教育王國 討論區 國際學校 亞仔有輕微autism,有無國際學校收?
查看: 6031|回覆: 31
go

亞仔有輕微autism,有無國際學校收? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-9-20 20:34 |只看該作者

亞仔有輕微autism,有無國際學校收?

雖然係咁,但佢D英文唔差,聽同講都算OK,有無國際學校收?如何apply?interview時好唔好同學校講佢有病? :cry:
[img align=left]http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/40622.birthday.png[/img]Justin

2#
發表於 06-9-21 00:38 |只看該作者

Re: 亞仔有輕微autism,有無國際學校收?

當然理論上, 任何常規學校都不會因為你仔有autism而拒絕他. 我知有部份英基亦有autistic kids. 如果你把你仔的情況寫在申請表上, 將來學校如取錄了他, 便可作出過合適安排.

3#
發表於 06-9-21 09:31 |只看該作者

Zuke,  

If your child has an official diagnosis of Autism, you should let the school knows.  Nowadays some international schools (at least the ones my kid applied to) stated clearly on the form that you have to disclose if your child has any special needs, otherwise they reserve the rights to dismiss the kid even after they admitted him.

I would like to warn you ahead that it is not an easy process, you may feel disappointed with some of the attitudes of these international schools.  Try ICS, ESF, AISHK, CAIS...etc.

Good luck!

4#
發表於 06-9-21 10:43 |只看該作者

I got an impressive, probably from hearsay, that the Korean International admitted quite a number of autistic children.  Not so sure.  You may simply call.

5#
發表於 06-9-21 12:45 |只看該作者

BBQQ 寫道:
當然理論上, 任何常規學校都不會因為你仔有autism而拒絕他. 我知有部份英基亦有autistic kids. 如果你把你仔的情況寫在申請表上, 將來學校如取錄了他, 便可作出過合適安排.

Agree.  They have SEN section to accommodate children with special education needs.

6#
發表於 06-9-23 14:36 |只看該作者

Dommon,
which school your kid's studying? did the interview run smoothly? :-|
[img align=left]http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/40622.birthday.png[/img]Justin

7#
發表於 06-9-25 14:21 |只看該作者

zuke,

You can try CAIS, as far as I know, they are willing to accept special needs kids, they have accepted a blind girl few years ago, who has been declined by other int'l schools.

醒目開學勳章

8#
發表於 06-9-26 17:50 |只看該作者

barnie

Could you let me know what CAIS stands for?

Ryanma
barnie 寫道:
zuke,

You can try CAIS, as far as I know, they are willing to accept special needs kids, they have accepted a blind girl few years ago, who has been declined by other int'l schools.

9#
發表於 06-9-27 09:18 |只看該作者

Zuke,

My kid is in Shatin Junior.  His latest diagnosis is PDD NOS.  He did fine in the interview.   Shatin Junior offers main stream only.  If you would like learning support classes, they are only availabel in Beacon Hill, Brabury and Kowloon Junior.

The Korean International School hosts the Springboard Project which takes 10 autistic kids.

There are very limited options for English-speaking ASD kids.  If you kid can speak Chinese, then you can choose an accomodating local school.

10#
發表於 06-10-3 15:12 |只看該作者

Out of curiosity.  For parents whose kids have any symptoms of autism, were the kids breastfed when they were babies?  Did the mother eat a lot of fish during breastfeeding?

11#
發表於 06-10-5 11:01 |只看該作者

CAIS - Christian Alliance International School

Ryanma 寫道:
barnie

Could you let me know what CAIS stands for?

Ryanma
[quote]
barnie 寫道:
zuke,

[/quote]

12#
發表於 06-10-16 21:51 |只看該作者

Dommon,
1) On CAIS application form, they require to attach the medical report, but my child was diagnosis to have speech delay and fair concentration ~ 2.5 yrs ago (I think the medical report was not up to date). So you think I need to do an assessment again (if so, where? any suggestions?) or attach that 'old report'?
2) They require the medical report offically translate to English, but I've ask the child assessment clinic (Kwuntong), the clerk said that she has asked the doctor and the doctor said that they will not do so  because they said that it is an assessment form, not a report, they never translate such form before   :evil:     what should I do?
SORRY FOR ASKING U SO MUCH QUESTIONS!! :cry:

13#
發表於 06-11-1 14:11 |只看該作者

其實你的孩子多大?他是否難以認讀中文字?

14#
發表於 06-11-1 15:22 |只看該作者

zuke 寫道:
雖然係咁,但佢D英文唔差,聽同講都算OK,有無國際學校收?如何apply?interview時好唔好同學校講佢有病? :cry:

Try Norwegian International School: www.nis.edu.hk

學校不算大,有Special Education Needs teacher. 學生得到有效的attention.

15#
發表於 06-11-1 17:40 |只看該作者

To: cccandy
thanks

16#
發表於 06-11-1 22:33 |只看該作者

Zuke, Heep Hong can write you a report in English, they charge a thousand something for that.  Of course you need to update your report to apply to a school.  If you require an English speaking eductional psychologist, try Caleb Knight or Michael Wood.  They are not cheap.

17#
發表於 06-11-1 23:19 |只看該作者

yes.... 最好有國際學校收!!
國際學校係外國角度黎講,唔會當autistic學生係傷殘咁睇!同埋佢地學校應有晒應付呢dcase既經驗
local 未必肯....我既意思係...即使佢地肯我都唔覺得會好願意

記得當年有人係顛癇症,間學校(係名校)話除非學生能夠提供一個24小時看護,如果咪唔洗諗係原校讀f.4...
結果佢去左esf 讀,後來到外地升學。

18#
發表於 06-11-1 23:23 |只看該作者

I dun think breatfeeding is the reason for the onset of autism because it is a developmental pervasive disorder........ it has a neurological deficit which already laid its seeds before he was born.
th problems are only manifested as the child develops

19#
發表於 06-11-2 09:33 |只看該作者

thanks     

20#
發表於 06-11-6 17:01 |只看該作者

想請問亞仔幾多歲?有什麼特徵是輕微autism?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題