go

點解有人讀左國際學校既英文... [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-12-4 07:30 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 wlk168win 於 07-12-3 23:50 發表
點解有人讀左英基(小學)既英文...都只係好一般既?? (幼稚園開始讀)

係咪同父母既英文水平(低)有關??

屋企只有不太懂英語既印僱!

Is your child willing to participate in discussion in class?  Does s/he have a lot of foreign friends in school?  Have you helped your child read and write a lot at home?

I helped in class in my kid's school, there are 30 students per class, some just sit there dreaming and are not willing to respond to teachers.  Some are very talkative, some always raise their hands eagerly...

There are so many kids with different characters, in the same Y1 class, some can read over level 10, some still read level 3.  Standard can vary very much.  So where does your child stand?

[ 本文章最後由 WYmom 於 07-12-4 07:31 編輯 ]

2#
發表於 07-12-5 11:59 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 freshman 於 07-12-5 10:30 發表
Hi nintendo,

I don't know why there are so many BK parents here said that I am "christf".  I think I really have to spend time to read through all his postings to know what's wrong with him.

To repl ...

freshman,

So which IS is your friend's kid studying?  The passage you quote does appears to be written by IS students.  I believe s/he is a very smart kid who has got good support from parents.

I am not surprised to see someone said that some IS kids' English is so-so if those kids speak Cantonese more than English even in school.  Entering IS never means that parents can just assume that the kids will be very good in English automatically.  Even native English kids can be poor in read and write if parents do not care to help their kids do their work at home (read books or do the worksheets given by school as minimum).  IS usually teaches kids how to learn, but not spoon-feeding hard data to kids, so kids really need to learn through reading a lot, practise a lot show and tell, write a lot... etc.  There is no free lunch.

If parents co-ordinate with school to work together in helping their kids, usually the kids are motivated to learn positively and can excel.  I think this applies to all types of schools, there are always very good and just so-so performing kids, no matter it is SPCC, DGS, DBS or LS.

3#
發表於 07-12-5 12:59 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 freshman 於 07-12-5 12:39 發表
Hi WYmom,

As the atmosphere in BK is not so friendly, so I don't want to disclose too much about the background of my friends and their kid.  I can only tell that my friends' son is studying in an IS ...

freshman,

Thanks for your sharing.  Yes, that's the way how parents support the kids positively.  In IS, we don't care too much how the kids perform as compared to others, but more concern if the kids are progressing positively and are becoming more confident.  

I believe you can find a very good school for your daughter with your good friend's experience.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題