用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 St. Paul Kindergarten 收"細女"嗎?
樓主: YingYingMom
go

St. Paul Kindergarten 收"細女"嗎? [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 07-2-6 15:13 |只看該作者

Re: St. Paul Kindergarten 收"細女"嗎?

cinema 寫道:
My answer to YingYingMom is:
NO! SPK does not accept small girls no matter how bright she is unless with special connection

YES! For CCKG of SKH if the small kids are good enough.
I do not think that SKH or CCKG has only a few applicants so they have to take small kids unwillingly. Maybe it is the difference between Christian or Catholic belief ?

I think every kindergarten has their own criterion in selecting students, and only insiders know their selection process.  Some kinders do prefer bigger kids as they are easier to handle, like Pui Ching will not accepts kids born after Aug 31.

I don't understand your point of view.  CCKG and SHK are Christian schools, so they are willing to accept small kids?

42#
發表於 07-2-6 16:17 |只看該作者

fatping,

I do have some 'insider information' about the mentioned KGs, but it is not a so called report or statistics ( no one can share that information in  a public way ).
It is forum to exchange views and opinion, evan feeling which maybe judgemental, of course I try to avoid bias, with ultimate aim to help other Moms of BK.
Others can always express their view or feeling which needed not be fully supported with ' statistics', just in a open and freindly way.

43#
發表於 07-2-6 16:23 |只看該作者

Tamacat,
Agreed. But it will be better if SPK make it clear to the applicant ( like Pui Ching ) that there is little chance of small kids, to save time/effort of many parents.

It is just a guess, because SKH and CCKG are christian one but SPK is catholic.

44#
發表於 07-2-6 16:28 |只看該作者

cinema,

I just feel may be u don't have to attack SPK's overall quality or image due to your own view of its selection process... no matter what, of course u can be judgmental in expressing your views about SPK, but just don't understand why accepting higher ratio of "big girls" will make u think a school is BAD compare to your favorite CCKG and SKH...    :-|

I welcome your "insider's information" to share here, hopefully with impartial view...   
HELLO!

45#
發表於 07-2-6 16:30 |只看該作者

cinema,

Yes, this is what I like to hear from u "THIS IS JUST A GUESS"... thanks for your clarification of your opinions which are just guessing...

cinema 寫道:
Tamacat,
Agreed. But it will be better if SPK make it clear to the applicant ( like Pui Ching ) that there is little chance of small kids, to save time/effort of many parents.

It is just a guess, because SKH and CCKG are christian one but SPK is catholic.
HELLO!

46#
發表於 07-2-6 16:35 |只看該作者

fatping,

Sorry if I made you so unhappy if I 'attacked' SPK, although I mentioned that it is quite a good KG in my previous post.

We, as a parent have no direct benefits with any KGs but I get no benefits by 'attacking' any one. I just express quite clearly about the different treatment of some KGs is not good, if they do not mention it clearly.

I favour CCKG/SKH, in its equalness to 'age' .

47#
發表於 07-2-6 16:47 |只看該作者

cinema,

Of course i am not unhappy as I haven't applied SPK yet for my daughter...    i only feel interested in reading your posts as u strongly believe a school will only accept a student base on "age" alone, that's what puzzled me ...  as a matter of fact, i don't believe a school will just look at "age" only...

anyway, thanks for your opinions and hope your daughter has a wonderful school year...
HELLO!

48#
發表於 07-2-6 16:56 |只看該作者

Fatping,

Thank for your kind wish. I wish you will have a wonderful experience of interviewing any KGs in future.

49#
發表於 07-2-6 17:11 |只看該作者

Be realistic, there should not be absolute "fairness" in school application.

If there are more applicants than the places, there should be some criteria to pick the students, e.g. religions, affliliation with the schools, students' performance and potentials, language abilities, parents' support, age (learning stage), even appearance, etc.

Why? Schools should tend to pick students with some common characteristics so that their learning process will not be hindered.  That's why I think SPK will pick those girls at about the same age because they are at the same learning stage.  What do you think if there are always students lagging behind?  No parents or teachers would like that situation.  

Similarily, I guess CCKG may FAVOUR the students who are Christian, good at English, with good family background etc.  If this is really the case, do you think it is fair to the common people in HK?  (Don't tell me that "GOOD at English" is a basic quality for a Chinese kid of 3-4 in HK.) Still I don't have a bad feeling about CCKG, because it is just picking the right kids with common characteristics to teach.   I don't think the teachers or parents like to see some students are lagging behind because of some kind of difference. I can't see much difference here with the case with SPK if it really likes to pick the girls of similar age or those small girls with social & learning abilities as good as the bigger girls.

50#
發表於 07-2-6 17:26 |只看該作者

The point is they can choose the applicants, it is Ok if any KGs make it clearly they look for big kids, christian or good English ( CCKG makes it quite clearly the interview conducted in English with their English speaking principal).
Those kids cannot speak English should not apply CCKG or wasting the time and effort, which is not a matter of fairness. CCKG accepts small kids.
SPK's staff mentioned quite clearly they is small chance of acceptance for small kids.

51#
發表於 07-2-6 18:01 |只看該作者

cinema,

If CCKG only accepts kids that can speak English, which is your same view of SPK only accepts kids that are "big girls"... what's the difference between these 2 schools in selecting their student body? they both base on their specific criteria to accept students ... why u think CCKG is more fair than SPK if they only accepts "English speaking kids"???  Can u say CCKG discriminate against "Chinese speaking kids"???  (of course this is not my view about discrimination, only i quoted your view) I don't want to argue with u, just don't understand your rationale about "fairness" in the kinders u mentioned...

For me, there is no fairness & equality for any schools to select their students... why u have such strong belief that only SPK is unfair in this respect?   
HELLO!

52#
發表於 07-2-6 18:48 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

53#
發表於 07-2-6 19:02 |只看該作者

December borned kids can speak good English, as well as January borned kids, so it is fair for the kids if the selection is based on the language skill.
However, December borned kids were excluded from consideration if the selction is only on its birthday, so it is unfair.
Is that logical ?
You may be not trained scientically.

54#
發表於 07-2-6 19:09 |只看該作者

fatping,

if you still not understand, I have an example that can make it clear :
If a company recruite a staff requiring fluency in languages, it is fair and understandable because every one ( disregard its age etc ) ; but it will be unacceptable if the company requires applicant's birthday has to be January to June.
Does the company has the right to set that rules?
Hope you get the point now.

55#
發表於 07-2-6 20:45 |只看該作者

i think it's the way that SPK conducted the interview and assessed the kids would naturally exclude most of the "small kids" from the game.  for example, i understand that SH would arrange kids born in different months to attend interview in different rooms and kids in a specific room would be asked to do a specific task with difficulty level according to their age.  however, it seems that SPK would ask all kids to do similar tasks and the teacher interviewing the kids did not have the application forms in hand and hence would not know the kids' age when assessing the kids. very likely, they would not give allowances to small kids. in that way, big kids would generally perform better and small kids would be kicked out naturally unless they are exceptionally brilliant or have some connections. that's why they still do have a few small kids in the class.

in fact, i think this is the style of SP. SPN is even more age discriminating. last year, kids who were born after March, except those with connections, of course, didn't even get a chance for interview  .     
該用戶已被刪除

56#
發表於 07-2-7 09:34 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

57#
發表於 07-2-7 09:40 |只看該作者

咦~如果我同我老公响interview時perform得好d,咁個女都有希望喎...不過依家無lu
samuellor 寫道:

I don't think so. My girl is in K2. She borns in Oct.

Cheers,

58#
發表於 07-2-7 09:42 |只看該作者

I also saw similar negative comments to other schools in Primary Topic, just to let someone not to pick the school.... of course I don't know that's true or not. But 人言可畏, 一傳十,十傳佰, a lot of ppl will give up the seats just because the rumous...

For me... I think each schools had their own criterions to accept which types of child to get in, that's the game, if you want to get in, then you've to comply, otherwise not to apply then!

59#
發表於 07-2-7 11:26 |只看該作者

cinema,

I don't mean to start a war here... there are some parents saying their kids are "small girls" who studied in SPK and why u always have to say "no small girls" will study in SPK???  all these are just your "guessing" that ALL SPK girls are "big girls", that's what i don't understand how u can be so sure of something and said  SPK is "bad in their image & quality"  at their selection process by using your judgmental guessing... i am not pro/con any schools here or pro their selection process, i just don't favor your "prejudice" comments when looking at a school which might not favor your daughter's age (ability??) during the selection process...  

for me, all the selection process which is done by humans will not be fair...  :-|  :-|  

Your company recruitment example cannot fit into SPK's situation as there are "small girls" studying in SPK...     
HELLO!

60#
發表於 07-2-7 11:53 |只看該作者

Dear All,
不如甘啦!我囡囡係今年interview的, result要19/3之後先有, 到時收/不收都上黎通知 ~ 講明係"細女"/"大女"和有沒有宗教?好唔好?!其實我都想知    
Don't worry!Be happy![/color purple]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題