國際學校學生的出路   [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 12-5-12 12:13 |只看該作者

回覆:國際學校學生的出路

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

22#
發表於 12-5-12 13:24 |只看該作者
這只是我的觀察和想法,何必開名傷害就讀的小朋友和家長。

大家幫小朋友報名前,去學校看看,睇吓學校的刊物、上網看看university placement的track record、 問吓相熟朋友的經驗(不要只問一次,多數人第一次講都是客氣說話居多)。

點評

pinkrose  Totally agree !!!!  發表於 12-5-17 12:33
Chole  Agree!  發表於 12-5-12 18:59
awah112    發表於 12-5-12 14:41

23#
發表於 12-5-18 09:15 |只看該作者
淨系個升小一派位制度已經唔公平啦....IS好處系令小朋友"開腦", 時常有outing同埋做實驗....令佢地對一些抽象的思考會更易明白.

24#
發表於 12-5-18 09:51 |只看該作者
chongnicole 發表於 12-5-11 22:43
幾個方面,去school tour時看課室、壁布貼堂的功課,真是淺。又和幾個同時有小朋友在IS及名LS的朋友談過,非語文功課的深淺相差亦頗大。

香港小朋友好多幼稚園就要背乘數表,國際學校就平均 p3 先開始學乘數,但高中一樣讀到 calculus,到大學都一樣讀得上 differential equation
香港小朋友幼稚園學 d 英文生字,有咁長得咁長,policeman,xylophone,telephone;國際學校小學重學緊 am are the 呢 d sight words,要比,大家可以話香港小朋友英文好過鬼妹,嘩,信心又番黎喇
有心要 show off 學生的表現,大可以好似某名女校咁,將學生的作品,由老師潤筆再潤筆,(重未計交功課前由補習老師修改) 先放出黎比人睇,個個剃到嘩嘩聲,不過有幾成係學生真跡自己估
國際學校在初小階段不主張隨便修改學生的作品,有時串錯字都唔會理,最緊要小朋友做得開心;當然到高小老師會執著 d

點評

annie40  totally agreed!  發表於 12-5-18 12:57

25#
發表於 12-5-18 10:26 |只看該作者
香港敎育有幾好個個心裡有數,經濟許可會去IS,不然留在LS都要面對,講得好就讓自己心裡會好d吧

26#
發表於 12-5-18 13:32 |只看該作者
回復 bobbycheung 的帖子

外面D家长见我地嘻嘻哈哈, 以为IS 好易入, 又唔洗点读书.  交学费就得, 仲怕课程太浅, 拖垮孩子前途, 真是美丽的误会吧!  大家要弄清楚, IS 的中文是国际学校, 中文是可選或不選的一科, 要学得多好, 是家长和孩子的责任大于学校的责任.  世界上那有perfect life, perfect education, perfect choice.

这里再提醒是一般念完小学或初中的孩子考进IS, 功课上写的只是practical english, 四平八稳, 难有creative writing 的作品, 和文科上渴求的天马行空的天份.  大家唔好甘贪婪, 以为教育可以用formula 算到尽, 读完中文读英文, 就一定最理想嘞!

我知道自己里排有D懆, 是罪过, 但是唔讲得直接D, 很多家长不明白, 还会误会下去的.  

點評

vinvillalee  人就係咁矛盾. 讀LS的家長擔心小朋友英文程度. 讀IS的家長就擔心中文程度. 真矛盾.  發表於 12-5-18 14:00

27#
發表於 12-5-18 14:40 |只看該作者
回復 chongnicole 的帖子

我覺得好的IS是比名LS好,因為它的教學理念、愉快的學習氛圍是好珍貴。但如果是一般IS,中文又吳得、學術又平平,咁父母每年付了~10萬學費去栽培小朋友,是否得到想要的成果!?
我甘愿年付了~10萬,20萬,30萬學費, 是基与家庭财力可以负担, 让小朋友在优良的学习环境中长大, 希望其有光明正大的品格, 有保护自我的能力, 有装备面对未来的挑战.  有仁爱帮助弱小.  

如果有家长想要的成果是孩子最终入了一流名校如Harvard, 那容我在此分享, 今年好友的孩子刚给Harvard and Stanford (香港只有两位学生) 同时收取了, 是那间年付10萬學費的便宜平常IS的 学生.  从少是0% tution, 唔识中文, 得闲或唔得闲都四处当义工, 参与教会, 热爱生命, 热爱挑战, 还有阿妈阿爸是打工仔, 忙碌非常, 但爱心无穷, 还要收养有障碍的小妹, 要数兄弟帮忙轮流照顾的. 生活支出要仔细, 买东西要讲价.  

当大家年觉得年付10萬學費栽培小朋友, 在盆算成果时, 请参考以上, 反思人生的遗漏, 然后调节对孩子的合理期望吧!

其实大家可以忘记那10萬大元, 节省那10萬, 如父母能做好家庭教育,  孩子必定出类拔萃, 一流大学是搶着要吧!

28#
發表於 12-5-18 14:57 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 bobbycheung 於 12-5-18 15:01 編輯
annie40 發表於 12-5-18 14:40
回復 chongnicole 的帖子

我覺得好的IS是比名LS好,因為它的教學理念、愉快的學習氛圍是好珍貴。但如果是 ...

Annie,

你又真係有D燥.  lol    我就係嗰D想孩子最终能夠進入一流名校的家長.  聽你講, 我都有反思過.  最後的結論是希望孩子 好似你咁講 "在优良的学习环境中长大, 希望其有光明正大的品格, 有保护自我的能力, 有装备面对未来的挑战.  有仁爱帮助弱小.....,"  最好又能進入一流名校  :)  

PS:  Oh, 仲有揾到份好工, 嫁個好老公..........

Bobby

29#
發表於 12-5-18 15:42 |只看該作者
回復 bobbycheung 的帖子

最好又能進入一流名校 *
我的secret dream 都比你讲埋出离, 做人想虚伪D 都唔得. 你间学校铺排得当, 机会好高, 我果间就要靠打'天才波', 随时富贵, 又或者闭隘. 天晓得.  按多劳多得的理论, 闭隘是较合理的期望吧!

做得来的便是好工作. 收得人家的合理报酬, 当然要有点料子吧!

阁下真是个好爸爸, 连嫁個好老公..........都想定先.  差在唔讲埋生番两三个可爱小B,

30#
發表於 12-5-18 16:10 |只看該作者
回復 annie40 的帖子

嫁個好老公一定要想定先.  因為以佢家吓嘅表現, 要揾個老公(好唔好另計), 相信比進入一流名校更難.
我唔夠胆提生番两三个可爱小B, 因為驚要我幫佢take care.

31#
發表於 12-5-18 17:07 |只看該作者
回復 annie40 的帖子

躁什麼呢?其他人吳可以有吳同意見?一定要同你想法一樣先啱,先令你吳動氣?

是否仁愛幫助別人、熱愛生命,和什麼學校無關,這是題外話。

今時今日仲覺得作為香港人,覺得吳識中文係無問題,Good luck。難道最近那個品學兼優的南亞裔律師搵工到處碰壁,吳搞起警鐘?

對小朋友的愛和教育係無私的奉獻,但選學校、揀邊度學課外活動都是看cost benefit的,這是理性考慮。

32#
發表於 12-5-18 19:48 |只看該作者
I plan for my kid to study in IS as I want him to have a happy childhood, rather than thinking too much about future career and the like. However, if you do think of $$ he/she is going to ultimately earn, i strongly advise you to go the LS route. HKU/CU/HKUST in particular are the best "viable" choices and it is easier to go their via LS. There are only a handful of overseas universities better than these 3 if the kid will work in HK, and it is now getting extremely, extremely difficult to get in without good family connection due to the competition from mainland and indian students (who scores way better than HK students, and can study 20 hours a day). It is nothing like the case when we were applying colleges years ago, and it will only get worse the time when my and your kids apply years later.

If you think IS is a shortcut to these colleges, forget it.

33#
發表於 12-5-18 22:37 |只看該作者
There are many overseas univ better than the 3 univ in Hk. Ivy league in the us and Oxbridge/lse/Russell group in the uk.
By the way, I'm looking for a local school that does not produce students with Hk accent English. It's quite embarrassing/disappointing in work meetings to learn that somebody who graduates from a Hk university/elite local school to speak the Hk accent while another meeting participant only graduates from an IS but speaks fluent and native English.

Perhaps we can say this - if you are middle to upper middle class, go for a decent IS ($100,000+ per annum)
If you're middle class, can try ESF ($60,000 per annum)
If you're lower to middle class, go to DSS

Is this sensible? You can cite many examples of famous/rich people in Hk sending their kids to IS.

34#
發表於 12-5-18 23:05 |只看該作者
21Ckid, your statement "There are only a handful of overseas universities better than these 3" is VERY WRONG.   There are plenty of very good overseas universities, some much much better that these 3 HK Uni.   There must be a very good reason why so many HK local family want to send their kids to IS, the crappy local education system.   The competition to enter IS is so fierce that even expatriate kids can't get a place.   I fully agree with hkparent , it is very very embarassing to hear HK Uni graduates speak English .... and it is getting worse.

35#
發表於 12-5-18 23:41 |只看該作者
Please note that the original statement made by 21Ckid is: "There are only a handful of overseas universities better than these 3 if the kid will work in HK,"

36#
發表於 12-5-18 23:46 |只看該作者
回復 PoohsBaby 的帖子

// it is very very embarassing to hear HK Uni graduates speak English //

Wait until you hear 崔世安的普通話
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwOemRiuO5A

Sorry, 離咗題.

點評

annie40  oh, i should share it with friends.  I'm laughing so hard.  發表於 12-5-19 14:57
Atticus  

Nice to have a good sense of humour :)  發表於 12-5-18 23:55

37#
發表於 12-5-18 23:52 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 friendlyguy 於 12-5-18 23:53 編輯

I have to say that I would not embarass when I hear a Hong Konger speak English with Hong Kong accent (that's the way I speak English) as with Singaporean speak with Singapore accent, Aussie speak with Austrailian accent, Scottish speak with Scottish accent, American speak with American accent, Welsh speak with Welsh accent..............................................

38#
發表於 12-5-19 00:19 |只看該作者
I think there are at most 10-20 colleges which are considered better than the local big 3 in HK and China, and getting into these is extremely difficult. The mainlanders, indians and koreans are squeezing out hongkongers in recent years and it is much more difficult than in our days, and would only get worse. Some of my friends are having their kids going to college this year and that's why i know. The local big 3 are much easier 2nd choices.

I certainly hope my kid will speak good accents as, sadly, many hongkongers (like you) and mainlands look down upon those who can't and discriminate against fellow countrymen. But I certinaly wouldn't feel ashamed of my own spoken english. Actually, one of my gweilo friend told me the way hongkongers treat them here made many of his fellows (he insisted he wasn't one of them) made them feel so superior and look down upon locals. I have lived abroad for some years and I can say the discrimination is far less there. It is a sad fact, but still, one should be proud of his own language and birth place before others may respect you.

39#
發表於 12-5-19 00:19 |只看該作者
Agreed w friendlyguy, similar to people in China speaking Mandarin, they have different accent because of local dialect.  I believe if we can communicate fluently, there is nothing wrong speaking English with HK accent.

點評

Jackieson  Like: I believe if we can communicate fluently, there is nothing wrong speaking English with HK accent.  發表於 12-5-29 16:50

40#
發表於 12-5-19 00:23 |只看該作者
Anyway, has anyone tried Selin Chinese? Is it good? Whether LS or IS we have to admit that Chinese is important.

點評

annie40  more like supplementary for LS students.  Not for IS students.  發表於 12-5-19 14:59
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖