發新帖
查看: 5611|回覆: 2
go

九真offer報喜區 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 16-12-6 09:59 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 dmchu 於 16-12-6 10:00 編輯
damn 發表於 16-12-5 17:41
I actually visited the schools or called the schools to compare their teaching materials.What I fin ...

Hello damn,
Thank you for the information shared here.
That actually worries me as the syllabus seems 2 levels down vs what my kid is learning at PN now.
She is learning Letterland really fast in PN class - and the school will proceed to spelling patterns in K1.
If the above is true, I think TL might only start Phonics in K2 - which is a bit late.

I just called the school, asking similar questions.
But the lady handling the call didn't reveal any information regarding syllabus or materials used - saying they could not reveal until EDB approves.
Upon registration they will give more information regarding Parent-school meeting schedule, which should be approximately May next year.

Somehow I think KLN TL is gradually improving.
They moved onto EMI in Primary and 75% EMI in Secondary School since 2010 and 2011.
By looking at their University Admission Rate, it is on an up-trend in these 2 years.
I hope, if they haven't decided up the syllabus yet, will strengthen competitiveness of children when finalizing it.

Honestly I think TL primary can still be a very good back up, considering we have no extra points for Discretionary Places Admission Stage.

2#
發表於 17-3-6 15:07 |顯示全部帖子
penp0319 發表於 17-3-5 23:45
路過!k2 start phonics 係正常!k1 太細開始太細!
我小朋友現在PN已經學習Phonics,我覺得成效好像不錯。
比如我隨意問Mo...Mo...Monkey Belongs to?
小朋友會答到M,問其他字不太複雜一般都會答到。

我不是說早學代表好,畢竟學習了A很可能會代表B會被忽略。
我只是覺得到了K2又重覆學一次好像有點兒浪費。

3#
發表於 17-5-18 23:46 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 dmchu 於 17-5-18 23:46 編輯
baby-papa 發表於 17-5-18 21:36
我是路過的,我認為單憑有無Phonics 學去決定間幼稚園質素是不理想(至少我不會這樣考慮),即使小學面試 ...

一所幼稚園質素如何,有許多因素,包括師資、各項資源投放等等,課程是其中一個環節。
但我本身贊成幼稚園階段學習PHONICS,因為可以盡早掌握英語發音。
此外發音的一般法則掌握了,對於日後SPELLING幫助不少。

現在很多幼稚園都會教PHONICS,幾乎變成了HYGIENE FACTOR。
我上面提到的反而是N班經已學了基礎部份,到K班「重新出發」的話會有點浪費而已。

我當年都沒學PHONICS。到中學才學IPA,純粹係當興趣班,畢生受用。

‹ 上一主題|下一主題