教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 有無聖方濟各小學家長
樓主: happyma
go

有無聖方濟各小學家長 [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 04-9-9 11:17 |只看該作者

Re: 有無聖方濟各小學家長

Papaya,

My son is in ID.  He can swim for 50 meters and therefore I have chosen the swimming class at Kowloon Bay.  Hope he can join the swimming team.

I have posted a notice at the discussion forum of SFA's intranet and send an email to Ms Yip regarding the transportation arrangement for swimming class.  Let's see if there is any response.

happyeasy

102#
發表於 04-9-9 14:26 |只看該作者

SANMA 寫道:
請問學校游泳訓練班申請表列明"首選取錄不另行通知",因今個星期六開班,到現在還未有消息,是否已取錄呢?你們有冇收到通知?到時是不是十五分鐘前到泳池就得?

Hi Sanma

I called 泳天 separately for the status.

Jessie    

103#
發表於 04-9-9 16:26 |只看該作者

Hi Jessie:

I called "Win Tin" today, a lady told me that Mr. Tam, the coach will call me back.  I am still waiting for their reply.

How about yours?

104#
發表於 04-9-10 12:28 |只看該作者

SANMA 寫道:
Hi Jessie:

I called "Win Tin" today, a lady told me that Mr. Tam, the coach will call me back.  I am still waiting for their reply.

How about yours?

Just receive Mr Tam's call to re-confirm the schedule.

Jessie

105#
發表於 04-9-11 11:09 |只看該作者

Thank you, Jessie.  The class is confirmed and will start today.

106#
發表於 04-9-24 22:49 |只看該作者

大家係咪因為小朋友太多功課和 Dictation 而沒時間上網?你哋小朋友乎均每日做到幾多點?有否補習?

107#
發表於 04-9-25 15:04 |只看該作者

Hi, papaya,

So far, I think the homework workload is acceptable, although some exercises/worksheet are quite repetitive in nature.  My son normally finishes homework within 45 minutes as he has done part of it at school.

He got the lowest mark in class for the English Dictation last time cause I did not realized that there would be dictation the next day.   Anyway, I am not so concerned about marks. The most important thing is that he has tried his best and he loves school.

I am a working mum and do not have much time to teach him at home.  The daily routine is as follows: I arrive home at 6:30 pm. to 7:00 pm.  Take a bath and finish dinner at around 7:30 pm.  He starts to do homework and finishes at 8:15 pm.  Learns piano for 20 minutes and reads with me for 15 minutes. Bedtime already.  Anyway, he has free time from 3:30 pm. (when he arrives home from school) until 6:30 pm. Quite packed.  It would be much better if I was a full-time mum.

We do not have a private tutor.  My mother helps take care of him before I arrive home from work.

One thing, I do not want to wrap books (except work books with soft cover) for envionmental reason and to offload part of the school bag burden.  However, my son has been told several times to wrap the books despite his telling the teachers about my concern.  This is quite stubborn.

happyeasy

108#
發表於 04-9-25 16:48 |只看該作者

Hi,all parent
我覺得功課量和默書都適中,有時還覺得仔仔好得閒,好似今個星期一至四他在校已把功課做了八成,回家只需用15分鐘便完成功課。等校車時聽高年班D學生講好辛苦,每日功課量都好多。我諗小一生需要時間適應,校方唔想咁快嚇怕D小朋友和家長。
Happyeasy
下星期二Day 5是否不需要English Dictation?

109#
發表於 04-9-26 22:48 |只看該作者

Hi namanyi and Happyeasy

Received an email from Miss Tam saying it will be an unseen Dictation

Jessie   
namanyi 寫道:
Happyeasy
下星期二Day 5是否不需要English Dictation?

110#
發表於 04-9-27 00:19 |只看該作者

Jessie
Thanks!

111#
發表於 04-9-27 09:39 |只看該作者

Do you know if they use English as the medium of instruction in all English and GS lessons?

The Principal mentions there'd have a plan for the Mandarin training in the coming year but haven't heard of any plan yet, wonder if I should ask at this moment?

112#
發表於 04-9-27 10:31 |只看該作者

Hi, Dove,

I think the best scenerio is that all Chinese lessons are conducted in Mandarin.  Maybe we can write/talk to the Principal.

Wonder if there is any chance of having a gathering for SFA parents of Babykingdom.  

happyeasy

113#
發表於 05-1-5 10:58 |只看該作者

hi all sfa mom:
小兒也是 sfa 的學生. 請多多拍教!

114#
發表於 05-1-5 13:17 |只看該作者

Hi Mayfair

Welcome to you and all new SFA's mom!  Which class is your son?  It's good that you bring back this link in the front page.

My daughter has been SFA's student for four months only.  She still need to take time to follow the high standard (especially English).  Although her 1st term result was not satisfied, we have seen her to have big improvement in this period.  I hope and believe that she must follow the standard in the coming terms.  The most important point is that she likes this school and all teachers even though she feel hard sometimes.

In here, I want to express gratitude to "hoebe" who is a very nice SFA's mom.  She help me so much to pass through this critical period.  Thanks so much!

I wish all children are happy and enjoy their school life.

115#
發表於 05-1-5 13:48 |只看該作者

hi happyma:

小兒剛上學3 天 . 二年班. 新丁一名. 根據小兒報告, 他上堂上得好開心. 老師非常nice! 我都好緊張呀.
希望能順利過渡.  可否給我一些心得?
請問Literature 堂要帶什麼呢?   

116#
發表於 05-1-5 15:22 |只看該作者

Hi MayFair

Sorry!  I can only write English since I don't know how to type Chinese words.

Congratulation! Your son was accepted in this term, he must very smart.  He would be more happy as there would be more activities to celebrate 50 years anniversary in coming term. My friend's daughter also applied P.3 but failed.  Could you mind to let me know which his old school is?  Did he perform well in writing test or interview?  Do you know how many students admit in this term successfully?

About "Literature", you should bring a small story book to the lesson.

You're right, most of teachers are very very nice.  Especially one named "Ms Sxx" who always encourage my daughter and call us at the night time somedays.

"心得??" - I think I'm not a right person as I am also a new member of this school.  Nice to share with you!

117#
發表於 05-1-5 15:44 |只看該作者

Dear SFA moms

May I know which kinder do most students of SFA come from? Are they usually from Kowloon Tong kinder? I like this school very much and hope my girl can get into this school, any advise for the entry test? For girls, were they usually get into Holy Trinity?

118#
發表於 05-1-5 18:16 |只看該作者

happyma:

我知二年班收了四個插班生. 其他年班不肯定, 插班生家長會當天, 三四年班的人數印象中很少.  
小兒先前在普通津校讀書罷了.   
一月七日  chi. & maths assessment, 唔知會點測呢!
今次真係唔知會考成點喇~~ 驚驚呀. 有幾本書小兒還未買齊o架.
根據小兒報告, 同學仔都非常nice.  這幾天放學他都好好笑容. :   

119#
發表於 05-1-5 20:12 |只看該作者

在一至三年級不需太注重名次,因為上落也很大,各同學分數很接近,今次沒有名次,下次可能會考三十名內也不定。

120#
發表於 05-1-5 21:01 |只看該作者

Hi MayFair,