搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際英文幼稚園 St Catherine result
發新帖
樓主: BBLAX
go

St Catherine result [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-11-30 13:28 |顯示全部帖子
首先向所有BK問安,又向有Offer的父母說聲恭喜、恭喜!如果在Waiting list的父母,都不要灰心,因為還有機會哩!我都同意一句話:This is not the end of the world.
我有3個小朋友,3個都好感恩可以入到SC。屈指一算,我要陪小朋友讀SC八年時間,因為第一個小朋友已經P2,第二個K3,第三個將會入SC N Class。
我看見好多父母對SC有不同感受,我都想分享一下。
首先,SC老師好似不夠tender love and care。對於"論盡"的小朋友的幫助不夠多。我同意SC不是helicopter teachers,但肯定有tender love, care and wisdom。我記得我第二個小朋友比較內向、太靜,SC老師都好直接指出問題。不過,她們不是說了就走,反而用多種"絕招"把小朋友改變過來。她們常常說,SC小朋友一定要主動,independent及敢言。坦白說,老師對自己的小朋友有批評,一定不開心,但當第二個小朋在今年K3考取心儀小學offers,任何不開心的說話都拋諸腦後。我記得第一、第二個小朋友都在11月左右有Offers或second interviews,我第一時間就返SC和SC老師分享喜悅!好多謝SC老師,小朋友的好多問題真的只有外面有心人才夠牙力糾正。
第二,SC課程好深好難!我都同意,SC父母肯定要花時間"谷"功課,起初我都反對這種形式。不過,眼看小朋友很快就滿口英語,不同concepts好入,又好喜歡返學,又喜歡reading,我都決定支持他們,兩公婆全力配合學校課程。其實,香港的教育就是這樣,家長不配合,小朋友學業就差些。
第三,SC到K3就要考P1,SC小朋友好多都在11月、12月左右有offers。不過,我給大家心裡準備,考小一越來越難,大家可以看看出生率已經大幅回升就明白。再者,全港家長心儀的十大名小學又搞小班,不少SC Upper家長都覺得SC的名牌效應都不如以往。但是,SC始終是SC,我今年都在小一入學second interviews聽到有學校讚賞SC英文好,小朋友好活。
最後,SC家長非常competitive,不少小朋友都有不少awards,對於不想爭的家長都有壓力。我好感謝主,在SC都認識了不少戰友,都是好朋友了!
希望上述分享幫助大家作出决定哩。

2#
發表於 10-11-30 14:19 |顯示全部帖子
Yes. I know there were some parents in past years to write a letter to request for change from PM to AM or vice versa. You need to state out your reasons for such a change. There were some successful cases in the past.

原帖由 yummymama 於 10-11-30 13:45 發表
I also got an offer for PM at Norfolk. My baby is 0808 girl. Wonder if it's possible to request a place in AM instead.

3#
發表於 10-11-30 14:50 |顯示全部帖子
我三個小朋友都讀英粵班,所以都不能比較英普英粵之別!
不過我在SC堅持入英粵班,主要因為英粵班不少老師都有20+年教學經驗,其中有不少有master degrees,日子久了,小朋友都愛模仿老師言行舉止,師資這一點十分重要!
至於SC要努力比賽,我的情況最多都是一年5-6次,可以接受,又集中在暑假。比賽目的,主要希望trian up小朋友面對群眾及說話技巧,比賽成績不是最重要。畢竟,小一面試都是這樣,臨場表現非常重要!

原帖由 brrbaby2007 於 10-11-30 14:24 發表

請問你覺得值唔值得放棄其他kinders既英普班讀SC既英粵班?有BK媽咪分享讀SC要博命出去比賽攞獎你認為值得嗎?小朋友同大人會唔會好倦?

4#
發表於 10-11-30 15:27 |顯示全部帖子
要不要補習英普?我想不用吧!只要替他們温習學校課程,已經OK。SC的中英普課程好清楚,有weekly plans,有revision games,有CD,有兒歌,好多都有親子元素,相信不能靠補習。
至於比賽,都是父母自己安排,最hot有speech contests, singing contests, drawing competitions, music ... 看小朋友天賦吧!

原帖由 brrbaby2007 於 10-11-30 15:14 發表

呢點我都響St Cat條thread到過,K2開始NET響到時間少左,到底使唔使出去補英普?

5#
發表於 10-11-30 15:38 |顯示全部帖子
I am just sharing my experience in SC and hope it can help. I think it is a matter of matching. You need to do more information collection to match the best for your kid. All the best.
原帖由 sharon26788 於 10-11-30 15:17 發表

睇完你咁講小朋友讀得咁好,我更加心大心細,因為SC收左我囡AM 英粵班,本來我報英普班架,唔知點算好添.唯有等埋其他結果先啦,仲有幾間未IN.

6#
發表於 10-12-3 10:35 |顯示全部帖子
What are the major differences between the 2 campuses?

As far as I know, there should be no big difference indeed. In terms of teacher experience, both campuses have teachers with 20+ years of teaching track record. With regards to the P1 admission result, I know parents from both parents with second interviews to DBS, DGJS, etc from both campuses. I think it all depends on how parents and kids perform for the next 3 years.

There is also no need to worry between am and pm sessions and E/C and E / P classes. I think there are equal opportunities for all kids. It is just an entrance point. There are many factors to determine where to go at your exit point (i.e. which primary school to go to).

7#
發表於 10-12-3 10:45 |顯示全部帖子
In Norfolk Campus and K3 this year, there are 4 -5 E/P classes and around 7 - 8 E/C classes. Each K3 class has around 20+ kids. There are fewer students (520-530 my guess) in K3 as some have changed to other schools, mostly CCKG / GH / Singapore Int'l / etc when they were in SC K2 last year. SC will not take new K3 and rarely K2 new students. Correct me if my understanding is wrong !
原帖由 bec2460101 於 10-12-3 09:15 發表
請問St. Cat 有幾多班是英普, 幾多班是英粵?

8#
發表於 10-12-7 15:12 |顯示全部帖子
Registration for first round shortlisted applicant is to be done on 11th Dec 2010 (this Saturday).

9#
發表於 10-12-11 15:00 |顯示全部帖子
Many BK friends keep asking the P1 admission result of St. Cat K3 students this year. I think it's still too early to tell, as many famous primary schools, e.g DGJS, DBS, APS, etc are still reviewing their final final shortlists / doing their first/second rounds of interviews. So, check this website in Jan 2011 and more news can be reported.
I think only 50-60% of K3 students are really satisfied and determined with their offers obtained. Those boys who have got Ying Wah's offer may wait DB and try Lasalle. Those girls who have offers from Good Hope are still waiting for DGJS and may try MCS / St. Mary in June 2011.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題