搜索
教育王國 討論區 愛秩序灣官立小學 16網唔催谷學校
發新帖
樓主: SmellyChu
go

16網唔催谷學校 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-9-9 16:44 |顯示全部帖子
2 years ago I answered a similar question.  Today I will still say the same thing:

It's a good school.  My kid is leading a happy campus life.
How good is it?
1) modern / spacious campus and facilities
2) school workload not as heavy as other traditional schools
3) the principal, vice-principals and most of the teachers are enthusiastic
4) full support for those falling behind in terms of academic performance
5) no compulsory rules on how you choose your ECAs.  Totally at your own discretion (or at your kids' discretion).  I am loving it!!
6) if you are in Class A, also plenty of opportunities to let the kids develop more
7) it's a govt school, all fees charged will be kept at a minimum cost without sacrificing the quality.

I have no regret at all on choosing ABGPS!!!

2#
發表於 13-9-10 01:40 |顯示全部帖子
回復 SmellyChu 的帖子

I don't think there will be big differences between our class A students and other students at other regional famous schools in terms of academic results.  Unlike one of the regional schools' principal, who often being high profile and boost about the achievement of their school orchestra, ABGPS appear to be low-profile but still actively participate in all kinds of inter-school sports and musical events.  

One thing I appreciate ABGPS a lot:   no compulsory rule on ECA, no need to force your kid to study one kind of musical instruments.  My kid is not interested in learning musical instruments.  Thank God ABGPS hasn't got such a rule which saved our time and money.

It's true that there are many new Chinese immigrants' kids are admitted into ABGPS.  But if your kid is willing to study hard, I think it isn't difficult at all to get into Class A.  Don't worry too much.

Sorry to type in English as it's faster for me.  If you prefer I reply in Chinese, please let me know.

3#
發表於 13-9-10 12:25 |顯示全部帖子
You are welcome.

The mainlander students are not that naughty at ABGPS.  But to be frank they are a bit weak in English (most of them).  But I don't think that would cause us problems as the good ones will be gathered in Class A and the teaching speed and quality will be totally different (except for P1 & P2).

Your kid is a boy or a girl?  Now in K3?  When my boy was in K3, ABGPS was my only choice.  Close to home, also not w/ long history so less younger brothers/sisters to compete with.  Also ABGPS links up with good secondary schools.

Pls feel free to post here if you have more questions.

4#
發表於 13-9-11 00:54 |顯示全部帖子
回復 SmellyChu 的帖子

Welcome to ABGPS and good luck to your boy!

Shaukeiwan Govt Primary School's campus is a bit small and old when compared to ABGPS.  I haven't checked its secondary school linkage.  Just becoz of the location and campus it has already been excluded from my choice.

崇真seems having a nice campus but a bit far away from my home.  Therefore not considered as well.  

I am rather lazy and prefer the school to be close to home.  In case of emergency, we can pick up the kid ASAP.

5#
發表於 13-9-11 22:50 |顯示全部帖子
回復 SmellyChu 的帖子

No need to worry too much, take it easy.

PM me when the result is announced!  Good luck!

6#
發表於 13-9-12 01:30 |顯示全部帖子
回復 nicksonma 的帖子

愛官小一、小二還沒有用成績來分班,所以小兒那兩年過得頗輕鬆,我相信功課量,如果跟其他學校相比,不算多。

三年級開始就分班,最好的去A班,較次的去B班,再次的去C班,其餘的D和E班就混合,A班明顯功課量比其他的班較多,但是跟其他名牌小學的功課量相比,應該還有段距離,能力範圍内可以應付。

老師們,托賴,多年來小兒接觸過的大多是有愛心,對教育有熱誠的一輩,這方面我起碼給90分!

崇真那邊我沒有深入研究過内部的情況,也不認識他們的學生、老師和家長,所以不能比較。

有問題歡迎再詢問。

7#
發表於 13-9-12 13:55 |顯示全部帖子
回復 nicksonma 的帖子

P1, P2, 時,如果小朋友乖乖坐好做,一個半小時應該可以搞掂了。不過都有些親子功課,例如剪報,需要家長幫忙。

功課輔導班,通常學校發現有哪些小朋友學習方面有困難,就會自動編到輔導班,好像叫讀寫樂。如果不是有很大學習困難,而且留心上課,應該不需要功課輔導。我仔話,通常在小息,午飯后,或者某些空堂都可以做功課,您可以吩咐小朋友善用那些時間,您下班回家就負責核對,親子功課和溫習那部分。

點評

nicksonma  唔該晒!  發表於 13-9-12 14:25

8#
發表於 13-9-13 15:48 |顯示全部帖子
heavy workload for kids is also nightmare to parents, esp. to working mom.
Sometimes the school workload do push my kid and myself to corner, luckily ABGPS is not the most extreme case.  As a working mom, most important is to train up your kid to take more initiative in studies, rather than waiting for you to return home to help.  

All in all, ABGPS is an ideal choice!!

9#
發表於 13-9-13 22:15 |顯示全部帖子
SmellyChu 發表於 13-9-13 18:06
好開心喺呢度同你地傾,大家都有差唔多嘅諗法。希望今年報小一嘅可以快啲做到一個自己覺得正確嘅決定,唔洗 ...
衷心祝福大家如願,小朋友們有個愉快又健康的小學生活!

10#
發表於 13-9-14 00:04 |顯示全部帖子
nicksonma 發表於 13-9-13 23:47
thank you so much!
I think I am not patient, even if give up my work cannot be a good full time mom, ...
So ABGPS seems suitable for you!  Regarding copying.... certain volume..... be prepared for that!

11#
發表於 13-9-18 02:36 |顯示全部帖子
nicksonma 發表於 13-9-17 16:39
回復 saiwanho 的帖子

想請問下你, 今年愛官升中派位成績如何?
我只知道剛剛畢業的六年級男生有7人進了皇仁,其他的,大家可以去愛官的網頁看看,不過沒有詳細列明每間學校有多少人入了。愛官的聯係中學有:皇仁,筲官,金文泰和筲箕灣東官中。可能因爲連了皇仁的關係,男生比女生多。

哈哈,我家也是距離愛官大概10多分鐘的步行距離,對我來説,還可以吧,每天就當作是運動。不用坐車,我就覺得很方便,因爲時間可以控制。

三間如果以校舍來比較,太古小學比較遜色,原因是給其他高樓包圍,也距離很近。但是其他方面我就不大清楚。

論歷史,愛官是比較新,也可能因爲這樣還未能給太大的信心給家長們。

21號的參觀希望能給您們多點資訊關於愛官,到時有問題不要害羞,盡情發問!

到最後下了什麽決定,歡迎PM我!

12#
發表於 13-9-18 02:46 |顯示全部帖子
回復 SmellyChu 的帖子

愛官的校風是可以的,我兒子現在小五,過去四年沒有學壞!誠然,每班當然會有些較頑皮/專注力不足的學生,一、二年級可能也較容易見到,因爲沒有用成績分班,不過,從未遇上,也沒聽説過有欺淩的事件。我覺得小朋友通常都是類似的性格才走在一起,您的小朋友是文靜的一類,通常不會跟頑皮的一類混起來。以小兒為例,他不會與頑皮的同學玩,所以我從來沒有太擔心他的同學是什麽類型的。

有一點我想提出,愛官老師們跟家長有保持定期的聯絡,小朋友譬如在學校學習、操行上有問題,很快就會傳到父母那裏,因爲老師們會直接跟家長聯絡,反過來,家長們隨時有需要,也可以打電話預約老師詳談,溝通是雙向的,都是以小朋友為大前提,這一點我很喜歡。

13#
發表於 13-9-18 02:53 |顯示全部帖子
再分享多一些:

當年小兒也只有15分,如果我選熱門的學校,肯定要“蘿戀”多幾個月,因爲不會一記擊中。所以當年有自知之明,選沒有宗教背景的,歷史不大久的,避免因爲自己不是教徒,而且避開老牌學校有很多兄姐就讀的,勝算就大多了。如果大家手持的分數不高,也不妨考慮我以上所說的。

14#
發表於 13-9-18 11:19 |顯示全部帖子
兩位英雄所見略同!當年1擊即中,精神上馬上覺得好舒暢!無論您們最終的選擇是哪所學校,希望您們能享受我當年的舒暢!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題