用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 WHO Has given an offer for the coming year (UCAS)
發新帖
查看: 4786|回覆: 8
go

WHO Has given an offer for the coming year (UCAS) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 15-3-10 20:46 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 ninmum 的帖子

All 5 offers received by Jan.

2#
發表於 15-3-10 22:11 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 快樂鳥 的帖子

My son is taking IB in Hong Kong. Yes, all 5 are conditional offers. Need to take the IB exam in May and IB results will be released in July. At that time he will know if he can meet the conditions of the offers.
By the way, he need to choose 1 firm offer and 1 as insurance by early June. The other 3 offers will be released back to universities to offer to other students.

3#
發表於 15-3-11 20:00 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 ksenia 的帖子

My son applies for a "math/science/technology" subject which he likes very much. (sorry, don't want to disclose exact subject as it is his privacy). Got offer from Oxbridge, Imperial, UCL, Warwick, and Edinburgh. He will firm Oxbridge but is still thinking which one is the insurance. As he also applies for universities in US, his school counsellor told him to wait for US admission decision 1st before deciding the insurance of UK.
Oxbridge conditions similar to Imperial and UCL. If he has a good offer from US, he will take Imperial as the insurance. Otherwise, will choose between Warwick and Edinburgh.

點評

HKTHK  Congrats!  發表於 15-3-12 11:55
caa  Impressive! Pls check pm  發表於 15-3-11 21:42

4#
發表於 15-3-11 22:21 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 快樂鳥 的帖子

Self-apply after consulting the counsellors in his school.

5#
發表於 15-3-11 23:45 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 Ruby1219 的帖子

In fact, one of Oxford and Cambridge. Just don't want to disclose exactly which one. Everyone will know who he is.

6#
發表於 15-3-12 22:49 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 Ruby1219 的帖子

Ruby1219,
My son is studying in HK. The university counselling team in the school is a strong team and provides comprehensive advice for the whole university application process.

For example, after the students indicate their intention to apply Oxbridge (of course they need to attain certain predicted IB score), the school will assign mentor, to drill admission tests and provide mock interview. The personal statement was also reviewed several times and by different people in the school.

I had 2 formal meetings with the counsellors, the 1st one was to decide one of the IB DP subjects, based on my son's academic interest and subjects he intended to study in UK/HK universities.  The 2nd meeting was to decide the subject to be applied at Oxbridge. The counsellors welcome parents to talk to them anytime.

The rest was handled directly by my son with the counsellors. For example, deciding a good list of universities to be applied in UK/US/HK, with a good mix of safety colleges, desirable colleges and dream colleges. The counsellors will review all the US essays if the student asked them to review, giving comments on appropriateness of contents, but never edited them.

7#
發表於 15-3-12 22:51 |顯示全部帖子
快樂鳥 發表於 15-3-12 18:09
我上星期六去完Amber 攪的講座, Agent話可以through佢地申請5間大學,費用$1650, 但小兒今年中五,佢叫我十月 ...
If applying universities through UCAS, there is no need to pay any deposit when the students confirm the offer.

8#
發表於 15-3-13 10:44 |顯示全部帖子
Mayflowers 發表於 15-3-12 23:56
Is that the "Firm" reply only availble on UCAS provided all the unis have send the conditional offer ...
Mayflowers,
Yes, at the UCAS website, the "reply" option is only available after all the universities applied have given their offers.

9#
發表於 15-3-13 11:24 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 foolish.mom 的帖子

Learnt from "the student room" that, if a student wants to firm the offer from the targeted university earlier, and her already selected the insurance university, but is still waiting for the results of 1 or other universities, he may "withdraw" the application from the universities whose result is not yet known. After this action, he can firm the offer at UCAS.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖