用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 有無人知讀Anfield Kindergarten入ESF的機會大唔大 ...
查看: 7875|回覆: 30
go

有無人知讀Anfield Kindergarten入ESF的機會大唔大 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-3-14 23:32 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My daughter will study in Anfield pm class this Sept. I would like to know the chance for kids studying in Anfield being admitted by ESF Primary school. My daughter can speck fluent English. She has been accepted by most mainstream kindergarten, e.g St Cat, Kent, Youk, Keen Mind, etc. But,I've just changed my mind to send her to IS, so I missed the deadline for application for ESF Tsing Yi Kindergarten. Now, my daughter is on waiting list of Tsing Yi Kindergarten and is accepted by Anfield. I just want to know more about which Primary Schools most Anfield student will enter. Can anyone advise? Thanks a lot!!!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-3-15 13:09 |只看該作者
My friend's son has studied in Anfield and succssfully admiited by Kowloon Jr.  He was on am session which have more native English kids, seems PM session mostly are Chines and English is not their first language.

原文章由 kongsun 於 08-3-14 23:32 發表
My daughter will study in Anfield pm class this Sept. I would like to know the chance for kids studying in Anfield being admitted by ESF Primary school. My daughter can speck fluent English. She has b ...

3#
發表於 08-3-15 16:40 |只看該作者
My daughter will also study at Anfield this coming Sept am class. According to the school website, their kindergarten student mainly enter into ESF and international school.

You can even find some detail information about the admission interview primary 1 - ESF primary school on Anfield's website. So i guess, Anfield's student should have high chance to go into ESF if you apply for your daughter.

[ 本文章最後由 ksktay 於 08-3-15 16:42 編輯 ]

4#
發表於 08-3-17 16:55 |只看該作者
原文章由 ksktay 於 08-3-15 16:40 發表
My daughter will also study at Anfield this coming Sept am class. According to the school website, their kindergarten student mainly enter into ESF and international school.

You can even find some de ...

Will it be easier to enter K1 if my kid join the playgroup at Anfield ? I'm still considering their playgroup as they only offer 2 hours classes for playgroup, not quite silmilar as PN classes offered by other schools ...

5#
發表於 08-3-17 21:25 |只看該作者
Hi,

From what I knew, Anfield Kinder has no interview for K1. It's a first come first serve basis. My baby will study in am class for K1 in Sept. By the way, playgroup is different from a PN class cos companions are not allowed to PN. The major difference to playgroup is 'companion allowed'.

I personally love Anfield's playgroup and my baby loves it, too.

6#
發表於 08-3-18 12:26 |只看該作者
原文章由 VickyMum 於 08-3-17 21:25 發表
Hi,

From what I knew, Anfield Kinder has no interview for K1. It's a first come first serve basis. My baby will study in am class for K1 in Sept. By the way, playgroup is different from a PN class co ...

My kid is going to be 2 yrs old in May, if Anfield is a first come first serve basis, when should I apply K1 for my kid?

7#
發表於 08-3-18 12:30 |只看該作者
Hi Vicky,

My girl and your baby might be classmate of each other, because my girl also accepted to attend their k1 am class.
I saw at another forum, somebody say Anfield is not that good. Many kids are leaving due to teachers are not caring, is this real.
Is your baby currently attend their playgroup, what is your comment.

8#
發表於 08-3-18 17:14 |只看該作者
hi 我都想知道會唔會有interview ESF嘅機會,我怕連interview都冇,已經係waiting list.所以我都未有決定......

9#
發表於 08-3-18 23:55 |只看該作者
Hi, I remember I asked for the application form and lodged the application in September 2007 for the year 2008-2009. Actually, the enrolment form for 2008-2009 was not ready at that mement and the staff gave me the old form. The one for 2008-2009 was not ready until October 2007 I thought.

My comment to Anfield, I love it and my baby loves it, too. We only attend the Saturday sessions. My baby has been joining the groups since the tollerobic class. I heard the comments from other parents whose kids join the weekday program as well and they sound positive. Honest speaking, the facilities and toys are a bit old  but I like the 'home-like' atmosphere.

From the discussion of some parents in Baby Kingdom, I knew most of the kids go to ESF including KJS, BHS, SJS, RC etc. Can refer to the discussion in Aug 2007 for details.

10#
發表於 08-3-29 00:10 |只看該作者
HI 咁多位,睇過大家對Anfield Kindergarten嘅comment,有小小問題仲想知道,因太遲application,所以要去PM CLASS,想知道係唔係AM CLASS好過PM CLASSTHANKS

11#
發表於 08-3-29 10:18 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

12#
發表於 08-4-15 21:34 |只看該作者
九龍塘幼稚園Anfield售1.2億http://www.wenweipo.com   [2008-04-03]
 【本報訊】(記者 梁悅琴)美聯物業九龍區營業董事韋文俊表示,一本地投資者剛促成一宗九龍塘屋地成交,涉資逾1.2億元。該屋地為九龍塘森麻實道6號,地皮面積9,920平方呎,成交價逾1.2億元,該屋地已用盡地積比0.6倍,可建樓面面積約5,952平方呎,相當於樓面地價逾20,160元一呎,高度限制則為36呎。 樓面地價逾2萬元  韋文俊補充,該地現時正租予一所國際學校幼稚園 Anfield International Kindergarten ,月租約為23萬元,租約至明年第3季。據了解,買家見同類地皮罕有放售,加上看好九龍豪宅地段租金及地價之升值潛力,且區內有不少學校洽租校舍,有一定需求,因此洽購該屋地多時,終獲原業主割愛購入上述屋地作長線投資之用。他估計,續租後租金可達35萬元。

13#
發表於 08-4-15 22:32 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

14#
發表於 08-4-26 14:47 |只看該作者
I called the kindergarten, a staff said as she knew, the tenancy will continue.  Then I applied for my son in Sept 2008 K2.

Lycheema

原文章由 papaof2 於 08-4-15 22:32 發表
Does this mean Anfield will be moving somewhere else?

15#
發表於 08-4-26 21:13 |只看該作者
原文章由 lycheema 於 08-4-26 14:47 發表
I called the kindergarten, a staff said as she knew, the tenancy will continue.  Then I applied for my son in Sept 2008 K2.

Lycheema

My daughter is now studying in Anfield K1.  This school is excellent.  All teachers are caring.  It is not a big school and every teacher knows every child.  A very friendly environment.  

The only drawback is that it only teaches about 50 Chinese characters per year.  Guess this is expected given this is an international school.

My daughter is in the afternoon class.  I prefer the afternoon class myself as I don't want to have to get up too early to get to Kowloon Tong by 8:30am for the morning class.  My daughter doesn't take afternoon naps, so afternoon class is actually better for us.

Both the morning and afternoon class are staffed by the same teachers.  So there is no differences.  Most students attending the afternoon class are either ful day students at Anfield (ie:  also attends the morning class at Anfield), or they attend a local school in the morning (such as KV ans SC).

I think the chances of getting into ESF is quite high if you study in Anfield.  I overheard a parent talking that his son is not admitted into ESF Grade 1 and the school will call ESF on his behalf.  Anfield is very supportive.

16#
發表於 08-4-26 23:36 |只看該作者
原文章由 babybaby08 於 08-4-26 21:13 發表

My daughter is now studying in Anfield K1.  This school is excellent.  All teachers are caring.  It is not a big school and every teacher knows every child.  A very friendly environment.  

The only  ...
Thank you for your telling.

17#
發表於 08-4-27 09:47 |只看該作者
The most important clue to get a place in ESF P1 is to get the interview offer. The interview offer is given out according to the priority criteria listed in ESF's website.

As I said in another thread in the same forum, applicants in the lowest priority (local chinese whose mother tongue is chinese without siblings in ESF) could hardly got an ESF interview this year. Students from international kindergartens (non ESF) in this group, however, had a chance to get the interview offer according to parents on the HK island.  On the kowloon side, the competition for ESF P1 places is much keen. The chance of Anfield students getting to ESF is hard to tell, though they may  have a better chance to get an interview than students from local kindergartens.

I'm not an Anfield parent. I don't know the nationalities and the background of the Anfield students. If the students are non-chinese, their chance of getting an ESF P1 interview and a place in ESF will be higher, which makes the outsiders think that Anfield has the advantage in ESF admission.

Despite the above, I think Anfield is a nice school with caring teachers as I have heard a lot of good comments from other parents.

[ 本文章最後由 birdbird 於 08-4-27 09:53 編輯 ]

18#
發表於 08-4-28 11:13 |只看該作者
I would like to share my experience.  My son went to playgroup in Anfield for a year, and also studied K1 there for 4 months.  Then we switched him to ESF Tsing Yi for better chance to enter Shatin Junior School.  Finally & fortunately, he is admitted by SJS in the coming fall.

We applied ESF Tsing Yi in early Oct 06, and we got offer the same month, and we made the decision end of the month.  All happened just in a month! Now I thought it should be a correct decision because the P1 place in SJS is always very keen.  As I heard,  no Anfield students (not in any higher priority list) was invited to the first interview in SJS.  And I know Anfield students got the interview offer from other ESF such as BHS & KJS.  I think whether to stay in Anfield or not is all depended on which school you will apply for your child.

19#
發表於 08-4-29 13:02 |只看該作者
xmaseve

Do you know why no Anfield student was invited to the first interview in SJS?  Which school are those kids finally gone if they firstly applied for SJS?

20#
發表於 08-4-29 15:07 |只看該作者
angusbbma,

I don't know the reason behind, or may be just happened in this year.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題