Anyone can share more on Australia International sch ...
發新帖
查看: 2657|回覆: 13
go

Anyone can share more on Australia International school [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-4-7 00:26 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hi,

Seems not much comment on above school? Can anyone share more on it? Mainly for age 4?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-4-9 05:22 |只看該作者

回覆 #1 Kate.Tong 的文章

Very Good school, happy, freedom, No pressure but a lot of school holiday

3#
發表於 08-4-9 13:14 |只看該作者
sswlo3,
Can you tell more about its discipline, academic level or teaching style.  Thanks in advance.

原文章由 sswlo3 於 08-4-9 05:22 發表
Very Good school, happy, freedom, No pressure but a lot of school holiday

4#
發表於 08-4-9 16:18 |只看該作者

回覆 #3 HaydenNg 的文章

discipline, OK but very depands on the teacher, some very tough but over all is good.

academic level, very easy, very simply

teaching style. happy, free play....NO pressure

5#
發表於 08-4-9 23:47 |只看該作者
Hi sswlo3,

My daughter has an Australian Passport and I lodged the application 2 years in advance, do you know the chance of acceptance? do I still need to buy a more expensive debenture? Thanks!

6#
發表於 08-4-10 10:24 |只看該作者
I thought most of the refundable debentures are not available at this stage and you have to pay a compusary annual levy.

原文章由 VickyMum 於 08-4-9 23:47 發表
Hi sswlo3,

My daughter has an Australian Passport and I lodged the application 2 years in advance, do you know the chance of acceptance? do I still need to buy a more expensive debenture? Thanks!

7#
發表於 08-4-10 13:20 |只看該作者
sswlo3,

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I am also curious to know if they would give any priority for Australian passport holder.  Did you know if any Australian passport holder could not get an offer?

原文章由 sswlo3 於 08-4-9 16:18 發表
discipline, OK but very depands on the teacher, some very tough but over all is good.

academic level, very easy, very simply

teaching style. happy, free play....NO pressure

8#
發表於 08-4-10 13:52 |只看該作者
I understand they are always full, long waiting list, and priority will be given to Australian passport holder, especially if you have a justifable reason, eg. Australian citizen recently relocated to HK due to work commitment and their children will need spaces at school.  I have heard if you are local HK people, even if you have a sibbling studying there you are not guaranteed a seat.

School environment is excellent, teachers are good on the average.  No homework for lower class students - they can finish all assignments at school.  Academic results are also good.  For debenture availability, I am sure the school recruitment officer will be able to tell you if you just phone in or email.

I would say this is a good school if you manage to get in.  They are planning to expand the school, possibly opening a new annex, but it will be years to wait even if this will materialise at all.

9#
發表於 08-4-10 23:50 |只看該作者
Hi all,

Thanks for the reply and information.

10#
發表於 08-4-11 13:27 |只看該作者
Hi all,

Thank you for all your information.
I just have one more question.  Which kinder your kids attended before studying in AISHK?
My boy is now 15 months, I am choosing the kinder for him now because I intend to let him start reception class in AISHK if he could get in, so he needs to attend other Kinder before reception class in AISHK.

11#
發表於 08-4-12 01:00 |只看該作者
my son has been studying in AISHK since preparatory and he's now in yr 6.  he was with a local chinese kinder for K1 before studying in AISHK.  i guess he managed to get thru the interview and got no problem with understanding the teachers because he went to English playgroups since he was two and he watches only english tv channels at home.  

i think the school is good and my son enjoys his school life a lot.  school results in general above average of those in NSW.  got chinese lesson every day (probably got more hours on Chinese than most of the other IS) though the level is still far more lower than local school.  a lot of reading and very little homework (even for yr 6 because the kids are supposed to finish most of the work in class).  they do a lot of writing in class such as writing poems, making presentation materials and activity reports.  based on my observation at a recent yr 6 activity, most of local hk kids can speak and write very good english even i know they speak cantonese among themselves at play.  i like the school atmosphere there, very relaxed and teachers are very nice.  parents are not as snobbish as some other IS.

for debenture availability, you can check the admission section of the school website.  according to the website, at the moment most types of debenture are not available and you have to pay capital levy instead. 

12#
發表於 08-4-14 13:26 |只看該作者
MeiWong

Thanks very much for your indepth information.

原文章由 MeiWong 於 08-4-12 01:00 發表
my son has been studying in AISHK since preparatory and he's now in yr 6.  he was with a local chinese kinder for K1 before studying in AISHK.  i guess he managed to get thru the interview and got no  ...

13#
發表於 08-4-16 00:28 |只看該作者
Sorry! May i ask how much is the levy?
My little girl now is 3yr and studying in Kowloon Baptist Church Kindergarten K1 Now. Is it too late to apply?
She's holding Australia passport.
Thanks

14#
發表於 08-4-16 21:07 |只看該作者
decgirl

i think the levy is around HK$10k per year.  you may check the official website of AIS for latest figure.  the website also has detailed age cut-off for enrollment, which is different from local schools.  depending on the birthday of your girl, you may apply for reception in 2009 or 2010.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題