教育王國 討論區 特殊教育 "Biomedical Treatment - Parents' Group "
樓主: kawai
go

"Biomedical Treatment - Parents' Group " [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 05-12-1 07:29 |顯示全部帖子

Re: "Biomedical Treatment - Parents' Group "

Dear HayBMum,
Oh!  I see.  My son has got the correct dosage.   Thanks.

Dear chanchanboy,
According to my experience, a restrictive diet without starch is the most efficient way to kill the yeast in addition to taking yeast control medicine.  That's why my son seldom eats starch.  Apart from this, DMSA may facilitate yeast growth.  Be alert while the child is taking DMSA.  I don't let my son eat starch especially when he is taking DMSA.  So far, he shows good progress (in terms of expression and communication) after taking DMSA and B-12.

Work harder! Never give up!

我們怕孩子的人生路途滿佈荊棘,與其為孩子在路上舖一層地毯,不如在孩子的腳上穿上一雙鞋。

82#
發表於 05-12-1 14:01 |顯示全部帖子

Dear ultramom,
I have not heard of td form dmsa.  But I know that the health condition of the child must be excellent before he takes DMSA as DMSA may be harmful to the child's health to a certain extent.

Dear HayBMum,
According to your experience, when will the child show obvious improvement after taking B-12?  Thanks.

83#
發表於 05-12-7 18:57 |顯示全部帖子

Dear chanchanboy,
My son will have heavy metal test in this coming January (after finishing five DMSA courses).   

Dear ultramom,
While the child is taking DMSA, he should not eat any starch-related food to avoid yeast overgrowth.  My child has taken CFGF and starch free diet since March 2004.  His diet is fresh meat, vegetable and fruit.  So far so good.  He even gains weight and eats more varieties of food.  

84#
發表於 05-12-18 13:46 |顯示全部帖子

Dear chanchanboy,
DMSA is an extremely strong medicine.  The child must have good physical condition while taking it.  You must stop it until your son has fully recovered.

BTW, my child has tried it for about 3 months.  He is quite moody and does not listen to instruction when he is on medication.  

chanchanboy 寫道:
Dear all,

I have a very urgent question.  My son begins his 2nd round of DMSA.  Today is the 2nd day.  He gets a cough and a fever tonight.  I have no choice but to give him Paracetamol.  Should I stop the DMSA tomorrow at once?  I believe I should.

Thanks.

85#
發表於 05-12-19 19:28 |顯示全部帖子

My child takes blood test after the 2nd dose of DMSA.  He will have another one together with hair test in Jan.

chanchanboy 寫道:
Thank you kawai and mrsphcheung!

BTW mrs cheung, did your son have any blood test or urine test regularly for the DMSA ?  

[quote]
mrsphcheung 寫道:
my child has tried it for about 3 months.
[/quote]

86#
發表於 05-12-28 19:13 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Kawai,
Do you mean that papaya-free enzyme is not available at Little Giant?

87#
發表於 06-1-4 20:17 |顯示全部帖子

Dear all,
After 2-month injection of B-12, my son has shown great improvement in social awareness (witnessed by his trainers).  His comprehension and expression were assessed as above his age during the speech assessment.  However, there are still many weak areas, e.g. poor narration skill, poor compliance, weak time management, poor social behaviour (用語言或者行動欺凌其他比他差的小朋友), ...., etc.  

仍然需要不停的訓練。       

88#
發表於 06-1-5 07:46 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Siu_Ming,
After several attempts, I have discovered a good method --- to bath my child with warm water before the injection so as to let him relax and keep the skin soft.  I just use alcohol, no other cream, as antiseptic.  He feels less painful and co-operates well.  

Dear Kawai,
Thanks a lot.  My son is naughty and 一定要嚴加管教before going to P.1.  

[quote]
Siu_Ming 寫道:
We are also trying to do B12 but are now facing some technical problem.  I just want to know when you do the injection, will you use anesthetic cream, cooling cream etc. before doing the injection?

89#
發表於 06-1-5 12:29 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Sjmama,
I use the the syringe with pre-filled B-12 which is very user-friendly.

sjmama 寫道:
May I ask which type of B-12 shots are you using? The one you use the syringe to take out certain amount each time from a bottle or the syringe with pre-filled B-12?

Dr. Lam gave us the former type, but my husband Siu_Ming thought that the latter type should be used after he searched the information from the web.

90#
發表於 06-1-5 12:33 |顯示全部帖子

真是有血有淚,個中辛酸不足為外人道。

[quote]
HayBMum 寫道:
Mrscheung,
Congratulation! I think the MB12 injection contributes a bit to the improvement only.  It's all your effort that makes the total improvement of your son.  

91#
發表於 06-1-5 12:42 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Dommon,
My child's classmate is taking nasal spray and B-12 injection together as the parents doubt about the effectiveness of nasal spray.  They don't want to miss the golden time of development of their kid.  So far so good.  They visit Dr. Ko.

92#
發表於 06-1-5 15:32 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Wewangwang,
  Your kid behaves well.  I hope that my naughty boy can attend lesson with your child next time.

wewangwang 寫道:
Mrscheung,

Congratulations! I pay tribute to all the efforts you have made.  . He has become  a high high functioning kid la.  

93#
發表於 06-1-28 09:58 |顯示全部帖子

Dear all,
My son has tried 5 dosages of DMSA.  He neither shows great emotional nor behavioural disorder.  His learning situation seems to be better than before.  However, his stool is somtimes watery and has 賴屎 (just a very small amount) several times .  He reports to me that he 賴屎.  He never 賴屎 before taking DMSA.  I have stopped the DMSA and will visit Dr. Trodd after the Lunar New Year holiday.

94#
發表於 06-1-28 15:47 |顯示全部帖子

My son takes a pulse of DMSA every 11 days continuously.  The pulse lasts for 3 days.  I just follow Dr. Trodd's instruction.

MerMee 寫道:
hi mrsphcheung,

thank you for sharing.  may i know whether your 5 dosages / pulses were taking continuously.  that means right after the 11th day, you start taking the 2nd pulse?  In fact does it really matters?

95#
發表於 06-2-6 12:45 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Chanchanboy,
My boy has tried CFGF and starch-free (except during big festivals and school vacations) diet for almost 2 years.  He is medium in size and has good appetite for any kind of food.  He takes Huston enzyme as a digestive aid.  For supplements, my boy takes vitamin C, Eye-Q and calcium.  I try to minimize the types of supplements as I don't want to over-rely on them.

I find that there is individual variation about the effect of restrictive diet.  Some kids may have significant improvement in all aspects, but some mayn't.  That's why many traditional psychiatrists express reservations upon the diet.

96#
發表於 06-2-8 14:41 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Kawai,
How about the lead in liquid foundation or powder?  Does it hurt?  

97#
發表於 06-2-11 09:24 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Justin2002,
Please count me for 2 bottles of TF classic.  Thanks.

98#
發表於 06-2-11 21:11 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Ultramom,
He is quite good at 頭顱按摩.  He practises in Singapore and visits HK occasionally.  I booked for his appointment in last December and haven't got any confirmed appointment yet.  

ultramom 寫道:
Hi 各位,
我周五帶咗阿仔(第一次)去睇一個脊醫, 想試吓cranio sacral therapy. 未去之前都知佢有"研究"biomedical treatment. 點知講開, 佢話佢都係dan! doctor. 我返屋企之後, 上網查吓, 真係有佢嗰名, 只不過佢係星架坡人, (唔知幾時嚟咗香港?), 所以佢嗰名係under "singapore".

99#
發表於 06-2-13 15:02 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Justin2002,
Thanks a lot.

100#
發表於 06-2-21 15:06 |顯示全部帖子

Dear all,
Do you get 'highly concentrated' B-12 from Dr. Trodd?  I will visit him next week and want to ask him for it.  Thanks.

Dear Sjmama,
There is a period of regression at the very beginning may be due to chemical reaction in the body.  The child will perform well after getting used to B-12 (it may last for several weeks).

sjmama 寫道:
各位有用B12的家長:

想請問你們的孩子用了B12後多久,才看到進展呢?我們的兒子打B12有一個月了, 但他的專注力似乎反而差了,而且非常VOCAL.請問你們的孩子若有REGRESSION 或NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECT, 大概要多久才會恢復正常?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題